1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wycombe & Bury

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Mcginlay's Car Keys, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Mcginlay's Car Keys

Just looked at the fixtures remaining for Bury and Wycombe. Bury's last three games do look tough, however they may already have sewn up promotion by then. I said on here a couple if weeks ago that I thought we had the easier run in. Now I'm not sure. I do not feel confident at the moment and if we do make the playoffs we will struggle as we have only beaten Stevenage and that was a tough game.

If we are to get promoted, we need to do it automatically.:1980_boogie_down:

2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

agreed i dont fancy the play offs either

3. Rocky blue army

imagine that the shrews v wycombe at old trafford in the play off final<yikes>the banter would be flying high then.

4. Mcginlay's Car Keys

Yes the banter would taken to a whole new level lol.

5. Rocky blue army

id have jenny on my case big time giving me grief<yikes>

6. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

Rocky.. It won't get to that stage, mon. We'll sneak 3rd place from you on goal difference & I wonder who's goals would've made the difference?! :emoticon-0139-bow:

7. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

quite agree jenny i do not fancy playoffs or auto promo in case we did a wobblers. any way judging by shots and gulls results we deserve to miss out on both. i can see uncle graham leading the turner babes to champions of the league next season with crawley in hot pursuit. come on shrews show that ex simmo outfit how its done, just in case we go up! floreat salopia, come on you shrews, and ctrb, town will never win anything with that lenny the lion badge, shrews 5 county 0

8. Rocky blue army

if you end up going up we dont want the ginger one back cos you will have to get rid of him he is no good in div 1:emoticon-0103-cool:

9. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

Maybe we will, maybe we won't? We'll cross that bridge when we get to it..

As a L2 striker, he's proved his worth. Especially so seeing as he was on a free. :)

10. atcham jack

the only gooduns i am counting on if we get to L1 is uncle graham, the groundsman, mower and rolands decanter. an element of squad building may be required. no i kid you. charlton, oldham and southampton are 3 reasons why we should do well, yes the squad may need some tinkering but uncle graham will have a couple of million to play with following the sale of some of our budding stars. about time we sold another youth goalie isnt it.
    by the way aj is not too steady on his pins, i assume it is a long walk from the brooklands, so aj does not do walking or pink posies but can stand at a bar for a bit if propprd up. i think i will go early and try and park in the ground, er not on the pitch. floreat salopia. is our mournful friend whatshrew predicting a shrews win by the way, i think we should be told

11. atcham jack

between you and i the wobblers have 1 or 2 awkward games. i would not be at all suprised to see gills elevated with the shakers and spires. town need 15 points

12. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Aj if you drive - park in the Sainsburys carpark on Meole retail park, make sure it is Sainsburys though. Around the right side of the building is a path that goes under the railway line and heads towards the ground. You'll find a trail of Shrews fans heading that way. It brings you out at the back of the stadium. I could pick you up if you want as I usually pick someone up in Monkmoor.

13. Matster

Forum Moderator

From the Brooklands is a 5-10 minute walk max. Parking at the stadium is limited so phone/book day before.

14. atcham jack

thanks matster may see you tonight at the yorton hilton. i wonder just how the wobblers will cope with crawley town next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am on my way

15. Matster

Forum Moderator

See you later AJ

16. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

I've just had a bad thought- since we're (kinda) counting on Bury to slip up in the last 3 games so if we've kept the pace we can ghost into 3rd place (Stevenage, Wycombe, Chesterfield) but what if Spireites are already up by then(likely as they need 4 pts) and are slacking off? <doh>
    Depressing

17. Matster

Forum Moderator

They'll still want to win their last game. Who wouldn't if they were going up as champions?

18. Matster

Forum Moderator

AJ I came down to Railway Yorton and missed you by 5 mins! If you get net access try and send me a message direct with some form of contact while you're up in Shrews.

19. Rocky blue army

crawley town.....their manager is a gangster.

20. Rocky blue army

i have just had a thought ,what if when wycombe play bury away and both teams need a point to secure an auto spot,i wonder what the score would be ,a 0-0 draw by any chance<laugh><laugh><laugh>