1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zlatan confirmed

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by fruscianterox, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Similarly Sheringham with Giggs, Solskjaer and Cole and Larsson with Ronaldo and Rooney.

As with those three, and Drogba for that matter, Zlatan's impact will be measured by much more than just looking at the goals he scores.

2. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Zlatan medical update ........

Zlatan believes all of the medical staff to be in fine health. More to follow.

luvgonzo, Skylarker and cytrax like this.
  3. glazerfodder

4. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

He's probably an even bigger twat than Ronaldo.

I hope he fails miserably. That's not purely due to my love for all things Utd either.

luvgonzo likes this.
  5. fruscianterox

fruscianterox Member

In the few photos and videos he has done so far he looks chuffed to be here and his smile at the end of each shows he's going to be one mischievous bastard.

<devil>
    <party>

glazerfodder likes this.
  6. glazerfodder

Nice one ....

35DBAACF00000578-0-image-a-34_1467383922405.jpg

Treble likes this.
  7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I've read some calling this a gamble by United. But I fail to understand the logic in that argument. He is coming on free transfer, thus all we need to worry about is his salary. Where exactly is the gamble here? If he fails, there is absolutely no transfer fee. But given his record throughout his career, it is clear that this guy is a born winner regardless of where is goes. Further, we would be getting massive marketing through his name. Where is the gamble again?

glazerfodder likes this.
  8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I think you'll find United sell shirts without his name. His signing will make no difference whatsoever.

Bar they will sell a few extra letters here and there if he has Ibrahimovic on the back.

9. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

good short term success .. i have doubts though if he can fit to PL given his age

10. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Well the England team has the first and second highest scorers in the PL in the squad, and I don't see Zlatan at 34 getting that many goals.

His stock has stayed high because he plays in an easy league week in week out, but in a proper league his age will be exposed.

It would be nice to buy into the hype train, that is occurring, but I'm a realist. 34 year olds do not lead the line for top Premier League sides. I can't think of any 34 year old that has got more than 15 PL goals in a season. Actually you'd probably be hard stretched to find one who has scored even 10.

Playing centre forward is a young mans job especially in English football. Henry came back a shadow of his former self at a similar age, Alan Shearer was retired, RVN was struggling at Malaga. So anyone thinking Ibrahimovich, who isn't as good as any of those 3 is gonna be a reliable goal machine at that age seriously wants there head testing.

Your all on cloud cuckoo land if you think Ibrahimovich is gonna be a big success, even if it is for only a season.

Seriously guys look at the facts and get a grip. Ibrahimovich will have a negative effect on the team, and his massive ego to be top dog will have a negative effect on the likes of Rashford and Martial who will be forced to play 2nd fiddle to him. When they really shouldn't be.

Don't say I didn't tell you all though, give it a few months, and you'll all be agreeing with me. Mark my words.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Really happy to see Jose say this about Zlatan, it seems to show he intends sticking with the young lads.........

Jose Mourinho said:
    "Zlatan needs no introduction. The statistics speak for themselves. Ibra is one of the best strikers in the world and a player who always gives 100 per cent. He has won the most important league championships in the world of football, now he has the opportunity to play in the best league in the world and I know he will grasp this opportunity and will work hard to help the team win titles. I am certain that his talent will delight fans at Old Trafford next season and that his experience will be invaluable in helping to develop the younger players in the squad."

12. King Shergar

A load of old bollocks that. Young players don't learn from top players, they learn from top coaches.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Pretty sure they learn something from watching other players movement and decision making, yes they learn tactics and positional play from coaches but once the game starts a lot of that is minimal to the actual flow of the game and players have to use their own brain and knowledge.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

Yeah, ok.

15. King Shergar

A top coach is 10 times more valuable than a top player, when it comes to developing young talent.

How many top players have failed as coaches? it is a completely different skill set required. Managing/coaching are at the complete other end of the spectrum to playing. It's about time people realised that.

16. King Shergar

You have no clue as per usual. Coaches are way more important than players when it comes to developing players.

Jose Mourinho was an average player, but would you take his advice on how to defend or would you take a top defenders?

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Oh **** off.

Are you seriously telling me young players don't learn from senior, better players you dick?

You think the Cantona scenario when he came Old Trafford was all made up, for instance?

Knobhead.

Diego likes this.
  18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

OK

19. King Shergar

image.jpeg

Chief sat behind his computer tonight swearing at everyone who dares to disagree.

I don't resort to swearing at anonymous people on the Internet. If I want to swear at someone. Il do it to someone who has the opportunity to kick my arse. Not behind the safety of my computer screen <laugh>

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Awww diddums, did the nasty man swear? <wah>

This thread now stickied as a totem for poking fun at the resident clueless prick.

Please post every time Zlatan scores. Or if bold claims such as Germany have no chance in the world cup (<laugh>) are repeated or when There is used as the only way of spelling there, their or they're.