1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yesterdays Match

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Nov 6, 2011.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wasn't able to go yesterday which was a big disappointment but did listen to the match on Radio. It actually sounded like a reasonable performance even if the final result was a bit of a let down. However, one name mentioned quite often on the commentary was that of Paul Bignot. It sounded to me as if he had a pretty good debute for us and played well. Is this a good signing or not?

2. Get your jiggle out

I made it down to Home Park for a rare home game yesterday, and was impressed with a few things. My last visit was the trouncing by Rotherham, so anything was bound to be an improvement!

I thought we played well for periods, and were desperately unlucky not take all the points. We had chances to go 2 up which would have seen us through, however people seemed reluctant to shoot. Feeney had his best game in a green shirt (that I've seen) and should have got MoM IMO. Walts' goal was class, and I love the way he is always first down the tunnel at half time, however he kept on giving the ball away in the first half. It was also the first time I had seen young Matt Lecointe who I thought showed some good touches and composure.

Highlight for me (aside from goal) was Hourihane trying to bicycle kick the ball to safety, but in fact misjudging it and letting the ball smack him in the face.

The last 15 minutes or so was also the best atmosphere I've seen inside Home Park for a while... even the Lyndhurst was singing (briefly)!

As for Bignot, I thought he looked solid at the back and also put in some decent crosses at they byline. He also got into a bit of mouthy mouthy with one of their players which is good to see as it implies passion. Good signing.

3. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I couldn't go either as my son had a late kick off and it was an away match in Cornwall. Heard snippets on the radio however and it was Feeney who seemed to get a lot of praise from Sparksey. Didn't I just know we'd give away our lead before the final whistle, what was unbelievable was that it happened during injury time which never should have been!

As Plym said somewhere it has to be more than simply bad luck which is following us around like a bad smell.

4. Get your jiggle out

Hmmm not too sure about that Miss Westcountrylalalala, I for one think the 5 mins extra was warranted. There were numerous injuries stops and timewasting tactics in the second half, and don't forget they scored in the 94th minute not the 95th.

Too many people were suffering from green specs post match yesterday. We should have added to our 1 goal lead and/or defended properly to the final whistle.

5. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh really? Fair one, I've seen lots of comments stating it never should have been 5 mins so your post is refreshingly honest <ok>

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All I can say on the extra time bit is that Sparksie and co presenter were somewhat surprised at 5 minutes and wondered when it was announced where he had gotten it from. Radio wise there didn't sound as if there were a lot of stoppages. As I said in my opening post however it is hard to tell when not viewing it sometimes. The record books will only show 1 - 1 so it matters not now. They say that things even themselves out over a season but I do think we have been on the end of more bad ones than good and it hasn't looked to even itself out for the last couple. It is also said you make your own luck and to some extent that part is true about Argyle. In all of my years of support Argyle have been the team to dip out if anyone is going to so it isn't a new phenomena for us really is it. We did get 3 really good seasons all at once but then lady luck frowned and the bottom dropped out once again. Maybe there is a curse somewhere. It is a little hard not to believe that of us at times.

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rugby stop the clock.........and the end is not controlled by the referee and his guessing how long.......at least Gridiron as they call American football has got it right.......counting the clock down.

8. curtismfc

curtismfc Member

I think we played better in the second half & was unlucky to hit the post from Ellison's shot. We had an off day like many teams do in league two but a point was better than nothing & keeps our 100% away record safe.

If you carry on playing the way you did yesterday you should pick up enough points to survive.

All the best.