1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Zola set for QPR job?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Mar 3, 2014.

1. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with Steve Maclaren... assuming Harry goes and he were available - neither of which are likely to happen.

One of the most important things is to have a rapport with the players - in our promotion season I particularly remember the players celebrating with Keith Curle... there was genuine warmth and respect apparent - everything that appears to be missing now, but was there earlier in the season with Maclaren on the training ground. You need players to want to play for the manager - it's no coincidence that when managers 'lose the dressing room' results go against the team.

Maclaren is prepared to invest in youth and he seems to have a good relationship with his players, evidenced by the transformation at Derby since he took over from Nigel Clough.

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

You're right of course Proudfoot, his not leaving and there's no point in him going until the end of the season. But idle speculation is man's second greatest pastime.

3. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

I would love to be able to give you names Stan but I can't.

The only managers that I know of are in the top two divisions or are out of work having beeen dismissed from clubs in those divisions. Realistically the only managers that I would want from those clubs are not available or would ever consider joining us.

I want a young manager but have no real idea who. It is to simple to say, for instance, that the man at chesterfield is doing a good job & so we should go for him. I would like our judgement to be made on more than the results from one season. However, I'm not sure we have the people at our club to look beyond "big" names or someone who has just won their division.

For me the managers at Birmingham, Coventry & MK Dons merit consideration once we have concluded this season. I'm sure there are others that I've not even heard of though that may be just as good.

4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

5. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Blimey
    7 years mate