1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic WORLD CUP 2018

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, May 16, 2018.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

During the penalty saga...one of their players actually stood there scuffing up the penalty spot....there's half a dozen people in that VAR room....didn't any of them see it.....so much missed....yet we ended up getting a few very tame yellow cards.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't do sticky things so if you want to see it then follow the instructions..................Neymar. There is a thread on the prem page at the bottom after the teams boards. It is entitled NEYMAR. About halfway down the posts there is one with a little video on it. You have to go and look at it because it's brilliant. I haven't laughed at anything as much for ages. If people can do a link then please feel free to put it on here.

3. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

These people who are in charge of the VAR and refs are a ttal disgrace . Thye obviously donr want us in it. we have had a couple bad refs and i would say the worse var decisions. I knew it would be like this as they cant play football, just thugs from columbia, Does not matter now they are on the way back home. The next one will be different as its a EU side and i would not expect the same tactics. You never know..

Any way there i was correct last 8.. How far will we go.. <party>

4. Greenarmyjoe

They are to busy opening the envelopes ..

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think Harry Kane is some sort of android. He's scored all those penalties so when he stepped up first in the shoot out, I felt sure he'd miss when it mattered so much. Nope, went high left twice then down the middle when top left started to look predictable so where did this go? Bottom left like a bullet. Of course it did. What was I thinking?

I can only imagine that refs have been told to go easy on our under privileged South American brothers because they are sooooo very talented but a bit violent and a tad erratic emotionally. Well, this is football we are playing with only one set of rules. Billions of people watch the World Cup who don't usually watch the game. What impression did the Columbians give to them last night? Totally unacceptable, especially from an American ref who should know better.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It is so sad that governing body of football is FIFA....who have more thugs and cheats than the average South American country,.....Of course Columbia were above average for cheating, thuggery, dark arts and the ability to protest for five minutes about the injustice of having the most blatant penalty given against them....they did everything possible to stop the penalty from being taken.....the Ref had the answer to their tactics...but allowed himself to be drawn into endless arguments instead of issuing yellow and red cards for their tactics....didn't the VAR control room notice that Columbia did everything possible short of bringing on a bulldozer and pneumatic drill to remove the penalty spot....or so it seemed.
    At least a team trying to play football won at the end of the day....anything else would have been a complete injustice.

7. notDistantGreen

Never mind, we are through and although it had to he via penalties, we deserved it.

8. notDistantGreen

Another good Poldark puzzler Plymborn. What I will say is that he has only the one frock coat and tricorn hat and the latter can at least be rotated by one corn when it starts to get threadbare from constantly doffing the ladies.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I don't think your taking Poldark too seriously.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I did notice on one occasion when the Columbian Manager had been heatedly protesting his sides innocence with the ref...that he walked back to the dugout smirking with one of his coaches....possibly saying....."we got away with that one".

The Ref was to blame for the first half getting out of control......he should have nipped it in the bud...by getting the Columbian manager and captain together....and telling them that he knew what they were doing....and reminding them that he was refereeing this match and he had yellow and red cards to prove it at his disposal to implement his authority...but he didn't....surprising really seeing that he was North American and probably had regular knowledge of South American black arts.

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Hope FIFA explains themselves over this....totally unacceptable! But we actually won a penalty shootout wow!

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

THIS IS REALLY WHAT HAPPENED.

Diego Maradona claims that England's win was a "MONUMENTAL ROBBERY"....,.it was Harry Kane who was fouling Carlos Sanchez and the referee should never have given England a penalty.
    Columbian Captain Radamel Falcao accused referee Mark Geiger of bias towards England, calling the Americans performance shameful.

GOOD GRIEF...are these people real, can they really believe such things.

We know that FIFA will not be able to sort out Columbian cheating.....years back they were unable to sort out Maradona's..."hand of God" moment.

I expect they could make sure that Mark Geiger never referees another international....being so bias against Columbia.

13. Greenarmyjoe

What do Americans know about football, so why do they ref. Nonne of our refs there because fifa Never had a bung.

Total disgrace.. bring back Splatter and platinni :police:

14. Greenarmyjoe

What does that little fat junky know.. He was probably high on some of the stuff they gave him in an envelope from Columbia. He had a columbian shirt on.
    Well they are on their way home now with his team who are already home..

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have just read the story of Maradona and the Columbian Falcao making their respective statements on proceedings last night. In essence they are calling the Referee a cheat at best and suggesting he took a bribe at worst. Now I do think that the Ref was absolutely rubbish but you cannot allow people to make that sort of accusation and do nothing about it can you? Surely there has to be some sort of action taken against the two of them. If that sort of thing was said in English football then the FA would be all over it.

I must say I find it absolutely hillarious that Maradona can say anyone has robbed anyone else of a result. I guess he owes the Columbians far too much money for goods and services that he can't say anything else in case they call in the credit notes.

Did anyone manage to have a look at the NEYMAR thread for the video I mentioned?

16. notDistantGreen

I did Sensible but I think it has gone missing for copyright reasons. Or to avoid embarrassing someone.......

17. notDistantGreen

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's the third post down and the vid still works on my computer. Had to wait a little bit for it to come in and then click a couple of times on arrows but it still shows. Cantona is funny though but I still say the Neymar vid is best.

19. Greenarmyjoe

Fifa wont do nothing to either of them. Maradonna is a has been and a total fat arsehole. He dont know what he is saying as he is off his face all day on the columbian skunk .. or harder crap. As for Falcow! he is finished he could not do it in the prem? Just hold your hands up and say you lost, next time try and play football you may have won the game.. The neymar show tomorrow now hope fully they will be going home..

Uraguay v England Finale anyone?? we owe Suarez.. Only 1 booking to date for Uraquay

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Oh no not Suarez. He might come back to bite our arse...................(through a tennis racket)