1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth & Loanee Watch

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, Aug 22, 2015.

1. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They seem to most weeks really! Bristol, Rotherham and MK Dons are 3 of the bottom 5 in the championship, and Swindon are in the relegation zone too.

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

That they are only getting game time in at best struggling 2nd tier teams and not all of them 90! Bloomin eck as a defender Toffalo conceded 5 to the binners! (Not single handedly granted!) As I said to me it illustrates that they are no where close to playing for city. Yet! I should add, fingers are still crossed for them all.

Bah!

3. ColkOfTheBarclay

ColkOfTheBarclay Well-Known Member

The one player I expect to have a role for us at some point is Toffolo. Every time I've seen him he has looked very competent. He's obviously not as quick as the likes of Olsson and Brady but he knows when to get forward and covers his wing very well. I'd like to see him getting involved next season, even if just as cover for Olsson.

4. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Jacob did alright at the weekend though eh?

General Melchett likes this.
  5. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Jacob gets another goal, I'm looking forward to seeing it. It sounds like he takes the ball pretty much the full length of the pitch then rounds the 'keeper.

6. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

He's added a second too.

7. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Ten minute hat-trick!

Canary Rob likes this.
  8. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

Didn't he get 2 last week as well? Clearly on fire this move seems very good for him.

9. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

<wah> But it has been coming from the very first minute

Edit - whoops, wrong thread

10. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Great to see Jacob doing so well. He must be buzzing tonight! <applause> :1980_boogie_down:

11. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Saw the Jacob goals get announced. I said to my GF 's dad (Arsenal fan) "he's on fire at the moment. Such an exciting prospect. He'll never play a game for Norwich. Like most really good youth players.we'll let him leave on a free, get picked up by someone and sell him on for 2-3 million.

If he was an Ipswich player, he would be in the first team regular. Him and Josh, and there would be teams like Spurs, Everton, Newcastle, looking to bid 7-10 million for them. Really hope that has changed, but seems to be the way we operate.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  12. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Roundup time:

Elliott Bennett got 82 mins for Bristol City, who got a very respectable draw with Hull. Bennett made a last ditch headed clearance off the goal line to earn some plaudits.

Toffolo got 45 minutes for Rotherham as they beat Leeds. Andreu again an unused sub.

Josh played the whole game and grabbed an assist as MK Dons drew with Fulham.

Hooper played 20 mins for Wednesday, coming on in a triple substitution that won them the game. BBC only comment on a tame shot. Turner appears to still be sidelined by injury.

Into league one, and as mentioned, Jacob fired Coventry to the top of league 1, with a ten minute hat-trick.

Remi Matthews again an unused sub for Burton, as they lost to Bury.

Quite incredibly, no Norwich City player outside of the first team actually played in a defeat today!

Woking weren't in action today (Norman), Thompson and Loza are back at Colney.

Canary Rob and ncgandy like this.
  13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I was in the Coach & Horses on Thorpe Road watching Loserpool trounce Citeh and we were talking about how our youth players don't get a chance to prove their worth even to be part of the first team squad, but with us 'flirting' with the relegation slots, I'm guessing it's not even an option to give them a run out to see if they can 'cut the mustard!!!' :sad:

14. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Always the way though mate. We are either pushing for Promotion, or desperately fighting relegation. Difference is, Ipswich put trust in their players, and we don't seem to. That's why they churn out hot prospect after hot prospect, and we don't produce anything that benefits us. Tom Adeyemi was such a prospect. we got nothing, Birmingham got 1.2 Million. We did all the years of work, Birmingham had him a season. Korey Smith, good solid young player, we got nothing, Oldham had in one season, sold him for £700-800,000 to sell to Bristol City.

Happens a lot, a shame really.

JM Fan likes this.
  15. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

Jacob seems to really be benefiting from playing in a team high in confidence. He's started to look too good for that league which should be the point. I was speaking to a Coventry season ticket holder about him and he said he still looks a bit raw but when he's on form he's the best player they have.

MK Dons are having a pretty tough season. As a result Josh is having a very different experience hopefully he will come back stronger though.

JM Fan likes this.
  16. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

I was watching the football league show last night and they talked about Coventry having several players who were clearly championship standard, and they included Jacob in that.

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  17. RiverEndRick

That's often the case with the top teams of one league and the bottom teams of the league above, DH, so it could be that Jacob and Josh are playing at a similar level within their respective clubs, but the opposition teams are much tougher in the Championship than in League One.

18. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Very true RER and I wonder how they'd fare if they swapped teams?
    I always thought that Josh was slightly ahead of Jacob in ability!!

19. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

It would just be fantastic if either of the Murphy's came back from their loan spell with sufficient experience and confidence to threaten our first team squad. It just feels that they are both improving all the time (albeit against weaker opposition) and hopefully they can develop into something a bit special if only to keep Redmond on his toes a bit.

JM Fan likes this.
  20. RiverEndRick

Without all those out on loan, our U21s beat ManUtd U21s 2-0 last night. The did have help from Lafferty, who scored the first goal with a stunning volley after an excellent pass from the centre-circle from Dorrans. Loza scored the second and Whittaker and Rudd also played. Interesting comments from Halajko, our U21 coach, on how the senior players help the youngsters in these games.

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/..._first_team_chance_at_norwich_city_1_4322797?

DHCanary likes this.