1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WPL 2011-2012 Rules Thread

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Sir_Luther_Blissett, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Sir_Luther_Blissett

Watford Football Predictions 2011-2012

RULES THREAD

The rules are very simple really - predict the games, score points.
    Watford fans only, sorry, I have to keep this manageable.
    You must be a member of the Watford Prediction League. I'm not saying who is and who isn’t a Hornet but entry to this group is at my discretion.
    Fixture changes. Your predictions stand for fixtures on the weekend you predicted them (this will include the previous Friday and the following Monday, i.e. the 'weekend' is Fri, Sat, Sun & Mon). If Watford v Cardiff is moved from e.g. November to March, your prediction from November will not stand.
    You must post your predictions according to the Fixtures Rules on the Posting Thread before the deadline listed or before if I manually 'close' the thread, if I happen to be around (don't take a chance on this - post early) - NO EXCEPTIONS.
    Name changes accepted at my discretion. 1 per season. I may have to edit long names.
    CHECK YOUR PREDICTIONS THOROUGHLY BEFORE POSTING. I WON'T ACCEPT AMENDMENTS - ONCE POSTED THEY ARE CONSIDERED SUBMITTED.
    Once you have entered the league, you are in it for its duration.
    Entries copied from another will be void.
    These rules are subject to change (but probably won't).
    Final rule - remember it’s just a bit of fun.

SCORING is as follows:

BASIC POINTS
    a) Correct scoreline is worth 10 points.
    e.g. You say it will be 0-1 and the score is 0-1 you will score 10 points.
    b) Correct prediction of away win with scoreline wrong is worth 4 points.
    e.g. You say it will be a 0-1 away win, but it is a 0-2 away win, you will score 4 points.
    c) Correct prediction of home win with scoreline wrong is worth 3 points.
    e.g. You say it will be a 2-0 home win, but it is a 1-0 home win, you will score 3 points.
    d) Correct prediction of draw with scoreline wrong is worth 2 points.
    e.g. You say it will be a 1-1 draw, but it is a 0-0 draw, you will score 2 points.
    EXTRA POINTS
    e) A unique correct scoreline prediction is worth an extra 10 points.
    e.g. You say it will be a 5-1 win, and you are the only person to correctly predict this scoreline, you will score an extra 10 points.
    f) Correct goal difference is worth an extra 5 points.
    e.g. You say it will be 0-1 and the score is 2-3 you will score 5 extra points.
    g) One point for predicting. By merely predicting you will score one extra point for each fixture predicted.
    h) Watford fixtures worth double.

You may not post more than 4 identical predictions. Your highest scoring prediction(s) of this kind will be made void.
    To clarify, if someone were to post e.g. five 1-1s, which score 1, 16, 26, 52, 8, I will make the highest prediction (52pts) void. So they would have scored 1+16+26+0+8=51pts.
    If there are 6 identical results, the top two scoring predictions would be void; 7 identical, top three etc.

The League will be sorted from most to fewest points.

FUTURE PREDICTIONS THREAD (FPT)
    If you wish to change your predictions from the ones you've posted on the Future Predictions Thread, whatever you post on the Posting Thread, will replace whatever you've posted on the FPT. In other words, if you post predictions on the FPT for 24th September, just to make sure you've posted, you can. And then if you want to post a changed version on the Posting Thread, you can, and the predictions you've posted the FPT will be void.
    So, if you are away for a few weeks, or you are so busy/forgetful you would rather post weeks ahead, you can predict some future WPL Predictions on the FPT. Read the Rules first, and the Fixtures Rules on the WPL Posting Thread.
    It is recommended you post on the WPL Future Posting Thread and then update week by week on the WPL Posting Thread.
    You will not be at a disadvantage posting far in advance as you may change predictions posted on the FPT by posting replacement predictions on the Posting Thread.

Links
    WPL Main Thread
    WPL Posting Thread
    WPL Future Posting Thread
    WPL League
    Watford Prediction League - Group
    The Hornets Nest

2. Sir_Luther_Blissett

The marking program is done. Make sure you have a read of these rules. I tried to put some emphasis on the correct goal difference in the points structure whilst keeping a reward for those who are bold. I hope you enjoy this structure.

The league will be separated by points only (no 'goal difference' or 'correct scores' as before) because I don't know to post a table on this site (or even if I can). Any questions about the rules/points please post them here. Thanks <ok>.

3. Al the Hornet

Al the Hornet Well-Known Member

And another reminder the season is about to start:) Oh Happy Days, great work SLB looking forward to this:)

Formerly hornetal!

4. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Your doing a great job SLB .....Thank you!

5. Sir_Luther_Blissett

6. emiatss

emiatss Member

Good job SLB, much appreciated you put this on!

7. Sir_Luther_Blissett

Very happy to, emiatss :smiley: - glad you're in <ok>.

8. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

Ahhgg! I'm turning into a Kiwi. I enter the competition then I read the rules. Real NZers NEVER read instructions. Luckily I only had 4 scores the same and not 5.

9. Sir_Luther_Blissett

<yikes> Now listen to me very carefully, NZ, I'm going to talk you down.
    Can you see any pictures of your native country anywhere? Right, well look at them, but be very careful not to bitch about your preference for it over where you find yourself...
    You see the Marmite? Well twist the cap anti-clockwise and indulge. Be sure to value of the local Vegemite, too, though...

:D