1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Joel Campbell.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

He has started to play well for Real Betis after a slow start and he scored for them yesterday. He is getting good reviews and I have always been impressed by him in terms of his raw ability. Not getting a work permit for him has been annoying and that's why we have had to loan him to the likes of Lorient and Betis.

Real Betis are having a fantastic season in La Liga and they are currently fourth, so they are not a poor side by any means, and Campbell is a first choice attacker for them. He plays on the right of their front three and I do feel that we need a player like this. A quick left footed forward that can play on the wings, especially the right and is able to cut in and use his left foot. There is always the danger that he could be the next Carlos Vela but hopefully this guy actually fulfils his potential at Arsenal, because I have no doubt that he is talented enough to play for us and become a star.

[video=dailymotion;xwq7y4]http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xwq7y4[/video] - His performance yesterday.

[video=youtube;6BSNrDLXdhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BSNrDLXdhg[/video] - A stunning goal.

2. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That cut inside against Levante was EPIC <ok>

4. Treat Williams

Treat Williams Well-Known Member

He plays mainly in the AMR position for Betis, but also sometimes on the other flank. If Wenger carries on with the 4-2-3-1 formation you'd think that he'd be a very welcome addition on his return. His defensive contribution is seemingly strong as well, according to both the player and whoscored.com.

5. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Raw talent. I have high hopes for this kid.

6. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Out of all the players we have out on loan at the moment, I think this kid is the only one that has a real chance of making it at Arsenal.

7. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Campbell and Ryo are the two i'm interested in.

Campbell seems to be progressing well - i've watched a couple of Betis games recently and he looks good. Some of his international goals are fantastic as well.

Ryo i watched alot of while he was in holland and i was more interested to see how he would do than oxocube! He is very quick and has a good finish/cross on him. He has alot of work to do but i think he could at the very least become a very useful squad player for us. It's a shame his loan move to Wigan hasn't worked out as well as it could have (plus he has had a few little injuries i think).

I want to see both of these get a chance over the next season or two.

8. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

I'm still surprised Campbell didn't get a permit. He's a starter for Costa Rica, his caps are in double digits, surely he qualifies?

9. Lugs1

Lugs1 Member

This guy, Ryo and Wellington Silva are the ones I mostly look out for. This Campbell lad looks very good, ran Puyol ragged in a friendly against Spain

10. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

It all depends on the FIFA ranking of international team and whether the player has played in competitive matches.

11. velachiperoo

velachiperoo Well-Known Member

Apparently it is 75% of matches but a case can be made for highly talented individuals, harder when they are youngsters.

12. cjuliennech1

cjuliennech1 Member

I don't think he'll go the same way as vela, he seems to be stronger and more explosive to go with his ability on the ball. Obviously there are things that he will need to learn and he'll need to adapt to the english game but playing in france and now spain is a great learning curve for him. Hopefully he gets his permit because he can be a real asset for us.

What are the chances of him getting a permit in the summer?

13. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

We were able to get a work permit for Ryo Myachi as the club succesfully argued he was an "exceptional talent" but i don't know how many times you could use this argument.