1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Letter to Mr Short

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by mackemwelder, Oct 7, 2013.

1. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Dear Ellis,

OK mate, it’s been 16 days since you sacked Paulo di Canio and you still haven’t clarified why yet and the rumours are rife out here. The dust has long since settled and the man is now history, he went to the press and said he wasn’t the man he was being painted out to be, so now it’s your turn. Was it a player revolt? Was it results? Or a lack of? Just what exactly did happen?
    Most of the rumours suggest he was a raving loon and had the same man management skills as Adolf Hitler, I get this and if this is the case, then just come out and tell us, we want to know.
    A lot of us think he was heading down the right path, and the senior players needed a rocket up their prima donna overpaid arses and he was the man to do it. Some disagree and think he was just off his ****ing trolley. Personally I think there was a bit of both, he clearly was a bit of a head the ball, but proved he wouldn’t take any **** from anyone and for once in a long, long time I saw signs that we could actually string a few passes together and play decent football when we put our minds to it. We’ll never know just what he could have achieved so let’s move on.

What about his successor? Again, rumours are frigging rife out here mate, just when are you going to stop talking like a cryptic crossword and tell us who you have in mind? The bookies are having a field day out there mate, just put us out of our misery once more and announce the new guy FFS.
    If rumours are true you’ve interviewed just about every unemployed manager there is, so you must have some idea by now surely? What the **** is the hold up? Are you so indecisive that you can’t choose?
    To be fair to you, the list the bookies have drawn up doesn’t exactly excite us. But come on mate, you’re a billionaire business man, you’re used to this sort of **** so stop sitting on the fence and make a decision. Use your money and get us someone that can lead us to that so called ‘next level’.

You handed the reins to Bally, temporarily I hope cos although he has the team motivated, I don't see him being a long term success, he just doesn't have the tactical nouse required at this level. At least for the 2 games he was in chargehe got the players motivated and they put in 2 spirited performances against teams we weren’t expecting anything from anyway. And, we showed that we can get at teams and play, we have the players in our squad who can play when they want, so now we just need a Head Coach/Manager to whip them into shape. Who will it be? Come on you twat, make your frigging mind up and announce something today.

Sincerely,

A disgruntled Welder.

2. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

If nothing by Wednesday mate I reckon it'll be after the nags game when we could be rooted to the foot of the table wanting a run of 4/5 straight wins just to get to 17th. I can't even remember the last time we won 4 in a row so not an easy job.
    Agree it needs sorting this week mind <ok>

3. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

Dear Mr Welder,

thankyou for your correspondence, following a difference of opinion between mr osea and paulo we felt we had no other option than to release the head coach as it was disturbing many players egos , to the extent that it was damaging the ethos of the club,extra training ,fittness levels ,diets ,and general all round behaviour, now bearing in mind the shock and horror after years of doing what they pleased im afraid the dressing room was full of players who had been given a wake up call and a voice of protest was heard.
    The danger is welder in the mean time other clubs are earning points around us ,i must be careful in my selection as we do not want to upset the players again do we.
    A coach with door mat written on his fore head will suit most of them.

yours , mr rsole

4. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

At least you got your name right at the end

5. password invalid

were you gutted oshea and celluar were not played together then cest

6. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I don't spend my time on here dissing people..I have better things to do with my life, However, after reading your posts, threads for a few months now, I actually believe there is no way on Gods earth you can be a Sunderland fan..not a chance.

7. password invalid

shows how wrong you can be then, sorry if thats what you think, i read yours as well , why because i am a
    fan

8. Cest Advocaat

No I don't get upset when Sunderland play well. You might you dirty craa but I don't.

9. password invalid

well for what its worth i thought the spirit was there , need a turn of fortune soon it cannot carry on

10. mackemwelder

So the rest of it is wrong?

11. Cest Advocaat

I thought there was terrific spirit and support but heads went after they got the 2nd goal. I don't care who plays so long as Sunderland play well and win and I don't give a ****e who is manager so long as the club do well. I get no satisfaction, as you seem to, by seeing one or more of our players struggling.

I'd prefer JOS and Cuellar playing well and enjoying being at the club. The more unhappy players there are the less chance we have of attracting better ones. Sunderland under PDC was a very unhappy club and Bally has at least tried to address that. Performances have been better in the last 3 games but he won't be the full time manager IMO. However, some of the abuse Bally has cons under, merely for standing in when the ship is sinking is unforgivable.

12. password invalid

i think , well im sure its out of pure frustration ,we all know better dont we , the armchair is a lovely place to manage from

13. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I think the rest is 100% wrong...just another person jumping on a bandwagon where there is no proof. I know its not fashionable, but MAYBE if there was as much effort going into supporting some players instead of slagging them off..they just MIGHT do a little better.
    god knows, we need them to.

14. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking the same, always down-beat and disgruntled. We are bottom but with a new man at the helm I do believe that we will rise very quickly. We have been playing some decent football of late. Heres to onwards and up.

15. mackemwelder

I was responding to something Cest wrote, but please digress.

Which 'Bandwagon' did I jump on? and which 'Player' did I slag off? and I've not quoted any 'Proof' either, as I stated, Rumours.

For the record mate, it was a tongue in cheek letter to say that i'm sick of waiting for an announcement by the club.

16. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

17. 13thtop

13thtop Active Member

Would love short to have got that letter. A down to earth view from a down to earth Sunderland fan with touch of industrial language, priceless. Whatever the delivery the points are fair, why is there so much silence, why is there little apparent progress but no certainly no figurehead taking charge of our club

18. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I need to stick up for Stu here Flanders. I think he can see the big picture, a picture that's blighted us long before PDC's 13 games. He's seems disgusted with our current crop of players like I myself feel disgusted. Does that make me less of as fan? Some people on here are still carrying a Paolo vendetta with you Flanders being the fiercest I've seen. That's fine mate, if that's your thing crack on, but it looks to me like you're blinkering out the rest of our problems. Putting your fingers in your ears and going 'lalalalalalalaallpaolosfaultlalalalalala'. But to questioning Stu's elegance because he doesn't have a one track mind is unfair. Paolo isn't here anymore mate, but the players who've failed 3 managers are. For the last two weeks I've seen you pick and choose who you take exception to and unfortunately certain posters who have shown Paolo a tiny bit of respect, you've jumped on them as pro Paolo and ranted off at them while others you haven't even challenged.

Poor show imo fella.

Maybe you should give Stu the respect you give the other posters who are thinking along his lines because there's plenty who share the same sentiment who you haven't challenged.

19. mackemwelder

Still waiting for a response mate.

20. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

It's interesting how much he's laid into Paolo without proof. Infact, with no club clarification whatsoever he's laid into Paolo on the basis of 100% rumor.