1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Southampton vs MK Dons

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by KingslandSFC, Mar 28, 2011.

1. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

please log in to view this image

Date: 2nd April 2011 Kick off: 3:00pm

Venue: St Marys's Stadium ( Total Capacity:32,689)
    Radio Coverage:96.1FM BBC RADIO SOLENT​

Southampton F.C play host to MK DONS with the hope to come away with a win to pile pressure back on their Promotion contenders: Huddersfied Town & Peterborough United.

So here we are, now in April and we are 10 fixtures away from the end of the season - anyone feeling nervous yet?

Southampton go into this game with a 4 consecutive winning streak at home with hope of being unbeaten at St Mary's to make it 5 under Nigel Adkins. The last defeat at St Mary's was to a Premier League you might know ..Manchester United on 29th Jan in the 4th Round of the FA Cup where Southampton lost 2-1.

Leage One Table: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/table/default.stm

Saints still have several games in hand on their promotion contenders, 3 games on Hudderfield and 2 Games on Posh. With only 5 Point difference from 2nd Place ...Is it me or is it getting even more exciting now!!

Who to watch out for?

Left: Sam Baldock - Netting 11 Goals this season, Right: Luke Chadwick - Former Man Utd / England Midfielder.

Review of March:

As you will see below Southampton will look at last months performances and will be pleased to see they took 13 Points out of a possible 18 Points. With only 1 defeat which came at the beginning of March to Relegation battler's -Walsall F.C. Even tho Southampton had a mass amount of chances, Walsall snatched 3 Pts and were saved several times by their legend of a keeper 'Jimmy Walker'. Saints learnt a lesson from loss and went on a rapid 4 games winning streak beating Colchester, Yeovil, Bournemouth and Sheffield Wednesday.However last week's mid week game saw Southampton lose the lead to a late BWP goal for Charlton to snatch 1 point.

1st March : (A) Walsall Loss (1-0) Macken 69'
    5th March : (A) Colchester WIN ( 2-0) Chamberlain 30' & Hammond 50'
    8th March : (H) Yeovil WIN (3-0) Barnard 15' & 55' , Chamberlain 67'
    12th March : (A) Cherries WIN (3-1) Dalla Vale 6' (Cherries) , Barnard 11' , Hammond 71' , Lambert 88'
    19th March : (H) Sheff. Wed WIN (2-0) Fonte 60' & Lambert 66'
    22nd March (A) Charlton DRAW (1-1) Jaidi 64', Bradley Wright-Phillips (Charlton) 86'

Dean Hammond celebrating his goal to give Southampton a 2-1 lead against our 'rivals' Bournemouth​

Concerns for Southampton in the coming month?

* Lee Barnard - Court Appearance due soon
    * Adam Lallana - Injury - No update given as of yet if it is a groin / or just previous head injury
    * Alex Chamberlain - Injury - No update given as of yet to extent of injury
    * Spiderman - Injured

If Chamberlain & Lallana are out this weekend (to be replaced with Forte & N'Guessan /Guly) could this be a worry for Saints Fans r.e Promotion fight for Automatic place?

Success at St Mary's

* Guly Do Prado is likely to to 'spring' back into action after making a 2nd Half appearance in the 2-0 victory over Sheffield Wed after being replaced for Alex Chamberlain after having suffering from injury spell. So we could see our Brazilian back on the score sheet this weekend...OH LAY OH LAY OH LAY OH LAY ....Guuuuuuuuullllllly Guuuuuuuuuuulllllly!

* Saints sign Dale Stephens on loan for the rest of the season from Oldham, to support our Midfield crisis of late.
    * At the last home game (Sheff. Wed fixture) for those who went will have heard the fantastic sound of OWTS being sung correctly , starting slowly then steadly building to create a great atmosphere throughout!! Long may it continue for the rest of the season!!!

Who do you think is likely to been in the starting XI? (Bear in mind of 'potential' injuries worries)

Thoughts on the Full Time score??

Before I end - thought I would remind you all ... ITS MOTHERS DAY ON SUNDAY! So why not treat your Mum to a visit to SMS this weekend??
    v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v
    http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2308036,00.html

2. Matt-SFC

Matt-SFC Member

Not too confident about this one if Lallana and Chamberlain are out, especially Lallana. As we have seen, we are not very good without him and have had relegation form when he hasn't played. However, we were starting to get better without him on his last spell out so hopefully we can continue that. Their on a good run themselves with 5 wins from the last 6 so this certainly won't be an easy game. Line-up I would go for

Davis
    Butterfield Fonte Jaidi Harding
    Guly Hammond Chaplow Forte
    Lambert Barnard

Thats presuming that Lallana and Chamberlain are out.

Score prediction: 2-1 Saints

I totally agree about the atmosphere. OWTS is so much better sung slow twice through then sped up. It was brilliant when we sung it slow at Charlton

3. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Come on Saints :)

I think we will start nervously. May even lose a goal but we will come back to win 2-1. I would like to see Martin start.

4. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

A few players out, but we seem to do alright against this bunch......

2-0, possibly conceded 1 !

COYRs!! Lets get right behind them this is the crnch time now!

On Kingslands note - OWTS slow please! X2 then fast!!!!!!!

5. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

When was the last time we were beaten in the LEAGUE? I have a feeling we are unbeaten at home in 2011.

6. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

I take us to win with Forte or N'Guessan scoring the winner to kick start their Saints career.

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

2.0 win to Saints with Fonte and Forte to score (sounds good, like an Italian supermarket).

8. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

We may not score as many without lallana but our defence is pretty good. I would settle for 1-0, although it would probably be a nervous last 10 minutes.....as usual.

9. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

I am on record as saying Saints 1 MK Wombles 2 and will not change my prediction and indeed vision!<whistle>

10. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Looking back... Last defeat at St Mary from League 1 fixture was on 11th Dec. We played Brentford and lost 2-0. So your certainly correct - we are unbeaten at home this year so far!!

11. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

If you get this one right, I will be very disappointed. I also think that as a consequence of your obvious gift, and vision you should be made a Saint. :)

12. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Soton 2-1 MK Dons

Good luck.

13. old springhill saint

yes it seems like it's going to be hard game last meeting we lost , but I think we might be for a surprise pretty tight 2--1 to the saints .but as Nigel has said "our destiny is in our hands" play up you saints

14. thebronze14

thebronze14 Well-Known Member

Im confident of victory for a change being a pessimistic person so this feeling worries me:confused: im going for 3-1

15. HOADIE_BOI

You have good times ahead of you, Now you are going up I think this is the start of the future for Soton.

16. sotonstu

sotonstu Member

nothing is set in stone yet, dnt jinx us ffs

17. fran-MLs little camera

When we played Bournemouth I thought that was the game to decide the season. Remember Jaidi dancing to 'we are going up.' However, everyone else seemed to pick up points, we dropped points against Charlton, and had a game cancelled. We are in a great position but every game is now the 'big one'. We haven't reached the point of no return, but it would certainly settle nerves if we got all three points on Saturday. I'm going to this game. The first I've managed for a while...so COYR.

18. saintadam1981

saintadam1981 Active Member

Now we have lallana fit i'm going for a narrow 2 - 1 to saints but they have a couple of decent players to watch,marsh brown looked half decent when i saw him against the posh recently and he has a bit of pace about him which i worry about with our fullbacks.

19. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I go for a 2-1 win aswell mate.

20. fran-MLs little camera

Whenever I dream about Saints I can never see the score. It's like everyone gets in the way or won't answer a straight question. Last night I dreamt clear as day 4.1 so I'm going for that now.