1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tuesday 4th September Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by woolcombe-folly007, Sep 3, 2012.

1. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Not a bad days racing card at my local sussex track- A couple of choices atm;

16.40 Hurricane Higgins- 9/1

A very tricky sort, who you need to catch on his day. Was completley outclassed in the Ebor, but won very well over Course. He doenst like the stalls and yes that day was off a staggered start. But he came out well of the stalls in the Ebor. And this is a much easier field, but the horse has talent, likes the course and the distance will be no problem and if on his day he will be hard to beat.

18.20 Swift Balde- 7/1 NAP

Put him on his last run at brighton- wore the cheekpieces for the first time which seem do the trick. Has them on again for this race, Lady Herries only has small stable and wont send her horses out unless she thinks they are ready, she is just starting to come in to a little bit of form too. He came a convincing second lto he had no chance with winner, but defintatly would have come on for that race. He stayed on and even picked up in the final furlong at brighton so will like the extra distance.

Will also be doing a Chiltern Hills (18.00 Downpatrick) & Zadarska (18.30 Downpatrick) - willie Mullins double :D

2. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Thinks it's the 4th Wooly!

3. woolcombe-folly007

Cheers Jong! Long day! lol

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Probably thrown by the wrong date on today's Daily Thread (now corrected). Did anyone notice that?

5. woolcombe-folly007

6. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Goodwood
    3.30 Cardmaster 13/2
    4.40 Ruacana 7/2

Musselburgh
    3.50 Chant 10/1

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have you got any money left Joe?

8. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

4.05 Goodwood:

KING DRAGON 14/1

Put this fella up a few times including his Windsor win and prior to that when midfield at Royal Ascot. Why can he step up to listed company? The trip.

He has shaped like in need of further since the very first time he raced and as such 14/1 looks quite an overpriced valuation and I don't think it will last long. Steeler is a warm order but do Mark Johnston runners ever run two races the same to be valued at 8/11? I'm not entirely happy that Dundonnell is as good as the hype suggests in all fairness and he was almost worried out of it by Steeler. The difference for me is some of the field ought to improve for the trip whereas Steeler is setting a standard (albeit high). King Dragon has been well educated in his rides and I can't help but think he will relish the step up to 7f.

I would not rule out the Channon horse either and I would recommend a saver on JILLNEXTDOOR at Ladbrokes generous 14/1. Frequently staying on late over 5f, this is a horse who has gone down a nose to Kev Ryans HOTOTO (winner off 102), has been a keeping on 8th of 20 in an Ascot Group2 over 5f, and narrowly denied when rallying late LTO over 6f. Being by Henrythenavigator, 7f is going to bloody well suit and I think we will see significant improvement and is well worth a crack at listed level.

9. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

still ticking over, could have been forgiven for going broke this season, form is completely worthless, smaller bets have been doing alot better than the ones I fancy strongly, never known so many paper goodthings beaten as this season

agree with toppy, King Dragon way overpriced at 14/1, will have some of that myself, I thought 11/1 looked big, got to be against Steeler at 8/11, most likely winner but wants further than a mile already and no value, how the 365 traders keep their jobs is anyones guess.

10. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Goodwood 3:30
    I very much like THE SIXTIES 9/1, not the decade, I can't comment on the decade, although this "free love" does sound fun. Anyway, back to the horse in question, consistant type, looks a much better horse with the visor fitted last two runs, beat some top horses lto including Grevious Angel who went on to win very cosily at Thirsk t'other day.

11. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Good morning gents... I see that George Baker isnt riding George Baker for George Baker at Leicester today... Phew, that will make it easier for the commentator...<laugh><laugh>

12. YouCanCallMeJeff

King Dragon a NR

13. redcgull

And to follow up on the George Baker theme... George baker, the jockey, has a good chance with Picture Dealer in the 5.15 @ Goodwood...

Currently 7/2...<cheers>

14. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Then of course there's the George Baker Selection. Anything with a musical feel about it today?

15. redcgull

Just looked through the Leicester card so far...

2.00 - Lady Of The House, 4/1
    2.30 - Light From Mars, 8/1
    3.05 - Clear Loch, 9/2
    3.40 - Perfect Rose, 5/1
    4.15 - Ukrainian, 4/1
    4.50 - Crown Counsel, 5/2
    5.20 - Royal Selection, 20/1

Not had a bet yet but might when the racing starts...<cheers>

16. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

I was a product of "free love" and a very good advertisement for it I might add.

17. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Surprised a few of you were looking to take on STEELER today. Ran an absolute blinder at York behind a very good horse. Obviously wouldn't be backing him at 1-2 either mind.

18. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Oh dear, that makes me a 'producer' then, as I was in full operations-mode in the sixties?..............<yikes>

19. YouCanCallMeJeff

Hmmm i'm not very good at maths, but one could put two and two together... Dex a product of free love and Jongleur a producer...

What kind of films did you make Jongleur?

20. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Swanny and Jeff <laugh>