1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Yellas v Spuds

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Feb 2, 2016.

1. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Ridiculous score for Mulumbu thought he was our best midfielder and did I hear right at the end of the game that Olsen was MoM.???

Canary Rob likes this.
  2. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Disagree with:
    1) Klose - I know they don't tell you everything, but his stats were excellent and he looked much the strongest of our defenders - I'd give him a 5.5
    2) Pinto - no idea how he manages a 5, he should be less... 4.5
    3) Olsson - should also be less than a 4.5! 4
    4) Mulumbu - was better than Tettey yesterday and actually looked like he could retain possession and put in a decent pass - something I felt Tettey did not look like (he spent too long on the ball and was closed down very quickly) - Mulumbu gets a 5.5 for me

Otherwise fine, although Vadis looks so much better from the bench so arguably deserves a better score as he actually looked quite creative.

But otherwise I think your points stands!

The annoying thing is, if it weren't for a very soft penalty and a break away goal at the end (which was a foul, undoubtedly), we'd all be saying "oh well we didn't deserve anything from the game, but Tottenham played exceptionally well, looked very tidy and we did well to keep it to 0-1 after conceding very early when they caught us sleeping".

And if we had been awarded the second half penalty we should undoubtedly have been (in fact arguably two based on how soft theirs was) we could have been saying "oh well it was a bad start against a very strong Tottenham team, but a decent bounce back to dig deep and find the net even if it didn't affect the result".

That third breakaway goal really took the biscuit.
    Fine margins.

3. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Well said - I was surprised by the stick he got as I thought he was ok!

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Interesting to see your ratings Rob and I would probably agree with you.
    Yes, we could easily have had a penalty for the foul on Naismith in the first half as well (not forgetting Mbokani being hauled down in the 2nd half). With a more favourable referee, we could have limited the damage to our GD at least!!!!

: NCFC