1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic WORLD CUP 2018

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 16, 2018.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sweden should have had a penalty in the first half....a definite shoulder pull and then a push....I thought video checking would solve those type of problems...but obviously not so.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well what a half.. I know its only panama but still .. hopefully plenty more to come..

Watch out the rest as we will get stronger as confidence will grow. <party>:emoticon-0182-poolp

3. Greenarmyjoe

well 8 nil it could be. double what i predicted.. Few more penalties.. About time we had a tough ref to stop the wrestling..

Its been a joke in every game. :emoticon-0157-sun::emoticon-0157-sun:

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

England...5-0...Panama...H/T.........thugs from Central America...Referee should be dishing out red cards.....do they know the difference between football and rugby.
    How can they protest about wrestling England players to the ground....and stop penalties being taken for over two minutes.....and the protesting to the Ref that England are taking too long celebrating and stopping them restarting......total morons and amateurs and out of their depth.

PS.....even in Rugby its illegal to tackle a player to the ground who hasn't got the ball......not for Panama it isn't.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

England...6-1...Panama...F/T.....a bit flat in the second half.....job done.....was Raheem Sterling actually play in this game didn't seem to be involved although England dominated....has Kane got the Midas touch...two penalties and then a third off his heel without him knowing about it.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They were never going to keep going full tilt in the second half when the game was won. Well deserved result and one of those where most things went right for a change. No sympathy for Panama at all. If they had shown a bit more sportsmanship then I might have had some but they didn't. Thing is they aren't very good at the cheating bit but the Referees are so bad at times that they don't need to be. There is no way that Ref should have allowed the delaying tactics for the first penalty. They showed nothing but contempt for him waving his hands about telling them to get out of the box and the Keeper to stand where he is supposed to. He should have got a card out straight away and the chat back stuff should have been stopped. They learned he would do nothing much so for the second penalty were ust as bad if not worse. At least this Ref gave a penalty for the rugby/wrestling moves. Took a whole load of warnings first though. Job done, qualified for the next round so that's all that matters.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Next game is a good one against Belguim. Be like a premier league game as not many belgium players do not play in our league.

Well does not matter as we a re through and may meet the japs next .. columbia look good tonight also .. entertaining. Not many boring games to date all worth watching.. No trouble and a good world cup to date 3 nil columbia

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Once it got to 2 - 0 the Poles seemed to give up. At least the Blondes in the crowd were easy to pick out for the camera man. They didn't look too happy though.

I agree with you Joe the matches pretty much so far have been fairly watchable. Also not much in the way of trouble supporters wise either. I think the dire warnings we were getting prior to the competition was more paper talk than anything. Nice to see the crowds mixed and no need so far for segregation. As it should be.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

To many people getting carried away....we've beaten Tunisia (just)....and Panama.....neither side anywhere near world football powers......lets wait till we have to play teams above us in the world pecking order....our next game will probably be against Belgium's "B " team...who can tell how they will play it....just wait and play what's in front of us each match.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Iran...1-1...Portugal....total farce....VAR rules the world.....how was that ever a penalty....and how long did it take to make that decision.

Players play-acting injuries and fouls out of thin air.....there all cheats, cheats, cheats.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Apart from that was it a good game plym?

The word being "we beat" though which is more than some of the teams have done. Both Spain and Portugal for example drew tonight against opposition you would normally expect them to beat easily. Germany lost to a team they would also normally beat easily. Argentina look like going home possibly. I'm never going to get carried away with England but no matter how you dress it up they have done better than a few might have expected them to and have avoided the banana skins.

12. Greenarmyjoe

I agree, All the teams are at the world cup as they were the best in their qualification groups. no easy games as every one wants to win and beat a bigger team. even england.

I think they have got a decent squad and as you said no one expected this and i think its been relaxed.

We will see, the further we go the better they will get, the future looks good if he keeps them all together.
    The fans have been all together and enjoying the games, hope fully it will be a trouble free cup..

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The next World Cup in the desert....I think is planned for 48 teams.....they'll be a few duff teams at that.

14. Greenarmyjoe

Well im sure that will be ruined by the heat ..

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Promised air-condition stadiums.....money no option out there.

16. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Penalty against Argentina for holding (wrestling) at a corner. I'm loving this.. let's hope it comes into the domestic game. Not before time.

Nigeria 1 1 Argentina at 64 mins. Argentina going out if it stays ad it is.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argentina scrape through 2-1......sod-it.

18. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Maradonna disgracing himself and his country again by giving the finger to Nigerian fans. What a fat, drug addled wreck he's become.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Agree Maradona is an embarrassment now and they should not let him leave Argentina.

That aside. Didn't you just know that Argentina were going to score at the end and win the game. They were the better team on the night but boy do they try it on with the Ref. I thought Messi was given special protection by him and anyone who remotely put a foot in near him it ended in a free kick. Masserano is one who should be muzzled. Di Maria is a cheating git and there were plenty of incidents of chucking oneself down in fairness by both sides. The antics at the penalty once more were a joke though. The Ref gave a penalty. From there he should clear the area and stand the Keeper on his line. He should not put up with all the jostling and time wasting tactics. Masserano woild not shut up and would not move out of the area for ages. He booked him for the foul and having given him a couple of chances to shut his mouth should have given him a second one for dissent and the Red to follow. Referees must take charge of these situations because if they don't it's a farce. He booked Mikel for dissent when he protested too long and loudly so why not the other way. They just aren't consistent. I'm gutted. Not because I wanted Nigeria to win but because I didn't want Argentina to go through. They don't deserve it like the Germans didn't.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

France v Argentina....this will be the only time I'll be rooting for the French.