1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Would you take Steve Bruce

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Ledleysleftfoot, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Ledleysleftfoot

Ledleysleftfoot Well-Known Member

Would you take Steve Bruce as the next Cardiff Manager or would you prefer to try someone who's untested at this level - like Mike Flynn?

2. Ledleysleftfoot

Assuming that Mick & Bruce leave their posts at some time

3. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

No, we need a change of tack, Swansea seems to find young forward thinking managers so why can't we?

Ledleysleftfoot likes this.
  4. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

Because our directors dont have a clue about football.

5. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

LLF - good to see you on here again <ok>

I have a lot of time for Steve Bruce and see him as someone who has worked hard and maintained dignity in the most trying circumstances. Unfortunately, those circumstances are a barrier to identifying if he could do an effective job elsewhere. I think just at the moment, him taking over as manager/coach at CCS would be a dodgy move for both him and the club. The man has earned a less stressful environment to work in.
    That said, I still like the idea of Morison our U23 coach being given a crack of the whip with perhaps someone like Steve Bruce stepping in to support and advise him.
    I know at the moment that we as fans have a problem with some old heads, but I think Bruce is different and could encourage a young manager to develop a playing style that's more in touch with the modern game.

Ledleysleftfoot likes this.
  6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Bruce would be a backward step and too expensive.
    Flynn isn’t the type we need.
    We need a visionary - like the Brentford guy or Robbins but our clubs board don’t have the foggiest idea.
    Dalman has overseen some terrible managers - Solskjaer when we needed a firefighter. Trollop, Harris & Slade and to top it all dinosaur Mick.<doh>
    They got lucky with Warnock but even he got found out.
    For the moment Wilder could be a shout as OS suggested but suspect he’s just waiting for a bigger club.
    We haven’t had a manager who plays attractive football with exciting players since Jones.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  7. Ledleysleftfoot

Hi Clingo. Good to be back after so long and show that I'm still alive and kicking

8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hey LLF - welcome back pal. Don't stay away so long. <ok>

Brucey would not be for me. Although I think he could get more out of what we've got right now, I doubt he's the right "one for the future" and would just be more fire fighting.

Unfortunately, the lack of footballing nous at the top of this club is killing it. I have no confidence in the board in doing anything more than thinking short term - and that means just saving the season rather decisive planning for the future.

9. william5551

If he would come and i doubt he will Eddie Howe is the only one i would want.

10. william5551

Please tell me on thursday morning he is gone and if choo choo did say that he would like another manager i would sack him too,oh sack them all ,div 1 here we come. Three Chickens for sale going cheep cheep cheep.

11. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

I cannot believe he is still at the club.

How can a manager who stubbornly and crassly gave our opponents a free hit by playing 3 statues and 2 centre backs as wing backs as our defence still be in employment?

He’s ruined our club and those who make these decisions keep on compounding it week after week by keeping him on.

12. Ledleysleftfoot

Good to be back among friends OS

I agree that the club lacks footballing nous and that's really where NW was beneficial. I don't think that Bruce is the answer either but he's a strong character with a track record of getting clubs up. Perhaps the answer lies within the club at the moment with Steve Morrison. It's going to be difficult attracting any other manager unless NW recommend us to them. We're just not a draw at the moment. Forget Eddie Howe. He's never going to come to us - why would he put his reputation on the line again?

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.
  13. Ledleysleftfoot

Can't argue with that at all