1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Yur 2 Turning Points This season ?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by daffy_matth10, Mar 23, 2012.

1. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

I know we've got 2 months left of the campaign to play for but what i want to know is what would be your 2 points of the season so far be ? mine would be the hammering we got at home erarlier in the seson by Man City, at that point we were playing some excellent football, it was like the treble season all over again but that defeat gave us a kick up the backside we needed at the time and i must say the players have done excellent since that dark afternoon at Old trafford. My other turning point would have to be the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge, when were 3-0 down i was thinking to myself we weren't playing badly, we dominated the first half, and Chelsea should've had Gary Cahill sent off on his home debut. When Chicharito scored to make it 3-4 that felt like a huge moment in the title race a bit like when were 2-0 down at Aston Villa last season, that goal at Stamford Bridge has kept us top of the league.

Do you agree/disagree with my choices ?

2. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Agree with both matches being an important factor in this seasons title race.

The game against City, we were abysmal and that crumbling defeat gave the players a reality check. The game against Chelsea was just incredible, 3-0 nil down and we came back to draw the match.

3. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

Yeah, to be fair that was our best chance of winning at Chelsea but i felt that was a point gained.

4. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

City game.Horrible.
    Giggs in the 90th min vs Norwich.

5. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Winning at the Emirates and WHL,in one game went 1 0 up and had chances to kill it off before they had equalised and then we all know what happend from there,and in the other game being totally outplayed but was clinical and scored 3 goals,Also having Scholesy return

6. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Newcastle game was a bigger turning point for me than the City one. Everyone expected us to give a response after losing to Blackburn but we didn't. That's when we realised we needed to put up or shut up. I think it was also that game that prompted Giggsy to give the dressing room a bollocking and SAF to get Scholes back.

Also the Giggs goal against Norwich - that was a vital moment to keep us in touch with City and keep the pressure on.

7. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

I didn't know about Giggsy give them a bollocking, its unlike him to be angry.