1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your top three moments as a Canary supporter

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by ncfcwonky, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ncfcwonky

ncfcwonky New Member

This will probably become a dead in the pan thread but oh well!

Now this is an odd one. We all know what it's like to be a supporter so I want to know your top three moments as a supporter of Norwich City. Not necessarily the best moments on the pitch but when you have felt complete ecstasy as being a supporter of your team. Something that has made you cheer the loudest or feel overwhelmed with emotion. Something you will never forget. It's hard to explain but hopefully my top three will help explain what I mean.

3. Dean Ashton's third goal against Southampton. Niemi, the Southampton 'keeper was on top form that night, yet Ashton scored three great goals past him. I remember being in the Ability counts corner as I had nearly broken my leg yet I was on crutches and I could barely see anything as the elctricity was broken meaning the screen in front of me was fogged up. I had had a pretty miserable couple of weeks but to (almost) see Ashton's hattrick nearly made me lose my breath!

2. Discovering we had beaten Ipswich 5-1. I couldn't watch the game and I had gone on a night out with a few friends of mine. I will never forget checking my phone to read Ipswich 1-5 Norwich. None of my friends I was out with that night really cared about football so they couldn't understand my glee that night. I had a lot to drink but I will never forget that night!

1. THAT goal. I have been a season ticket holder for 7 and a bit seasons now but I will never forget the noise of Carrow Road when Jackson scored his third goal to put us in the driving seat for promotion back to the Premier League. It was unbelievable! I was in the N and P so I couldn't really see what was going on. I remember Ruddy sprinting all the way up the pitch to jump on the pile of his teammates crushing Jackson. It was definitely a moment I will cherish and never forget as a Norwich supporter.

Would love to hear the top three moments of the rest of you guys. Whether it was at Carrow Road or in your own home. Odd thread I know but please add your best moments.

Please note I may be slightly pissed. <cheers>

2. ncfcpaul

ncfcpaul Member

No1 the milk cup not only the final but the semi good times outside the woolpack<whistle>
    No2 getting promotion at shef wed with about 12 thousand others even though we lost
    No3 the double over 1pswi5h classic

3. #BigHairyWinger

1. The 'MacDouble' (I still have the tshirt)...
    2. Hearing Delia had given us a late Christmas present in the form of a mohicaned Huckerby
    3. The first time I won money from a bet - Pilkington to score first and Norwich to win against Bolton. That happened, and I proceeded to lose my sobriety.

4. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

The milk cup victory vs Mackems

Nor 1 col u 7 in a perverse way - kick off the renaissance

Double of Ipswich in 2010/2011

5. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

1, Bayern 1 - 2 Norwich

2, Norwich 1 - 0 Sunderland Milk Cup

3, Jackson's goal at Pompey to confirm our promotion!

6. Exile

Exile Member

1, Mark Robins against Arsenal. I wasn't there, but I don't half wish I had been. Instead I had to content myself with the company of Roy Waller for one of the best comebacks I've known from City. Opening game of the season & by halftime, all the pre season optimism had drained out of me. Things were not going well & it seemed we could be in for a very long season. Enter Robins. He wasn't the only factor in that second half of course, but his debut not only began the start of a terrific comeback, it also heralded the begining of a special season.

2, Matt Svenson against Blackburn in 2004. I suspect that not only will I be the only one to pick this, I may be the only one who remembers the goal! The simple reason for this choice is that it was the first Premier league goal I'd seen City score since our mid nineties relegation. As it went in, all the pain and dissapointment of those long Div 1/Championship seasons faded away. I'm not ashamed to say I welled up.

3, Portsmouth away. You all know why already. All teams celebrate going up, but we had a double reason to celebrate. We knew how close we'd come to the abyss just 18 months or so before & we now knew the club would be financially safe. Promotion to the Prem was fantastic, but knowing the Club was safe was twenty times better.

7. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Hmm toughy for me but, im going for...

3. Iwan scoring at Cardiff, still makes the hairs stand up everytime i remember that moment, shame we went on to lose :(

2. Completely and utterly giving the s**m an absalute pasting <ok> Got banished to the bedroom by the missus as she was fed up with me going nuts everytime we scored and that was at 3-0, i went even more ballistic when i was in my own little world in the other room <laugh>

1. Being present at fratton park for the finist moment in a long long time as a Norwich supporter!

8. #BigHairyWinger

Can i swap Huckerby for SAFRI V NEWCASTLE please...

9. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

1) Man Utd 1 City 2 FA Cup Feb 1967 - City victory against Utd team with Best, Law, Charlton etc, my first memory of football ecstasy

2) Bayern 1 City 2 - wow, just wow

3) City 1 Mackems 0 in the Milk Cup

Many, so many more, tough to narrow it down

10. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Remember it well, the Leppings Lane end totally packed out with a sea of Yellow & Green and some Wednesday fans (Wednesday having blown promotion themselves) came running up to that end to pick a fight <laugh>

11. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

1 - Milk Cup final, wonderful day and brilliant atmosphere mixed in with Sunderland fans <ok>
    2 - Norwich City 3-0 Vitesse Arnheim - Our European debut game and we blew them away :grin:

[video=youtube;VJ8a9gI_k_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ8a9gI_k_4[/video]

3 - Not a game but a whole bunch of them - 92/93 season, for the first time I managed to attend every home and away game in the season!

12. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

As moments go...

1. Injury time during Norwich's best ever comeback against Middlesboro. 1-4 down with 10 mins to go and Drury grabbing the last gasp equaliser!
    2. Bayern!
    3. Scoring the late winner 1-0 over Sheff Weds in 92/93 to put clear air between us and Man Utd at the top!

13. NORWICHFANNOTON606

Holt - goal 1,2 and 3 vs Ipswich....?

:p

14. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

**** it, I'm young, so...

Norwich 9-2 Ipswich
    Simeon jacksons goal
    promotion to premier league

But its weird how the older victories fade as biggers ones come in. Middlesborough 4-4, Manu 2-0, promotion from first division. All great memories and great victories but the last couple of seasons have kind of blitzkrieged it a bit. Kind of a unique situation.

15. Graham Paddon Football Genius

1. Milk Cup final - being taken by my sister not my dad (he had a heart attack the week before) and her insistence we enjoy the day, still have the Sunderland scarf I swapped for my scarf that day.

2. May 95 when lost to Leeds an was relegated - in a pub in Southampton playing pool with friends listening to the radio getting drunk and curling up in a corner after we lost, and being consoled by my future girlfriend (within hours).

3. That Jackson goal against derby, purely for the changing emotion from resignation to ecstasy in a split second.

16. Exile

Exile Member

After posting last night, thought I'd have a look to see if the Arsenal game was on youtube.
    [video=youtube;ZZG3-gh3UHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZG3-gh3UHs[/video]

Great comeback (in my opinion better than that extraordinary Middlesbrough game), great side, great memories.

17. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

for me...

3rd - a tie between Steve Bruce's winner v Ipswich in the 1985 Milk Cup semi and Chris Sutton's winner v Southampton in the FA cup Quarter final replay in 1991-2 season.
    2nd - Jerry Goss' goal v Beyern. I was at the other end of the ground and there was (what felt like) a good few seconds of silent disbelief from the Norwich fans before the celebration began
    1st - Jacko's 3rd v Derby. What a moment.

18. Bushby Canary

Bushby Canary Member

Greta question and bloody difficult to answer..............
    3. Winning the Milk Cup vs Sunderland
    2. Comin back from 1-4 against Boro with 5 mins + injury time to go
    1. Bayern!

19. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Do you know what? Having read through all of the above, I think it's so difficult to rank them that they should all be designated equal status!

They're all bloody brilliant and all equal first!

<cheers>

20. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

First: 24 April 1972 Brisbane Road. Leyton Orient 1 NCFC 2, promoted to the 1st Division for the first time.
    Second: 24 March 1985 Wembley. NCFC 1 Sunderland 0. Our one and only Wembley win.
    Third: 12 August 1972 NCFC 1 Everton 1. Our first game in the top flight.