1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your Team Changes For Blackburn Game

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Spudulike, Apr 23, 2012.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Benny, maybe?

2. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Benny would take a good corner (from the right). From the left Modric and Parker should organise between them.

3. humanbeingincroydon

Not Modric, as his corners are below par.

Is this another one of those times we bemoan the loss of Hudds this season? He can send a long pass 30-40 yards to the feet of our striker, and has sent free kicks onto the head of our strikers from our own half, so he would be a decent bet to take corners.

4. 99 not out

99 not out New Member

Friedel
    Walker 2 out of Gallas/Nelson/King Rose
    Sandro Livermore
    Lennon VDV Bale (Stay on your wing!!)
    Ade

Certain players all just need a rest I think and the team just needs freshening up as they have got into a habit of losing.
    If Bale still doesn't do anything, bring Gio on.

5. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Bale is a good header of the ball but I would prefer he took corners as he is capable of whipping the ball in with real pace, plus he used to take free kicks for wales and Southampton and showed some great dead ball potential so im unsure as to why he has given up on set peices.

Benny would annoy me taking corners as he would just float the ball into the box, with his cool laid back style and the defenders would just out muscle out players.

6. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Hasn't been working all season? No, it HAS been working for most of the season!

7. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Vim is right..it was working whilst we were flying high in 3rd....this is why i believe it is not ability...their heads have gone....and i can only blame the man in charge for that im afraid.

lets take Modric...from the centre of the park he can feed our wingers...ping a few passes...yet his shooting and corners are atrocious...two things where the pressure is on you.

8. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

has been working all season? Dona, are you and Vim suggesting corners HAVE been working all season?

If this is the case, I have to disagree and go with PNP and HBIC. - we've had absolutely no threat from corners all season and the delivery on most occasions, has been woeful. - same applies to direct and indirect freekicks. - no threat whatsoever. just an absolute mess and a waste each time.

Benny sounds like a good shout. He's got a fantastic cross field pass and we all know what his accuracy can be like when he shoots. (although very rare).

If i've misunderstood here, apologies.

9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

no not corners Roo..our corners have been dreadful for years...as have our dead ball situations in general...i meant that our general play was working...our corners were just as bad but we were doing the job on the pitch...we didnt miss the corners because we were playing teams off the park..the slump has just brought our discreet issues out into the open.

i misunderstood when PNP said 'we need to try something new'...but having read your post i figure that PNP was reffering just to corners...Vim they are right lol...they have always been dreadful corners!

10. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Yes, agreed, corners not good! Let Benny take them I say.

11. humanbeingincroydon

Come to think of it, has Hudds ever been our corner taker? If not, he probably should get a run of games taking them...but he'd need a run of games in the team to do that.

12. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just to clarify, I was talking about our set-pieces.

13. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

this conversation is a mess! <laugh>

na, i get what everyone saying now!

HBIC, agreed again, and tom will probably be a better corner taker than benny. But even when fit, I don't see him playing that regularly for us. There's a lot of competition in our midfield, which could only get worse if we sign new players in the summer.

14. Ghoddle10

Ghoddle10 Active Member

Friedel Walker Kaboul Nelsen/Gallas Rose Livermore Parker Modric Bale Ade VDV for me.