1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fathi

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by WSTiger, Mar 6, 2013.

1. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

Always looking for the next messiah. Can anyone who was at the game say how hid did when he came on?

2. trouserpress

trouserpress Active Member

Nothing spectacular but looked very neat and tidy, seemed to keep the ball and pass well. Could really help us keep possession in midfield. Needs to be given a chance I think. I'd give him a run out at Burnley in place of Koren.

3. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

I think thats what we need in our next away game, can't see him okaying against burnley though

4. CityCalv

CityCalv Well-Known Member

Think he looked very good to be fair, got a nice touch and nice feet.

5. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

That was my first look at this lad. I was quite impressed. It wasnt an easy time for him to come on but he did look neat and tiday on the ball and also put in some good tackles which nearly all of our midfield failed to do. I think he is worth a start, but thats up to SB of course.

6. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't drop Koren, a little bit of class in the team is our best chance for automatic. Fathi is a like for like for Elmo for me, neat and tidy, well you might as well pick Cairney then

7. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I couldn't understand it when we were 3.0 down at Bolton i thought its game over, a good time to bring him on and have a look at him. same with the Birmingham game

8. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

yeah, it's why i cant see him starting against burnley

9. trouserpress

You wouldn't drop Koren? Glad you're not manager. We have to start learning from our mistakes...we need more bite and presence in midfield, certainly away from home. Its not enough to have someone in the team who is largely anonymous just because they might or might not pop up with a twenty yarder. Not when you are involved in a battle. I'd go for Meyler, Quinn and Fathi/Evans for this away game....can't face being cut to shreds again.

10. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

I'd tweak the formation rather than start dropping the class players from the team, it's asking too much for Fathi to have an impact like Gedo especially taking the position of Koren. People are overreacting and clutching at straws for no reason on here.

11. trouserpress

So - 4-4-2 then? I still don't find room for Koren...he's not productive on the wing, or up top, and we need more bite in midfield, where I'd have Meyler and Evans, or perhaps Meyler and Fathi, or even Meyler and Quinn, basically busy players. I'd play him at home, sure...just not away to Burnley.

12. george dawes

george dawes Active Member

Really don't think we can play both Quinn and Koren in a 3 away from home. Need the midfield to be solid and let Elmo, Brady, Gedo and Boyd to be the flair players. Would even be tempted to have Evans, Fathi and Meyler as the three away and have Meyler with Koren and Quinn at home. Horses for courses now.

13. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

He wasn't on the bench against Birmingham, hence why he didn't come on. Apparently he picked up a knock just after the Bolton game and was rested. He looks match fit now though from what I saw against Palace, so I hope he can make an impact between now and the end of the season, be it as a super sub or a starting player.

14. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Steady, neat and tidy. Good cover for Meyler when the need is there.