1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yesterday's game vs Cheltenham

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by GasheadinChelt, Jan 22, 2012.

1. GasheadinChelt

Well I was at Whaddon Road yesterday with the Cheltenham fans (in the terracing at the far end of the ground). I have to admit I thought we played really well. We neutralised them in the first half despite the fact that they had a fair amount of possession and then in the second half took our chances really well. Whilst one swallow does not a summer make, a few more performances like that - starting with Bradford on Saturday - we could end up comfortably mid table and if we go on a run like we did under Trolls and Lenny (when we got 25 points from the last 10 games) might even have a sniff of the play offs.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

lets not try to run before learning to walk.

the lads did very well vs cheltenham. but it will take time for mcghee to get it how he wants. 14 points from play offs with 57 points up for grabs dont seem too bad but i think we should forget the play offs and just stick to each game as it comes. what would be good is a strong finish to the season to get us ready for next season promotion push.

3. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we are capable of finishing in the top ten I think the play-offs are just a bit out of reach to be honest we would have to go on one hell of an unbeaten run and we are still yet to win two games in a row this season.

4. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

i hope you finish in the top 7, 7 points from 9 in 3 games including 2 away wins cannot be ignored, and 4 of these points came before magoo, so he is now adding to your success. cheltenham and crawley are 2 of the L2 top clubs. i suspect the gas made them look very ordinary.

yes there may be a hickup on the 14/2/12, but quite frankly with buckle you have been going backwards for so long you overlook progress, and the signs of that are there for all to see. keep it up gas. irene is wide awake

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I would like to think there could be a chance of reaching the play offs but it is most unlikely. To acquire 40 points from 19 games is a very tall order, although if that improbability were achieved then the goal difference would be reversed and no longer a problem. So IMO promotion prospects this season are out of reach.