1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Quinn?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Becks, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Becks

Becks Member

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Before last nights game, Bruce had a long conversation with Quinn in the centre circle. Quinn was then on his phone for a while accompanied by much arm waving and then made a point of shaking every players hand as they left the pitch after the warm up. The actions of someone who is being transferred? Anyone in the know on this?

2. Summerof69

Summerof69 Well-Known Member

Back to the Blunts perhaps?

3. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Wouldnt be a surprise if he did leave. He's a brilliant player and a top bloke but he's not going to get much game time is he? One of the very best signings of Bruce's regime and if this is happening, he'll go with everyone's blessing.

4. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

I will be gutted if he does leave but as said, sadly can’t see him playing much this season.

He’s a class act though and he definitely is one of Bruce’s best signings. We should look to keep him.

Just hope we sell him to an inoffensive club. Be horrible to see him at Leeds or back to Sheff Utd even.

5. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Burnsy was saying how Bruce had had the chat to tell him he wasn't in the final 18. If you can't get in the "squad" for what we are treating slightly as a secondary distraction then when are you going to play?

6. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

Would be a shame to let him go as I feel he can do a great job as cover when needed. Surely he can be utilised in cup games to give other players a rest.

However, we have a lot of midfield players (with Snodgrass and Ince) now and may be inevitable that someone has to go to balance the books somewhat.

7. bigfattiger

bigfattiger Well-Known Member

He was a noticeable omission from the squad. He'll go with my blessing cause he seems like a genuine lad who deserves to play every week.

Doubt it's the Blunts though, I'd have thought promotion hopeful from the Championship. Look how well Cairney was received and Quinn is as good, if not better than Tom.

8. bum_chinned_crab

Another thought - and you could constitue this as negative but I'll still say it - if we should be relegated he is precisely the kind of player we'd want in the Championship. He'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet each week.

Let's not carried away, we will be in a relegation battle for the whole season ahead.

9. ollyhcafc

ollyhcafc Active Member

Hahaha Cheer up, whats your reasoning for this then?

10. BoothferryLegend

Different positions but if anyone should go it should be Sagbo-shocking

11. Idi Amin

Idi Amin Well-Known Member

I don't mind Sagbo, but I can see peoples frustration with him at times. I know football is no place for sentiment, but barring Figs, I would not like to see any of them go. I feel that they are all pulling in the same direction and give 110% for the club.

12. bum_chinned_crab

My reasoning is because we've got one of the worst squads in the Premier League. It's impossible to argue otherwise. Even if there are 5 worse squads that still suggests we should finish bottom 6 and that's a relegation battle. And it's got nothing to do with 'cheering up', it's realistic. Do you now think cos we've had 1 season up we're immune to relegation? Have you never heard of 'second season syndrome', especially with the Europa League to contend with? And do you think we won't be in a relegation battle?

To be clear I dont mean we'll be bottom of the league all season but I've got no doubt whatsoever that we'll be looking down the table rather than up - even if we get to 15 points clear of the bottom 3 (which we wont). We'll certainly never be safe until at least 3 games from the end.

In my eyes that's a relegation battle.

13. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Don't mean to be pedantic but a 15 point gap would put us safe with 4 games to go...

14. renegadetiger

renegadetiger Well-Known Member

It isn't.

15. bum_chinned_crab

Go on then, name the Premier League clubs with worse squads than us.

I did mean even if we're 15 points clear of the bottom 3 at Christmas we'll still be looking down rather than up.

16. ollyhcafc

ollyhcafc Active Member

I think were better than West ham, Saints now, Leicester, qpr, burnley, villa, palace . I think we'll finish mid table bruce has strengthened well in my opinion.

I'm optimistic probably deluded in your opinion.

17. NorthFerribyTiger

NorthFerribyTiger Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you BCC, unlike last season I really can't see any clubs with a poorer squad than us, even the newly promoted clubs, who unlike us do have the advantage of not suffering second season syndrome.

We have strengthened from last year, but one of our great disadvantages was scoring goals, something I do not see changing without new blood, last night showed that again if nothing else. We needed to prop up the defence, but without goals a good defence is useless, you cannot really stay up with a season of 0-0 draws (even with the best defence in the world....which ours is not)

18. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

19. NorthFerribyTiger

NorthFerribyTiger Well-Known Member

Funny thing is West Ham, Southampton, Villa & even Palace & Sunderland finished above us so were clearly better than us, in fact with our end of season form, if there has been 2 more games in a season we would surely have been relegated

20. bum_chinned_crab

There's no way in a million years Villa or DQPR have got worse squads than us. Benteke is 10 times better than any of our strikers and Villa's centre back was THE main centre back for the team that finished 3rd at the world cup. I'd stll say Southampton's is better as well.

Seriously, you honestly think that? Their squad is f**ing miles better than ours.

Woah there, I didnt say 'any'. For the record I think Burnley, Lester and Swansea (strange nobody else mentioned them) are the teams with worse squads than us. Therefore we have one of the worst squads in the Premier League, which is what i said.