1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth Cup Quarter Final

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Swarbs, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Kudos to James on the Liverpool board for reminding me about this.

Utd vs Livepool at Anfield in the FA Youth Cup quarter finals today.

Morrison, Pogba, Cole, Tunnicliffe, Lingard et al try to follow in the footsteps of the other Fledglings. Live commentary (albeit with a 'pool bias) is here:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...field-from-11-45am-on-sunday-100252-28321751/

Game kicked off half an hour ago but seems pretty even so far and still 0-0.

Anyone know anywhere streaming it?

Edit: Streaming here:

http://www.vipstand.me/watch/23892/1/-liverpool-res-vs-manchester-united-res.html

'pool have just taken the lead.

2. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

For anyone interested:

Liverpool 2 - 3 United

Goals:
    United
    Cole (pen)
    Morrison x2

Liverpool
    Morgan x2

Sent off:
    United
    Pogba
    Blackett

Liverpool
    Sama
    Cody

4. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

4 players sent off <laugh>

5. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Only 4 - two from each side. Pogba's was the worst. Tunnacliffe won a penalty, which got Sama sent off for Liverpool. Pogba went to take the penalty and tried to feint it like Ronaldo, but cos he feinted when taking the shot he got booked for unsporting conduct. He then threw a fit at the ref, and got a second yellow card 30 seconds afterr the first. Stupid Frenchie. Fortunately Cole stepped up and buried the penalty and then assisted both of Morrison's goals.

Colle, Morrison and Tunnacliffe all had great games, Cole in particular looks very good for the future. But Pogba's got to learn to control himself better if he's gonna justify all the hassle we went through to get him.

6. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Swarbs apart from his stupidity in getting sent off, how did Pogba play?

7. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not bad, but not as well as he can. Made some good touches and one twos and broke up some Liverpool attacks pretty well, but didn't show much understanding with Tunnacliffe in the centre in the first half. Liverpool crowded the midfield in the first half with a 4231 formation, and defended very well as a unit, so there wasn't much space for him to dribble or show skills. But after he got sent off, Tunnacliffe pretty much ran the show when there was more space in midfield. Imo Tunnacliffe could break into the team ahead of Pogba based on his performance today.

Btw, turns out I was wrong about Pogba's sending off. He was booked in the 4th minute before I started watching, so dummying the penalty was his second yellow. I was confused by the ref taking so long to produce the red card after he dummied the penalty. I think the ref didn't realise as well at first, and had to be reminded by the Liverpool players, so maybe he wouldn't have sent him off had he realised it would be his second yellow.

8. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

How very sporting of them