1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zhirkov to leave and Sturridge to be loaned?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by TheEssExpress, Jul 18, 2011.

1. TheEssExpress

TheEssExpress Member

http://www.football365.com/premier-league/7045683/?

Zhirkov is obviously surplus to requirements and hopefully we can recoup a decent amount of the money we spent on him.

Sturridge for me should be given a chance in the first team this season and I would be dismayed to see him loaned out. AVB has said he will decide this week if he will be loaned.

2. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

Shame about Yuri...not enough first team opps for him at all...another knee jerk signing under utilised.

Sturridge is someone I have high hopes for this season after his spell at the Reebok...a couple of my mates have season tickets there and said he was absolutely class, on and off the ball.

3. TheEssExpress

TheEssExpress Member

I'm hoping that we can build a new spine for the team in the next few years with Courtois, Chalobah, McEachrean and Sturridge replacing the old guard. Cech has probably still got ten years left so he should be around for quite some time and Chalobah is only 16 so it may be a fair few seasons before they all have the chance to play together. If we can get Bertrand playing regularly at right back it could be a bright future not only for Chelsea but England too.

4. housemancooke

housemancooke New Member

Oddly enough, i would have agreed with you about Zhirkov before the Portsmouth game, but I thought he looked really sharp!

5. dubzie

dubzie New Member

I agree - he looked sharp. I also think a new manager will perhaps put his mind on making the team. AVB said he will be studying the squad and if Yuri performs then why wouldn't he get into the team? I'd like him to stay at least until January to see what he can really do.