1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harry definitely out.

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by The Mighty Thor, May 20, 2012.

1. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

Two seasons on the trot we've let CL slip because of a late bad run and who's to blame? Harry. I'll be concerned next season that it will happen with him again so I think we should now go for Bilic or even Dortmund's coach.

2. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

Harry is completely overrated. Simples.

3. The Mighty Thor

Well he saved us when we needed saving but to me he's always been limited with all his teams. We haven't won anything and we've failed badly at the last moment ie 5-1 in the FA cup semi final and the PL losing to QPR of all people.

4. random92

random92 Member

We were all kind of banking on England sorting this problem out for us, being seeing as they haven't, we'd have to buy Harry out, which is probably not cheap. His man management is top class, which is what we'll need to get this lot to keep us top 4 if we can. Chelsea are certainly going to get better, so we will have to as well

5. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

He's only got a year left, so he shouldn't be too expensive to pay-off. Although if he refuses a pay-off, is he the kind of person that will run the club into the ground just to spite us? Methinks we have a long summer ahead...

6. The Mighty Thor

I wouldn't bet on Chelsea getting better. Everybody agrees that they had huge slices of luck all season and if they lose their top players it could be a downward slip. Their luck must run out. But fair play to them tonight.

7. If he came out now and admitted that he supported 'Pool as a boy, I wouldn't be upset (or surprised).

However, I rather fear that we're stuck with him for at least one more season.

I won't blame him for tonight. Yes, he lost us 3rd rather than got us 4th, but the Chavs have had one of the biggest flukes in European football, and I'm not just talking about tonight. They have scraped their way to CL champions by playing some of the most negative anti-football any of us could ever shudder at watching. Neither can Harry be blamed for the sheer amount of luck that the Chavs have had. If Robben had scored that penalty - which he should have - things would have been so very different. If we lay end-to-end their games against Barca, Real, and Bayern, and counted the amount of pressure the Chavs soaked up, and the number of shots on their goal, I reckon you'd be hard-pressed to find a flukier team in world football.

So, yes, we'll probably have to suffer another season with Redknapp. But, look on the bright side. Next season, there'll be no trial for tax-dodging, nor the promise of landing the England job; plus, he will know that us fans, who are already pissed off by the way he handled himself in the last third of this season, are going to be all over him like a rash if don't show some improvement. Given all of that, I will remain hopeful that dear old Harry-boy will be on his best behaviour and out to impress. And the very first thing he can do is work his undoubted charm on Bale to ensure that he stays, and to get out an early club statement telling the likes of United and Barca to keep their thieving, greedy hands well off <ok>

8. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Yes, Chelski win a penalty shoot out having got there with ludicrous amounts of luck, Fulop gives Arsenal two goals and the ref in the Stoke match commits perhaps the worst batch of weird decisions ever seen in the same match... it's definitely Harry's fault.

9. random92

random92 Member

Yeah but Roman will now go and pump a load of cash in to make sure this wasn't a one off. Yes he's got his prize, but I think he'll want Chelsea to be back at the top. Build that team around Torres rather than Torres having to adapt his game, and they are a real threat

10. The Mighty Thor

What's immerioral Luke? No,I think we can find a coach who can do better than Harry. Yes as I said he saved us when we needed him but a almost getting there isn't getting there and we might as well be mid table for what use almost is. I don't think we can improve with him.

11. The Mighty Thor

vimhawk,Harry's teams fade away after a while not improve. Failing at the last has Harry written all over it. We let a good lead slip and he must take overall blame with some silly selections and tactics.

12. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Ok guys the numptys seem to have given up.

We can now concentrate on beating each other up. <laugh>

13. The Mighty Thor

I don't understand that Spurf but we've been beating Harry up all season haven't we? I say Harry out,I see no reason for anybody to get beaten up.

14. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

A figure of speech MT <ok>

15. The Mighty Thor

I know Spurf exactly that but I'm trying to be constructive about the future of Spurs. When he was first appointed I was a little dubious because of his record. I think we'll be perennial hopefuls with him and not achievers.

16. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

being honest, this will destabilise us, we will have to go through a whole summer of players
    on a verge of leaving , constant media attacks . With the mega limitless money pits , we
    have to compete with, we have done ok against the odds.
    Harry blew 3rd and Levy never invested .
    You pay what you get, if you spend a billion your champs of Europe or prem champs.
    I wish we had a fairy godmother,

17. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

OK MT I have expressed myself on the subject of Harry at some length, most people should know my views by now. Nothing has changed to change them. We can not blame Harry for the Uefa rules, so I will wait until things happen before I comment on the subject again.

Until then Harry is the manager.

I will be interested to see how the club reacts to this removal of income through no fault of it's own. I just cannot see Levy taking it laying down. We are talking a serious loss of income, perhaps compensation will be in order.

18. The Mighty Thor

Spurf,if we are third again next season with 8 or 9 matches to go can you really say hand on heart that you will be confident of making the CL or will you be thinking of the last two seasons? We should have been third and that's nothing to do with Uefa rules. We struggled to beat effing Stevenage in the Fa cup ffs.

19. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

You're a bunch of disgusting, deluded and fickle ****s.

Without him you'd be fighting relegation like you were before he took over.

Ungrateful, spoilt tramps is what you all are.

20. BajanSpur

BajanSpur Well-Known Member

This maybe so LDL., but the facts remain.,

Spurs had a 13 point lead and were 2 goals up in a derby match against the nearest pursuers for 3rd place.,
    and within weeks had blown the lot., Pissed all the good early season results up the proverbial wall.,

So 3rd place was ours to lose and we give it away too cheap-ly by being 'turned over' by teams that had no right to even be on the same pitch as the Spurs first eleven, quite frankly . So in other words its the manner in which 3rd place was LOST is the problem to some of us here. Achieving a not too glorious 4th is not in question to most Spurs fans.