1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Youth Team

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by SAM THE (NORWICH) MAN, Jan 12, 2012.

1. SAM THE (NORWICH) MAN

I have read the edps report on our youth teams game against Chelsea last night and most of ones in the past. It has got me wondering. Does any one no if any of our youth team stand out as a 'star' for the future? Is there any ones to watch? I no nothing about any of them the only thing i have seen of them is the free highlights on the ncfc web site against ipswich, where i dont no if they were really poor or we were really good!! Its been ages since we had a home grown star. Rudd seems to be a good keeper but not really had game time. The last one i remember is Rob Green.

Any thoughts?

2. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

I watched the game last night and the lads pretty similarly to the first team. They were outclassed a bit in midfield but looked to have far more up front than Chelsea. Both defences looked solid and we know Matthews has a good rep.
    We probably should have won on chances created but to be honest neither team really looked like winning.
    In answer to your question about ability etc, I would say one or two showed promise but there still didn't look to be a real star out on the pitch.

3. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

didn't go last night but went to the oldham fixture.apart from matthews in goal, mckenzie at the back is commanding, hall-johnson in midfield a real presence and loza up front is exciting. they definitely have massive potential and i think they could feature on the bench towards the end of the season if we are safe <ok>

4. Yellows

Yellows Member

I agree with Superman. Loza could be a good prospect. Has the pace and control to make the step up, I think. He lacks a little composure at times, but this will probably come with age.

5. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

...so does simeon jackson!

6. redruthyella

redruthyella Active Member

Agree the lad Loza looked able and when he beefs up even more could be a Justin Fashanu type handful but his control looked woeful.
    Hall-Johnson can go past players but I've seen players like him come and go unfortunately.
    To be fair to them, if they work hard and listen and don't get cocky they can go on and get a football career. Which club and division is up to them.

7. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Matt Ball and Josh Dawkin are supposed to be our next players coming from the academy, no?

8. SAM THE (NORWICH) MAN

What they like DM? I have only seen Dawkin come on as sub for about 10 mins last year i believe. Are they any good?

9. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Well they must be alright at least or they'd of been released along with Sam Harbri-whatshis name when their contracts ran out.

10. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

in my opinion, the current set of youngsters (aged 15-18) are the strongest group we've had since eadie, o'neill, bellamy, cureton and akinbiyi <yikes> came through the ranks in the mid 90s <ok>

11. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I used to know Sam a bit, he used to play Table Tennis in the same league as me. I think he's at Tamworth now. Nice guy though.