1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Demo at Hull game being arranged

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Exodus Geohaghon, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Exodus Geohaghon

Exodus Geohaghon Active Member

19.00 at Billy statue.
    Pro-takeover chants/banners inside the ground along with support for the team - South Stand FA2 and SS2.

Anyone thinking of coming along? Seems like something actually worthy of breaking one's boycott for, since the financial income for Bates will be minimal and strength of feeling can be strongly conveyed.

2. Exodus Geohaghon

89 views and no responses, pro or contra?

Come on, RSVP.

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Sorry Loiner, was on mute there (standard conference call-speak for not paying attention).

Doubt if I'll make it for 19:00. Bit early for me (I have a reputation to uphold!), but will do my best. Not so sure about the South Stand, right enough. Cost me an arm & a leg to transfer to ESU for the LUST protest last season.

As far as protests go, I think it would be far more effective if we elected a game for a 'zero attendance'. Given enough notice & publicity, the occasional buyer would avoid buying a ticket & us season ticket holders could surely stand outside & picket/protest with the others. I think this would have a greater impact than just another 'Bates out' chanting session, which tbh, are becoming so repetitive that there is little impact now. As Elmo would say, 'Wolf, wolf'. I would hope that LUST would be leading a campaign from the front so that our protests had a unified voice that would be listened to by the media.

Just a thought.

4. Exodus Geohaghon

You can transfer to the SS for free if you buy another ticket along with your own. Otherwise, it's only £5 since it's the cheapest area of the ground so you don't have to pay the balance of the ticket itself.

I agree about a unified boycott game. Everton is perfect for that, since only a few ST holders will be registered to the auto cup scheme, so attendance could be limited to below 10k if enough people got on board. They won't do, but we have to make an effort. The attendance at the scum game last season made a real statement to Bates, comparing it with smaller fry like Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool, for all of whom we still managed to sell out.

The Hull protest isn't the be-all-and-end-all, and is still a progressive step since it'll be the biggest in-ground protest, and hopefully one Bates won't be able to ignore if there are huge banners etc.

So I think if enough people get on board with it (even if they just protest by the statue because they can't justify lining Bates' pockets) we can start to think about protesting outside ER during a game, or doing a march away from there on a matchday to prove our non-attendance and non-compliance.

5. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

Other than I think I read it is a Cat C game? Anticpating a stay-away, he has reduced prices to entice morons to show up?

6. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

Obviously there's nothing I can do, but I hope it's a success. <ok>

7. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Yes there is Simon21......get rid of that silly blog "Warnock & Diouf out" thank you in anticipation

8. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

:)

9. Wolves White

Wolves White Member

Good luck with the protest but I've got agree with Jock.

Chanting outside the ground is good and all but we need to him Bates where it kind of hurts and that's in the pocket. If we chant all he's going to do is call us moron, yes it gets a couple of seconds on The Football league show but that about it. Bates knows we hate him and wants him out it just makes him want to stay more (He wants to be hated). If the ground is quite we could achieve much more than just chanting outside the club shop and next to Bremner's Statue.

10. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Its a night game so its not one I can get to unless I blag work in Leeds. Its something I would support though if I was there. I understand people saying its pointless but so is sitting back and getting constantly F*cked over by the old bastard.

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Don't confuse 'pointless' with 'less effective'. It's good to keep up the 'Bates Out' chants, just to let the old bastard know we still care. The problem is that the media are only interested in news, and repeated chant sessions are not particularly newsworthy. Now if we had a virtually empty ground one day, that would get us noticed not just nationally, but probably internationally. It would require a lot of organisiation, coordination & communications, hence the need for a leading party (I'd recommend LUST). We could all still turn up for a chanting session - on the outside only - and at the same time create a friendly picket to encourage the (hopefully) few that did buy tickets not to enter the ground. Now if the game was a cup game that was televised (before you say it - too late for the Everton game!), you couldn't ask for better conditions to communicate our collective feelings. Don't think this has ever been done successfully anywhere to date, but with LUST leading, and the wonderful social networking tools we have available to us these day, we could just pull it off.

But that's being negative - lets hope the TO happens to save us having to do this.