1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Your top three moments as a Canary supporter

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by ncfcwonky, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

anyway, i'm off out - the guinness is calling me! :emoticon-0128-hi:

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

As Oscar Wilde said this arguement is like 2 bald men fighting over a comb! The club honours is the only thing to go by and ours is considerably longer and more prestigious than yours! <ok> We can trade statistics all night long but Ipswich is one of the very few English clubs to have won major domestic and European honours and the only club to have supplied the 2 greatest ever English managers. The only English club to remain undefeated at Home in European competition stretching n ow to 48 games. You can pick the bones out of it any way you like but your club will never be as successful as ours and you will never witness your team winning what we have. Harsh but true!

3. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

You're almost certainly right JWM and I dont know how old you are, but unless you are over 40 it is unlikely you remember any of these things from your club. To every Ipswich Town fan under 35-40 the trophies won are just stats on a piece of paper. For those that weren't there it is little comfort when watching season upon season of crap in a half empty stadium. For those of you that are old enough to remember surely it is even worse?

4. johnnywarksmoustache

I make no bones about admitting the last 10 years have been complete garbage apart from a couple of good seasons with Royle we have been stuck in a rut! Not good enough to go up and not bad enough to go down! I feel sorry for my sons' and indeed any Town supporter under the age of 35 but there is always hope. I have seen all the highs and no one can take those away from me. My first trips abroad watching the Town, my first trip to Wembley and so many other great times. They will come again one day <ok>

5. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

But then there's some of us who were in Amsterdam on that never to be forgotten night to watch us lift the UEFA Cup, but enough of the history, back to the present...

Good to see that Arch-WUM/Troll Whole_Lot_Of_Holt back, active, and posting on your board again! <ok>

<laugh>

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

JWM, you say those times will come again for your team, but tell Supers that it will never happen for Norwich!

Can you please justify that!

7. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

They may come again one day, but as you said earlier, unlikely in our lifetime....

I know you have the history. Ipswich are a little like Forest in that you kind of got a little lucky. At a time when smaller clubs could succeed with the right set-up Ipswich found it under Sir Bobby. For Forest, it was Cloughy. Both fantastic managers. Norwich had a similar situation where a decent Manager came in just as a Good group of players matured. We got as high as 3rd in the prem and had our own (much smaller admittedly) european adventure. Unfortunately for us it was a few years too late. Money was already becoming the be all end all in football. Not nearly as badly as now, but enough that it was the 'big' clubs who ruled.

I have also been and watched my club abroad, I have been to Wembley with Norwich. 20 or 30 years later it makes no difference what the competition was, I would imagine my memories to be very similar to yours with respect to the pride and joy involved.

Ultimately, all they are now is memories. I bet I am looking forward to next season more than you! :)

8. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

Of course he can't justify that, just like he can't justify his club - with all its past glories - not paying the St John's Ambulance all the money they owed them.<ok>

Shame.

9. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

Bearing in mind that I am in my 30's and my team is in the prem, JWM has been watching town for 40 years and so must be pushing 50 and his team are in the Championship showing no signs of promotion, there is a damn sight more chance of me seeing Norwich win major honours than there is of him seeing Ipswich do likewise!!

10. johnnywarksmoustache

<laugh>

Yeah we got lucky with 2 different managers! <ok>

The 2 greatest managers we had left for the England national job. No Town manager since 1968 has left us for another club team. How many managers in that period have left Norwich for bigger and better things? Ron Saunders, John Bond, Mike Walker and now Paul Lambert! <laugh>

11. johnnywarksmoustache

I have seen us win major honours you plank...! <laugh> I am not saying that we will win them again but what I am saying is that you lot never will!

12. canary-dave

And there we have a typical JWM tactic! He's losing the battle so he moves the goalposts!

<doh>

13. johnnywarksmoustache

You must be on the malt early tonight! <cheers>

14. canary-dave

OK, just explain to me what the hell managers leaving to go to another club has got to do with the original argument?

15. johnnywarksmoustache

Norwich has always been seen as a stepping stone club where a virtual non-entity is appointed and if he turns out to be half decent he is poached by a bigger club! If Norwich is such an attractive place to stay then why has Lambert ****ed off to a club that finished below you in the league? Why did Saunders, Bond, Walker all leave when they were doing well? The truth is that like us you lot are nothing special. The only difference is that we have achieved far more in the game then you ever will. You missed the boat years ago when all these managers ****ed off once they had achieved something with you. Long gone are the days when clubs of our size stood any chance of challenging for the major honours. You bottled the chance of winning a major trophy years ago.

16. canary-dave

JWM - nobdy is disputing your assessment of our managers but, watch my lips, WHAT THE **** HAS THAT TO DO WITH THE ORIGINAL ARGUMENT?

17. johnnywarksmoustache

****ing Hell Dave!

In my opinion you will not win any major trophies because you are not a big club and you will never be able to compete for the better players! The evidence based on your managerial record is consistent with this assessment! Any manager that enjoys any kind of success with your lot soon ****s off when there is a better offer. The days of clubs of our size winning anything are long gone. I don't know how I can be any clearer!

18. Carra_Rud

Carra_Rud Active Member

The SHAME.<ok>

19. canary-dave

But you said YOUR day will come again! There's the lack of consistency!

20. johnnywarksmoustache

Our day will come again when we are in the top flight! I really don't see what your problem is!