1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

World Snooker Betting...

Discussion in 'Snooker' started by redcgull, Apr 18, 2012.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Just thought that i would point out what in my mind are some good bets for the World Snooker Championships starting this weekend...

First off the fav is Judd Trump and at 5/1 isnt the best of odds, but looking at this closely he is in the easier half, with only Shaun Murphy, Graeme Dott and John Higgins to get past... Higgins has had a poor season by his standards and might struggle to make it past the quarters... Dott again has been very inconsistant this season, which leaves Shaun Murphy his biggest obstacle towards making the final...

The bottom half of the draw has a minefield of opponenants who could make the final. M. Williams, R. O'Sullivan, N. Robertson, Ding Junhui and M. Selby. Selby being the most consistant of the lot has got to number one in the world this year and at 9/1 looks tempting but not gaurenteed - but what is in the sporting world...!!! Selby has reached 5 ranking semi finals with 3 finals this year, more than any other player... Shaun Murphy has made 3 ranking finals, without getting to the final... Trump has won 2 titles which include the UK Open and the Masters... Ronnie has made only 2 semi appearances and in the China Open against all his opponants basically went for the 147 break and £30,000 to justify his trip out over there...!!!

Other bets will invariably include highest break and the maximum 147 break... If you didnt know the maximum dosnt get the £147,000 or a Lada car like it did years ago but is now on a acculmalative £5,000 per tournment. At the moment this now stands at £35,000 to the player who 1st gets the magical 147 to his name... At the moment the odds for a 147 by any player in the tournament is 6/5, but having looked at what PadPow have offered we can bet on any individual match, which i think is good... Ronnie is a 50/1 shot at making a 147 v Peter Ebdon in his first match and as Ronnie and Ebdon do not see eye to eye i think Ronnie will be trying to show the slow coach Ebdon how to play the game... 50/1 seems a great little bet to me and have invested likewise...

Shaun Murphy at 12/1 to reach the final...
    Mark Selby at 9/1 to reach the final...
    A 147 to be made in the tournament 6/5...
    I will be going with Ronnie and his bid fo a 147 in all his matches while he stays in the tournament... 50/1 are the odds v Ebdon - All other players are at 77/1 and a few at 66/1...

Good luck if you have a bet on the snooker... I cant wait for this to start...<cheers>

2. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

I said previously i would be backing Trump and Dott but now the dust has settled i have decided against. Although a big fan of Trump's i can't be having 5/1 in an ultra competitve tournament albeit he may win it well. I have opted to do singles on Both Shaun Murphy and Neil Robertson but it's more for interest than actually expecting a return.

Murphy has been playing well this season and i expect a good run from him and he may meet Trump in the Quarters if both progress that far, that could backfire on me but i'd rather side with Murphy purely for the value and after getting dumped out by Trump in the 1st round last year i feel Roberstson will be out to show the world his 2010 win wasn't a fluke and can see a good run if he can get by Ronnie in the Quarters.

Robertson @ 9/1
    Murphy @ 14/1

3. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Only 4 guys IMO are good enough to win this, they are Trump, Robertson, Higgins and Murphy. I'd go with Robertson though if i had to pick just 1 :biggrin:

4. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Yes i agree KS, but i also think its going to be a very open tournament... Dont see a Joe Johnson 150/1 outsider winning it but Ding, Selby, Williams or Maguire have just as good a chance...

Top half is basically who can get past Trump... The bottom half of the draw is who can just make the final as its the harder side...

Robertson is one who will be hard to beat so i wont go against you, but i just fancy Selby. But not by much...<cheers>

5. mcloren

mcloren New Member

Ronnie is a 50/1 shot at making a 147 v Peter Ebdon in his first match and as Ronnie and Ebdon do not see eye to eye i think Ronnie will be trying to show the slow coach Ebdon how to play the game... 50/1 seems a great little bet to me and have invested likewise...