1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Danny says sorry?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Cest Advocaat, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4785365/Danny-Graham-Im-sorry-for-Sunderland-jibe.html#ixzz2KJG5qiOt

Well many said he would have to do this at some point and I guess its another hurdle cleared for us all.

The reception he received on Saturday went totally unreported compared to the previous Tuesday but not by the player.

Have we all drawn a line under this episode now? I've taken the stance that he has to be supported, as to do otherwise is counter productive. The lad has spoken well and has had a good start so far and seems genuinely pleased to be here.

Go get em then Danny.

2. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

To right. Water under the bridge. Lets hope in 3/4 years time he has scored a hatful for us and 1/2 against the mags.

3. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

I said I didn't want him but if he came and pulled on the shirt he would get my 100% support.

Scoring a hat trick thru there against them might just get everybody on side. Might.

4. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Agree with this apart from 1/2 against the mags. He had better score at the very least 12.5 and taken Ameobi hostage by 4 years time.

5. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

100% behind him anyway but this cant do any harm, hope he scores on his home debut

6. BoazWMackem

BoazWMackem Member

The measure of a man isn't the size of his muscles, it's his ability to do the simple things like saying sorry.

By saying sorry, Danny has dealt with an unsavoury comment that could have been left to fester in the minds of the fans had no apology been offered and with this decision, he has went as far as he can to shake the demon from his own shoulder whilst placing much better thoughts into the minds of all of the fans of SAFC.

It was the right decision to go public because those previous comments are now buried. They no longer fester in the minds of many fans merely awaiting any reason to bring them up again and again, they are now fully resolved.

It was a really good decision for Danny to go out and say sorry however I noticed that Danny stopped short of stating that he is happy to be playing for the BIGGEST club in the north east, by saying he was happy to be playing at a BIG club in the north east. Perhaps Danny's tongue and cheek banter is much more subtle these days! <laugh>

7. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Or perhaps peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeople keep reading way too much into these things.

8. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Can't hurt.

9. Cest Advocaat

No one expects or wants him to lie or just pay lip service. He is a mag fan and so long as he doesnt do a Clark and plays the professional hand he has been dealt he will have a good career here. Clark could have had 4 or 5 years with us and some good memories to look back on.

Sadly for him, despite him actually being a good player whilst here, all I remember is the fact he is a horrible, goofy toothed, spotty black and white ****.

10. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

And breaking his leg on his debut

11. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Oof... You've been looking in the wrong bars if that's your impression of a Geordie vagina... :emoticon-0119-puke:

12. Cest Advocaat

Funny thing is, I've actually met him 2 or 3 times since that incident through a mutual acquaintance and I've stayed calm and professional.

I so wanted to unleash my fury at him in front of everyone but then I'd just be an ignorant prick like him.

I merely blanked the **** instead. Moral high ground feels superior but strangely much less satisfying than lamping the twat.:D

13. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

That's cold Cest... Wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of you!

14. THEHOTREDHEADMACKEM

THEHOTREDHEADMACKEM New Member

Me & my mates will be booing this pr*** tomorr. North stand tomorr LOL can't wait.

15. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

pr***?

Why would you star out prune?

16. Cest Advocaat

You'll be in a tiny minority then chum and I'd prepare for some huge arguments from real Sunderland fans.

17. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

So look out for the little ginger geek getting punched all over in the north stand then <ok>

18. Cest Advocaat

I reckon the lad will get a massive cheer when he is announced AND when he comes on.

Whatever the issues prior to his arrival, the fact is he is a Sunderland player now and that comes with our total unreserved support.

19. leez

leez Well-Known Member

ha way you cant boo the bloke .. dear loads of players worn the red and white and black in white .

as long as he gives 100 per cent each game.. in the past them comments . in the past .everyone makes mistakes.

20. Cest Advocaat

He will be massively supported.