1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

York 1-1 argyle.

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Reading reports and listening to GoS report as well.....Luke McCormick seems to be No1 candidate for man of the match.

That tells you that we weren't the dominant team... and York below us in the League as well ?

Luke made at least two goal bound saves to keep it 0-0 at half time.

The stats up to 60mins of play showed that York were dominating the match and looking good value for a 1-0 win.

Encouraging that Argyle came on strong towards the latter part of the match and nearly snatching a win near fulltime.

Sheridan must of been pleased that Obadeyi managed to bundle the ball in the net for the equalizer and his first goal on loan.

One wonders if any of the regular strikers would have been as productive.

The only worry with draws is that a season of them would probably get you relegated........but five unbeaten games (4 League...1 Cup) is encouraging and in conjunction with our tight defence....(only one goal against).... during that same period things look to be pointing in the right direction.

We will see this coming week who the loanee strikers might be that Sheridan has been hinting at ....one on international duty and one finishing a loan spell.....Sheridan reckons either would do.

Goals are definately on famine rations for PAFC this seasons.....as it has been in recent seasons as well.

At present we are depending on a Bury reserve to bolster our attacking options....it's got to get better than that surely ?

Two Cup wins against Middle of the table Conference Premier teams are surely not beyond us.......with the hope of a biggy home or away draw to please the Bank manager.

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Yea Plym i listened to the game wishing i was still asleep..when they went behind i went back to bed..surprised to see a draw later on..
    Me of little faith..

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we are all being a bit unfair on Argyle in retrospect. Look at this league and some of the results so far. Bizaar to say the least with teams losing at home against opposition you would normally expect them to murder given league positions. The top club is hardly running off with the title. This is probably the tightest league in football this time around and I think the gap points wise between top and bottom will be comparatively small to other seasons unless the wheels totally come off somebody. We lack scoring goals that is true but we aren't losing games all over the place and 3 points and the right results would see us up to 13th next time around. The football performances are crap but then again the whole of this league is crap so Argyle aren't on their own there as some would have you believe. A bit of faith ladies and gentlemen.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Would have taken a draw even before kickoff.....but agree we need to put in much stronger performances. Think tomorrow's cup replay will give a real indication so lets have a few Tope and show us what people say you are!

5. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Would have taken a draw even before kickoff.....but agree we need to put in much stronger performances. Think tomorrow's cup replay will give a real indication so lets have a few Tope and show us what people say you are!