1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zaha's hair

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by KingEric07., Nov 4, 2013.

1. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Also see how you have excused kagawa but not Nani. yes Kagawa is not a winger but Nani is not a defensive winger. Hes an attacking winger who shouldnt be expected to offer cover constantly. No other players at the big clubs who play the same role are expected to do the same. Its also a major reason as to why kagawa looks dog****.

The fullbacks are there to defend first and foremost. If you have attack minded wingers then the cover should come from the centre midfielders allowing the wingers to join the attack. This happened just a few years ago and we were the best side in europe. I cannot understand why we dont utilise the players we have in their best rolls or at least rolls they are able to excel at.

Thankfully Januzaj seems to have been given that freedom, it makes a change anyway.

2. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

The problem is that for a while now nani even as a attacking winger has been poor. When he's on form he's class but it's simply not often enough in my opinion.

I think Valencia has been ok though and it at least showing signs of improvement

3. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Well I agree that all of our wingers have been ****, but we've also been spoilt by having some of the best wingers in the world over the last 20 years or so. Valencia hasn't been great, probably not even good, but he hasn't been bad. Nani on the other hand has been given multiple chances to prove himself over the past 2 years and has failed. Nani's defensive work is underrated because he's a flashy player, but he has done nothing positive in the attacking third. He loses the ball too much, almost always makes the wrong choice given a decision to either shoot or pass, and his crossing has been terrible. Now I agree Nani would play better in a role with less defensive duties, but he's played as a wide player in a 442 before and played extremely well, so it's not an excuse for him playing like **** because he's not playing out of position.

Personally given our options out wide I think we should stop playing with wingers and adapt to the more modern game, and let our Fullbacks be our primary providers of width. Evra has probably been our most dangerous wide player the past 2 seasons anyways.

Regarding Pogba, I understand while the fans would be upset but ultimately Pogba made the smart choice regarding his career. He's now playing first team football for a top top club and making more money than he was before. He would have stayed had we offered him more money, but we weren't willing to so he left for free. I'd hardly say he "****ed" us. Juventus openly stated that if a substantial offer came in for one of their players they wouldn't be able to turn it down due to financial reasons. We have 1 CM worthy of being a starter, everyone is else is just a squad player. I'll give Fellaini time to adapt, but he's not done much to prove he can step up thus far.

4. Sweats

Sweats Fat lives matter
    Forum Moderator

Weird you've mentioned pogba. A lad me an ruff know on FB a match goer was saying the same thing last week.

I wouldn't mind us buying him back. Though I don't think he wanted to stay as I think he was offered a decent contract.

5. UnitedinRed

Nani hardly kicked a ball last season. He was either injured or Young and Valencia remained in the team terrible performance after terrible performance. oung eventually got dropped completely ( for diving ) but Valencia remains in the side no matter how bad he is and hes been awful for a good 18 months or so now. He offers nothing going forwards at all. Not a thing. His goal the other day will be his only goal of the season, he'll probably have another 4 or 5 shots all season long. Its pathetic for a winger who should be one of our biggest attacking threats.

Nani started 7 games last season. Hardly chance after chance is it? The season before he did pretty well, created or scored a goal every 2 games. I would call that taking his chance. Wouldnt you?

I want goals and assists from our wingers. Thats what i thought wingers were meant to do. Seems Ive been mistaken all these years and they are actually meant to provide defensive cover.

As for Pogba, he indicated he would be staying right up until the last minute then left. Fergie had even started to slowly bed him in. Not as fast as Pogba liked but still, he was getting opportunities.

6. UnitedinRed

Its almost as if hes not allowed to attack. Like before kick off the wingers are given a quota, 3 defensive tackles/interceptions and you can go forward into the final third.

I also think our poor CM doesnt help the wingers. The CM should be providing the defensive cover but it lacks both the stamina and ability to do so. Carricks not so bad at it but hes very static, he needs a mobile partner to do the leg work and we dont have such a player whos sufficiently good enough. kagawa would give us a midfield 3 allowing 2 to work together deeper but that means dropping Rooney, who has been our best player so far.

I mean lets not forget, it wasnt so long ago that both Nani and Valencia were our best players and the 2 best wingers around. Whats changed, why have both become so ****ing ****?

7. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

From my understanding he was asking for wages similar to a regular first team player would get, and I don't think the club was willing to pay that much for an 18 year old who had maybe 3-4 sub appearances in the league at that point. I think if Juventus were willing to sell, and we were willing to cough up the money he'd be willing to come back. Not that it matters come the end of next summer we'll have signed another forward and a bunch of young prospects we'll never see or here from again.

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He was offered a decent contract at United too, it's just as mano said, he wanted way more than that so ran his contract down and buggered off.
    Sadly there aren't many players of his ilk around otherwise I'd say **** him.

You must remember when United took him to England they also housed his whole family to be with him and he didn't really show much gratitude for that.
    Yes, he's playing first team football for a quality side and being paid well but that sort of thing still grates with me.
    I'd hate for us to go chasing the ****er but like I said, players like him are few and far between.

He would cost a bomb too.

9. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

She's definitely bangable <ok>

10. Carrick_16

Carrick_16 Banned

11. EatMyHole

EatMyHole Member

12. Jürgenmeiʃter

Jürgenmeiʃter Top top top top top flirt

FFS you bummer <doh>