1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

X Factor

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by Ron, Oct 20, 2013.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Some lessons learned last night ...

Final 3 on performances last night for me:

Sam
    Luke
    Tameera

Luke could win this competition on the basis that he will get the 'popular vote' - lots of young girls who will both 'love' Luke for his age and good looks (and will 'dislike' Tameera for those same reasons). His Achilles heel is the slower softer parts of songs as the Mumford cover showed yesterday - 'pitchy' seems to be the new 'flat' <laugh> so he needs to keep to songs where he is able to be at his loudest throughout.

If the competition was based purely on the number of faultless vocal performances then the bookies would probably have already paid out on Sam Bailey's unassailable lead... as it isn't, she is vulnerable to someone more 'relevant' (a term used 4 x by Louis last night!!! - I think I've seen his strategy!)

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Again, I would agree with your summary FF. <ok>

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watching live the results. ****ing ridiculous, Luke v Tamera in the sing off. Joke.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tamera has gone. Just when she had blossomed.

The bottom 2 should have been Rough Copy and Nicholas imo. Disgraceful that neither of those 2 were in the bottom 2.

5. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... spot on - makes you wonder what motivates the voters - or is perhaps just complacency? - those supporting Nicholas and Rough Copy knowing they HAD to call and vote because of the relative performances, whereas Tameera and Luke fans just thinking that they'd get enough votes? - right decision on the 'sing-off' mind - Luke turned what seemed a mix of disappointment and anger into a passionate, compelling response ..

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So we now have the prospect of a final consisting of an excellent cruise ship singer, who is odds on fav, a second rate boy band and a young lad who, whilst likable and has a nice voice, is not really winner material. The final needed both Tamera and Luke (the 2 with the best future prospects) to ensure SB doesn't walk away with it. With no Tamera and if Luke doesn't reach the final I doubt I'll be watching it.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've just watched the sing off again and, as far as I'm concerned, that WAS the final. And the judges comments (Walsh and Osborne) were totally uncalled for. It was a great sing off and worthy of the final. How Rough Copy and Nicholas both escaped is a complete mystery to me. Tamera and Luke will get contracts. Wouldn't be so sure about the rest.

8. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Scottish contestants usually do well in these type of shows because they get huge backing from the public. In a similar vein I suspect that Rough Copy may have picked up some of Hannah's votes.

9. stick

stick Bumper King

Such a sore loser Ronaldo LOL

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

I haven't lost stick. The only bet I've advised was to take the 20/1 Luke (having highlighted his odds at 33s) and lay it off when he reaches the last 3 and is in single figures. Fortunately he went to a best priced 11/2 after the previous performance.

Having said that you have done OK yourself stick with your early selection. Must have been a decent price then.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watching live and I think Luke has taken a massive risk with his second song. He does have these slight pitching problems when singing low notes. Nicholas was not too good with his first song; second was better. Sam has a massive pair of lungs and can really hit the high notes; again not so hot on the low notes with her first song. Rough Copy were OK with their first song but not great. Second song was better; it was a fine line between brilliant and cocking it up. It will be interesting to see how the public viewed it. Just Sam B to go.

A very disappointing semi in that not one performance has been worthy of winning the competition. Any of the contestants could go and I would be glad to have laid off Luke when he was best priced 11/2.

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Last but not least. Not a fan of Sam B but that was a very nice version of Candle in the Wind. Performance of the night for me. If Luke does not make it to the last 3, which is quite possible after tonight's performance, this looks like a walk over now for Sam B.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In fact, given who's likely to be in the final, the 11/4 on still available is looking a bit tasty now

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Having listened again, Rough Copy weren't so rough tonight and should go through to the final with Sam B.

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Pretty much spot on.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sam and Nicholas through to the final. Luke and Rough Copy to sing off.

Personally I though Rough Copy were pretty rough tonight and may have chosen the wrong song. Whereas Luke sung the very popular and current Somewhere Only We Know.

It's gone to deadlock and down to the public vote.

Luke is through to the final. Thank goodness.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well, if I had been backing and laying as above, I think I would be having a little fun bet, from the profit, on Luke at a staggering 14/1

18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Can't see beyond Sam ... and to be fair she hasn't hit a bum note throughout the whole journey ...

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

20. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Ron ..... kwality Mrs Gazboy loves the Xfactor

she also tipped up David for the jungle but when I took the betfred 16/1 it was win only!!! there is money to be made int these circles<laugh>
    Id rather try and find the reason to back a plater 0-35 or whatever personally <ok>

Oh and Sam singing "and Im telling you" apart from being an anthem in the kitchen up here!!!! Well thats the winning tune right there!!!