1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread World Cup Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Oct 8, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Not a chance.

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

After our away game v Spartak there was some very positive feedback about the opposition fans. Maybe things are changing.

saintKlopp likes this.
  3. saintKlopp

I read similar things.
    I suppose it's the same the world over, the majority of people are decent and just want to get on with their lives, but there are an aggressive minority looking to cause trouble. You just have to hope you avoid the latter.

4. AndyI

AndyI Well-Known Member

Same with Sanchez wherever he goes.

Wonder how motivated he'll be as he runs his contract down at Arsenal looking at a massive signing on fee from his new club!

5. johnsonsbaby

I would have thought there's too much at stake for the good of the world view of Russia and the financial benefits from staging the event for fans to kick off [pardon the pun].

6. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Thing is jb, the change doesn't just come down to how the Russian hooligans behave it's also down to the England bovver boys changing their ways.
    If there's a few hundred Engerland fans outside a bar drunk insulting the locals and singing Rule Britannia you can bet the locals will see that as throwing down the gauntlet.
    I just don't think drink and football mix very well but as there won't be a ban on alcohol there I'd expect disturbing scenes on the news this coming summer.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

My view of this russia thing is simple

1. The russians want a good public showing. Putin wants it to be exact. I 'd not be shocked if guys were hoovered up never to be seen again.

2. England fans can take a few very simple precautions to not give these guys an excuse. no colours, no singing, no drinking in their bars. Find acceptable places to go. be a toursit. this is not a boozy holiday zone. simple.

I think when the russinas do f1 or did winter olypics these issues didn't arise. I think the draw for the thing will be fixed up to keep england fans way from moscow as much as feasible and once concentrated in a location to fear of secret ploic disappearing you and orders for their masters will shut down most of the hooligans.

Only a ****ing fool would want to go there to watch england anyway. Its one thing going to france with family etc and being set upon by state sponsored thugs out to make trouble. Its quite another to go to that place and expect any thing but the cold shoulder.

8. johnsonsbaby

You make a good point. Let's hope it goes off well.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  9. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Singing, drinking and bringing your flags/colours is literally the whole point of going away to support your team though.

10. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Totally agree, but like when at the Euro's the English insulting the locals outside of the bars, it was completely different with the Welsh and NI fans, they made a great and colourful atmosphere and made many friends wherever they played.
    It's not about that in Russia next summer, their foreign affairs minister said that the English should refrain from singing patriotic songs as the Russian hooligans will see that as an insult and will defend their country(or something very similar)
    And the Russian police have said they won't stand for any crap over there, they'll probably cause most of it themselves.

11. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Yup, got told by a few that English fans were pretty much dickheads to every Wales fan that passed their bars in Lens. Didn't have any issues with the Northern Irish in Paris, they were all sound before and after even though they'd been knocked out.

12. johnsonsbaby

The Welsh and Irish aren't your hardened travelling footie fans - the English have 'firms' :bandit:

luvgonzo and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  13. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

I see USA failed to qualify for the World Cup. Fox must be feeling a bit peeved having spent $400m to get the TV rights .

14. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Yeah... Wonder how hard it will be to see. Probably just play the games delayes at 2:30 am

15. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Messi > Ronaldo #endof

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

The thing is you get this hype about trouble in the media before every tournament. South Africa was carjacking, Poland/Ukraine was racism etc.

I think in the big cities nothing too big will go off but there could be huge problems in the smaller cities where there might not be as much police attention. I expect the authorities to downplay any trouble there is too.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

I thought it was to watch the game ans support in stadium then come home safe.

Fans are not going to a nice place here.

18. LuisDiazgamechanger

I pray that the world cup go on peacefully in Russia. Since Russia became a capitalist country they have overtaken the west in violence
    Mafia are there, so also drug barons.

19. moreinjuredthanowen

yes but putin rules them all. he can vanish anyone so if he decrees english fans are to be killed they will be killed and if he decrees its to be a wonderful time for english fans it will happen.

I really have no interest in going to watching particularly.

20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Any Englishman that travels to Russia is a dick looking for trouble. No sane person would even consider making the trip