1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yo my mackem friends

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Darth Tash, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

This and totally this....

2. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Well said.

3. Hairyhaggis

Hairyhaggis Well-Known Member

This. I too travel all over the world to get a product many of us take for granted in our lives. As it runs out, it gets harder and more dangerous to find it. Some of the **** holes I have to go to, and the conditions I have to work make alot of people boke.

One rig stands out as the worst. Travelled to Malaysia to get on it for the tow down to Oz, as I had some work to get done on the 2 weeks before it arrived and I had to run the tools. It had just undergone a refit and had about 40 indonesians/indians with a minimal 'western' crew on it. For those 2 weeks I ate fish heads & rice every night, got sick, worked in 50+ degree C temps with 90-100% humidity 16 hours a day, everyday. When I finally knocked off, the communal bathroom shared by 60 people on the bottom floor (upper management got their own bathrooms) was something of a nightmare. Due to the way the Asians go about their 'business' and how they clean themselves (squatting and with a hose...) they had managed to plug up the 35 year old plumbing, so everytime you walked in there, there was about 2" of **** floating on the floor. Every toilet was blocked, **** smeared all over the backs of the bogs, on the walls, and doors. Because of this, they had started taking to ****ting in the showers. So you walked in there and there was **** on the shower floors, shower curtain etc. 5 weeks I lived like that. That smell could outlast religion. We had an office outside with an A/C that didn't work, and the trash was piled up outside the ventilation fan. 3m of trash due to travelling for so long with 110 guys living in a confined space. The flies and smell were unbearable.

Other than that, if it's not sitting on a floating tin bucket during a cyclone, or travelling to places like East Timor where gangs and violence rule. Sure, you might be saying that at least I have a job, and it pays good money. But i know alot of people who wouldn't go to the places, and do half the **** myself, and my colleagues do. I do this to ensure my family have a roof over their heads, and food on the table. Missing holidays, birthdays, Xmas, New Years, footy matches all come part and parcel. I haven't had a birthday on land with a beer since I was 21. I turned 18 in Saudi with no beer. It was just another day.

So stop bitching Tash, throwing hissy fits quitting the forum for attention, and go get a ladder and clean windows as was mentioned. Get a lawnmower.

4. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

Are you not surprised this useless t i t w a n k is unemployed - FFS!!!

Bart

5. JustMeMan

JustMeMan Well-Known Member

welcome back tash to be honest if i saw the mags playing sexy football like us i would run away 2

6. Apone

Apone Active Member

Good luck with the job hunting mate. Some things are far more important that football.

7. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Just done a job search through jobcentreplus for Newcastle. TBF some are skilled but many are not, reuslt says...

Jobs and Skills search
    Job search results
    There are 250 results from your search for all jobs in Newcastle upon Tyne (Tyne and Wear).
    This search is for postcode NE1 3DW with a radius of 15 miles.

250 jobs within 15 miles and thats without agencies. I know times are tough but I honestly belive there is a job out there, its how badly you want it.

8. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

You would think he said he never wants a job, the lad has just had an interview and it went well, what more do you want him to do, at least he is trying, more than a lot of young kids these days.

not sure how old you are but if this doesnt work out you could always try an apprenticeship, OK its not £300 a week, think they are about £95 but it will get you learning something and a stepping stone to something else.

9. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

It's not as simple as you may think mate. Almost every job will have far more applicants than usual at the moment, and most of them prefer people with experience in their type of work.

The only jobs I can go for realistically are admin/receptionist type roles. If there's one on the website, I've probably already applied for it.

I've been applying for hundreds of jobs mate, and rarely get a response.

10. Steven Royston O'Neill

how about agencies tash, I know when I came back to Durham, second divorce I got work within a week through an agency, I know times have changed mind. Prime Time fixed me up.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Join up?

12. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

Already signed up with 2, they've been about as much help as cat flap in an Elephant house.

I've rang them several times and all they say is "we'll get back to you with some job opportunities".

Addecco is the worst. They're dreadful.

13. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Maybe they are all just a bunch of fat ****es as well?

14. BDU 76

BDU 76 New Member

Polish bird down the pub, been in the UK 2 weeks she's got herself a job 1st week here , Ok its only in one of them £1 stores, but she happy to be earning enough to send money home.

15. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

She could send a bit more if she kept out the pub.

Just joking.

LOL.

16. BDU 76

BDU 76 New Member

Dont think she needed to buy her own drinks lol

17. Billy Death

Billy Death Guest

Ah, the locals doing their bit for Anglo/Polish relations then?

18. BDU 76

BDU 76 New Member

They were trying hard too

19. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

If you are actually reading what people are telling you, you need to broaden your horizons away from the comfort zone of admin and reception..If needs be, look at going into training to give you the skills that employers are looking for, and in the short term go for any unskilled job going...

20. Steven Royston O'Neill

do you drive tash