1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Team Changes For Blackburn Game

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spudulike, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

First off, Happy St. George's Day everyone.

I think the majority of us all can agree that many players are presently under performing. Some due to tiredness, some due to lack of spirit, some lack of skill and some... who knows? Given the fact that we desperately need to start using our squad more wisely and some changes need to be made to give Blackburn something new to contend with come this weekend, who would you bring into the starting line up if you had the choice (bearing in mind present injuries/suspensions etc)?

Here's my first 11 just for starters. Feel free to shoot me down in flames...

Friedel
    Walker | Nelsen | King | Rose
    Giovani | Modric | Parker | Bale
    Van Der Vaart
    Adebayor

Subs: Cudicini, Livermore, Lennon, Saha or Defoe, Sandro

I'm assuming Adebayor will be fit by the weekend but I may be wrong. Same goes for Nelson. I just can't take another minute of Gallas in a Spurs shirt. Gio deserves a shot. He looked lively in his few minutes against QPR and could be hungry to impress (Harry or a new club in the summer). We need something different going forward and he may be it. Benoit he held down the left-back position all season and looks leggy and disinterested (although he always does as that's his manner). Rose would give us some much needed energy to cover for two slow centre backs and help out Walker in that department.

Something has to change to give us a spark... will Harry do the same? I doubt it.

2. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Depends which players are being frozen out for being part of Adebayor's alleged team meeting...

3. Spudulike

Didn't hear about that. Explain?

4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

i agree totally with Gio...some fans will probably use the old adage of him being lazy etc etc..but we are beyond that point now and the team need a kick up the arse....i despise Harry's love in with individuals......Gio is no Tevez but City know what is good for the bigger cause and recalled Tevez who had behaved 20 times worse than Gio ever has..and how right they were and would have won the league...if only they recalled him a month or two earlier.

i know BAE has been poor and i agree with that selection also..but if i could id have BAE left back and Rose on the wing..im sorry to say this but Bale needs a few wake up calls and needs to be benched...however i know BAE is totally burnt out.

the rest id go with..

5. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

he allegedly arranged a team meeting to discuss our dismal run.....just like the one Ledley organised with Bale a week previous..but as Croydon suggests it seemed like HR was not happy about this.

6. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/139466-Conspiracy-Theory

It's in this thread

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

cheers HD yeah i followed that..doesnt really go into much depth.but possibly Kaboul was with Ade..if all this is true...quite frankly i dont blame the lads...best info is given by Croydon on this..hope it helps Flaspur.

8. Spudulike

Surely if players are getting together to rally the troops, that shows professional pride and loyalty to the club? If Harry isn't happy about it, then FFS... he really is a stupid as he sounds most of the time. Seems to me he has lost the dressing room due to his own stupid fat gob and the players are trying to get through the last few games to try to salvage something for next season and the next manager, assuming they will still be there.

9. C.CalderwoodDivingHeader

It's an odd one. Usually, at this stage of the season we'd be demanding our best XI play. However, our 'best XI' have been responsible for our dismal run of form of late, whether through lack of energy or confidence, and something needs to change. Dos santos has never really performed for us when called upon (ok, he hasn't had much of a run) and his attitude (according to redknapp) is very questionable. Unfortunately, had players like Rose, Kranjcar etc. been suitably rotated throughout the season we wouldn't be in this 'burn out' situation and we would not be worrying about having to drop the likes of Lennon for an untried Mexican who probably wants to leave.

We rested plenty of players for the Europa League and Carling Cup. However, we have a 25 man PREMIER LEAGUE squad for a reason and I think we all accept it hasn't been sufficiently used. Yes, it would be nice to see a few fresh faces and a bit of a shuffle but let's face it, it's very unlikely to happen

10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

couldnt agree more,if this is true it shows all of that and im impressed with Ade who doesnt have to give a damn as it is likely he will be gone in 4 matches..which makes me think this could be very true as he could have thought that he doesnt care what Harry thinks and is going to express his opinions...or it could mean that yes he still wants to stay and knows Harry is going so sod Harry as Ade wants to galvanise his team and friends to restore some pride...everything is speculation of course but it beats the doom and gloom of late as it pleases me to see that some of the lads are hurting just like us.

11. Spudulike

I think Harry is the last person to have any right to question someone's attitude right now! Gio deserves a shot... we need some fresh energy in that team and I can't see any other option than Gio on the right to give the Blackburn full-backs a real problem and hopefully, just hopefully some service into the box... finally!

12. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I MUST....

please log in to view this image

13. O.Spurcat

O.Spurcat Well-Known Member

Just to put the record straight, the team meeting organised by Ledley King, which was referred to in an earlier post, never actually took place.

<ok>

14. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

nice thread Flaspur <ok>

I think I agree with pretty much all of that. although, I think I'd still choose Gallas over King. (never thought I'd say that). They've both been awful recently, but Ledley just looks finished. :(

Rose and Gio are a great idea and something well worth us going trying out. Pacey, skillful and fresh. Benny needs a rest, he's been struggling the last few games.

To be honest, I don't think we'll see a line up much different to your suggestion.... But only because Harry hasn't got a choice!!! <laugh>

15. C.CalderwoodDivingHeader

I agree. But we've seen what Redknapp thinks (or at least tells us he thinks). As far as he's concerned the last 10 weeks or so has just been bad luck and a lot of "those days"; nothing to do with attitude or lack of direction from the management.

I really do believe we will beat Blackburn, although I've said that about a few teams over this dismal run of games....

16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Fair play Spurcat since you have a foot behind closed doors...however you might be part of the Emperor's plans and just doing what all the staff at the club will do and keeping it behind closed doors <laugh>

may the 4th be with us <ok>

please log in to view this image

17. Blackboots

Blackboots Member

What about the supposed Ade and Kaboul one ?

18. Spursguru

Spursguru Active Member

We've really missed being able to utilise all our CB;s at this stage of the season. Dawson and Kaboul being unfit is hurting us, add to that Niko & Thud who were vital in 2010.

I wouldn't change the team massively, just this:

---------------Friedel--------------
    Walker-----Nelson--King---Rose

Lennon--Livermore-Parker---Gio

-----------------VDV--------------

------------------Ade--------------

Subs - Saha, Modders and Bale to have an impact later on

Oh and for Harry to admit he's a big fat mug, and that he takes the blame for our loss of form.

19. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Friedel
    Walker Gallas Kaboul Benny
    Lennon Parker Modric Bale
    VDV
    Ade

Friedel is to be forced to wear a baseball cap whether it's sunny or not. Bale is to be tethered to the left wing, if necessary a hare puppet can be acquired from a dog track to keep him interested. Ade is to spend the entire game standing in an offside position on the edge of the box waiting for Lennon and Bale to knock it past the last defenders and then square it for him to tap in. If we aren't winning with 10 minutes to go(which is quite likely) Khumalo is to replace Gallas and be sent on upfront much like Huth under Mourinho.

Problems solved I think you'll agree :)

20. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Now you've said, its rather obvious.