1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

England v San MarinOhNo

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by notsosmartspur, Oct 8, 2012.

1. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

San Marino are a dreadful team thumped by everyone over the years, not even able to beat Vatican City, a side comprising of 6 Cardinals, 4 Priests and Friar Tuck in goal....what a load of hassocks!

However, England go down in history as allowing them to have the record for the fastest goal in WC qualifying history, scored in 1993 in 8.3 seconds, England ending the game 7-1 winners.

3 Spurs players on duty for this one who hopefully won't play, avoiding the desperate lunges of the part-time butcher, baker, and candlestick makers, and will return fit for the visit of the Chavlets! :)

2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

As you say, hopefully nobody gets injured, even if they do have to play. I can't understand what they're doing in the competition anyway. I went there once, years ago. There's **** all of the place. How they supposedly come up with 11 players of international standard who are all genuine citizens, is a wonder.

3. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Should be exciting, can't wait! <ok>

Well, I hope Lennon gives Defoe back his shooting boots anyway.

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I'd have loved to a seen a make shift England team full of youngsters/ older players who will probably never get the chance usually to represent their country.

Every player out there would love a chance to represent their country and with all due respect to San Marino, I reckon a team made up of League 1 & 2 players would get a win.

The likes of Kevin Nolan, Leon Osman, Grant Holt, Ricky Lambert etc would probably relish the chance to earn at least one cap. Add with them youngsters like Walker, Caulker (I know he's in U21's, just speaking hypothetically), Rose, Jenkinson, Sterling, Sturridge, Butland & co who could all use the experience to get used to a potential England international career.

5. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

great shout SOS, totally agree. <applause>

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Muchas Gracias <ok>

7. No Kane No Gain

Most England managers want all the opportunities they can get to get their most important players training with eachother, playing with eachother and working with the manager. Throw a group of players who have never met before against a team, no matter how poor, and you're risking an embarrassing result and I suspect Hodgson doesn't relish that risk when a large part of the media and fans aren't really sold on him yet.

8. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Roy missed a trick here, as he could have used this game to call up Obika and groom him as our star number 9 for the world cup.

9. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How the **** banning Ashley Cole for this is supposed to be a punishment, I'll never know.
    Gerrard also picked up a tactical red in the last game, so he avoids it, too.
    Expect most of the squad to pick up small, virtually (literally) undetectable niggles as the week goes on and the team to be chosen from a bunch of reserves and misfits.

10. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

was that all he got?!

11. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

He's been charged, but the punishment hasn't been set yet.
    One suggestion has been to make him miss that game and for Chelsea to fine him.
    He'd probably pay to miss it.

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Absolutely YV I appreciate regardless of opposition a manager wants to use his best players and that it is a risk to throw a brand new group together but perhaps that's a risk that could also pay off and see a determined performance from those who don't usually get the chance to represent their country, most of our top players don't seem to play with enough passion anymore. When Rooney burst onto the scene as an 18 year old, he was like a man possessed, nowadays we rarely see a decent England performance from him. He's not the only one though. I just though it'd been nice to have seen the likes of Osman and Nolan (both who are well overdue a call up in my opinion) the chance to impress along with a few others.

13. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

HODGSON OUT!!! <laugh>

14. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

San marino are a football team made of part time waiters and bankers.... Put them together and what have you got?

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Arsenal? <whistle>

16. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

San Marino's population is lower than our average attendance and only 12,000 higher than this website's total membership.
    We'd probably give them a good game.

17. No Kane No Gain

I know what you mean and throwing the odd curveball into a squad sounds like a good idea but I wouldn't go resting/dropping our established players from the squad and still would want most of them to play.

18. notsosmartspur

A typo...they're all baiter's and ****ers! :)

19. notsosmartspur

The good thing about this thread is GH won't be on it, as he won't have a bloody clue what its about, me being on the ol' ignore list! :D

If he does then he's clearly not using the ignore facility all the time! which I suspect.

Good job anyway, couldn't bear him insisting on Lloris instead of Hart! and hailing Woy over a tremendous win!

20. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Blackburn's owners.