1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer favourite to be the new Cardiff manager

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Dec 27, 2013.

1. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I hope he doesn't go there, after the way Vincent Tan treated Malky Mackay, i hope our former number 20 gets the West Brom job but that looks unlikely.

2. I understand the sentiment behind not wanting Solskjaer to work under Tan but I'd like him to join a English club so we can see what all the hype is about. Even Roy Hodgson won trophies in that part of the world <ok>

3. Matth_2014

Looks like Pepe Mel ain't getting the West Brom job, i want Solskjaer to go there.

4. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Which is another reason for him not to join Cardiff. <ok>

While I agree he needs to prove himself in a better league, he took a mid table team and won the league twice in his first two years.

I don't know if he'll take the Cardiff job. The major reason he left United to take over Molde was to live at home with his family who all live in that area. I'm not sure he'll be tempted to leave unless there was a really big opportunity. I'm sure in a few years when his kids are older he'll be more open to other jobs.

5. Well that's it really isn't it? If he is happy to stay where he is then he doesn't need to take any job that comes along. However, that raises a different question; what job would tempt him to jump ship? He's not going to be offered a job at Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool, I doubt Everton or Tottenham would take the plunge either but they are slightly different to the others IMO. Would he want to join someone like Newcastle, Villa or Swansea? Someone that is a good side, not fighting relegation but nor challenging for CL football either?

6. Matth_2014

According to the daily mirror Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is 95% certain gonna be the new Cardiff manager, good god, i hope he doesn't go there, i'd rather him go to West Brom.

7. EatMyHole

EatMyHole Member

He is totally unproven, big risk for any club. Especially one fighting relegation!!

8. Matth_2014

He did reject the chance to manage Aston Villa last year.

9. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Solksjaer will go to whatever club he wants to without pandering to your express wishes.<ok>

10. What if Tan gives him £30m to spend?

11. Matth_2014

No way he will give that to a new manager, especially when he refused to give Mackay money to buy players.

12. EatMyHole

EatMyHole Member

That would be an ever bigger risk then!!

13. Feel free to point out where I said he would. I said "what if"...<ok>

14. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Would you work for Mr Tan?

Just show's how ****ing stupid Ole is. Sat on the bench for 80% of his career now he's gonna work for this ****ing noob. Twatastic.

please log in to view this image

15. Everyone thought Southampton were crazy this time last year when they sacked Adkins. Not many are mentioning it now.

I don't agree with what Cardiff or, in-particularly, Tan has done, but what has happened as happened.

16. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Well Tottenham just appointed Sherwood who is much more of a risk than someone like Ole would be IMO. I think the jobs he'd be linked with now or something in a few years would easily tempt him, but from what I understand through interview Ole has given family was his motivating factor to go back to Norway. Had he stayed in charge of the reserves at United, he might have been in Moyes' seat right now.

Hiring any manager is a risk in itself. Inter hired a manager who won the CL with Liverpool, only for him to completely destroy the treble winning team. Not every manager will work out regardless of their accomplishments in the past. The fact that OGS is linked with almost every open managerial job in the premier league means that enough people think he's good enough to manage in the prem. He might be a risk for a club pushing CL football, but might be a risk worth taking.

17. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Well, apparently he is offering money to spend

18. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Ole has said no to Cardiff Mathh, do keep up

19. Matth_2014

I know he has.

20. Matth_2014

Tan booed off his own team.