1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

R G Interview With Twentyman.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

For me he came across in a very negative and defensive manner.
    He asked to appear on the show but I'm afraid it totally backfired on him.
    TBF he agrees with some on here saying we have a very good squad and we need to work hard to improve them.

He/they are in Dreamland.

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

He was talking absolute waffle.
    So unconvinced by his speel.
    We are in serious downfall.

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

The whole progress promised has been a complete and utter disaster..
    IMO NP has been a massive disappointment. I do not see any improvement in team selection, tactics, style or performance.
    I know you two don’t see it, but IMO the players we have are better than what we are watching.. the setup is all wrong..

4. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Terrible wasn’t it, all he said was keep going as we’ve been going, oh except Nige is out indefinitely but we don’t need anyone to replace him. Working on that logic why bother having him back at all, we could save ourselves the wage of a manager, what a load of crap

5. AshtonRed

If that interview was meant to appease the supporters it has completely back fired , I don’t do social media, but I imagine it’s white hot right now. It wouldn’t surprise me if SL is forced to make a statement soon, because if not all he’ll is going to break lose.

6. AshtonRed

7. AshtonRed

I don’t think we can afford to wait indefinitely for Nige to return, if he’s going to be out for an indefinite time we need to get someone else in, if that means parting company with Nige so be it.

8. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

SO NP's illness absence is Covid related

9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

If that is the case (which it isn't) then LJ and Holden must have set them up wrongly as well, because too many of them were mainly **** for them as well, no matter how you try to spin it.

Wells, Palmer and ODowda have never been consistent since arriving and I would now probably add DaSilva and Vyner to that list.

The rot started to set in in January 2020 and with short spells of optimism has slowly but surely gotten worse, really if this squad is as good as you claim LJ and Holden would still be here.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    Redprintt likes this.
  10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I understand that but do you honestly believe that there is a manager available who can polish some of our serially inconsistent turds?

The last time ODowda positively influenced a game was almost a year ago at QPR and I cannot remember the time before that, Wells has scored one goal all season and has missed a hatful, Vyner is the most mistake prone player in the squad and Palmer is a show pony.

I cannot think of anybody who is that much of a miracle worker.

11. oneforthebristolcity

No, as SL & certain fans wanted progress from what LJ was able to achieve........................that went well then!

12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

What utter horse **** and total distortion of the truth as usual, unlike many I went to every home game that season and I cannot recall other than disappointment of our annual new year capitulation any demonstrations or chants of "Johnson out", in fact our new year capitulation actually started a month later than normal in February, January was quite profitable with 3 wins and even February started with a win and then normal service was resumed with 1 win and 2 draws in the next 11 games. The last home game with fans in the stadium where as usual we jammed a 1-1 draw with Fulham in early March, from that moment on there were no fans in the stadium. So blaming the fans is utter bollox, of course unless when you claim 'certain fans' they are 2 posters on this forum and SL took their council?

We should have been flying after all we had just signed a new 5mil striker, who couldn't stop scoring at QPR and scored 5 goals in 17 games for us and has scored 11 goals since.

Ultimately the players got Johnson sacked with spineless performances and carried that on with Holden and now Pearson (7 of those players started at Coventry). And the blame is firmly at the door of SL and him alone, he allowed a shockingly poor recruitment policy to just run rampant at the club and when the cupboard was bear allowed Holden to buy one player and he even allowed that happen with the player being seriously injured but hey we got him cheaper because the other teams with bigger budgets and had offered bigger money pulled out, SL has taken his eye off of the playing side of our club and even now he is trying to get our new CEO to claim (but with no conviction) that we have a strong squad, have we bollox.

Since the beginning of January 2020 soon to be 2 years please tell me the last time our squad has played consistently not 3 or 4 games here or there, properly consistently? and while your at it tell me since Birmingham away last season when has Palmer, or since QPR away last season when has ODowda effected a game positively? or a game since early games back from Aberdeen has Vyner actually had a mistake free game?

However on the bright side you are correct it has quite obviously not gone well and the blame is at the door of the owner 100%, he put far too much trust in Ashton.

13. oneforthebristolcity

I said certain fans, not all.. there seemed from what I was reading a pressure towards the owner a change was required to step us up to the next level, progress was required and expected.. A new manager came across as being the answer although, there wasn’t much out there to choose from that was available, or necessary better than what we had.. so much so, we dithered as usual and ended up with DH.. and for the first dozen games, there were those saying, how wonderful he was, how much better he had them playing and how LJ must have been holding them back.. oh that’s until it all started going sour!!
    I still ignore and disagree with you regarding certain players.. I do however agree that LJ couldn’t get the best from some.. not to say, with the right manager and along with decent additions, they could be so much better..
    but heyho I’m bored of arguing with you about it.. you just rant on about the same things!!

14. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

What utter horse *** <laugh>

Kettle, black, pot.

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

So the fans never got rid of him then? SL did.

You are correct about about Holden's first dozen games and you have pretty much admitted that it was the players, LJ couldn't get them to play in the end and after the honeymoon neither could Holden and that has carried on and gradually got worse and worse to where we now find ourselves, please what else could it be?

You can ignore what you want, I don't give a toss, the facts are on my side:-
    ODowda 147 games - 7 goals - 10 assists.
    Wells 75 games - 16 goals - 4 assists.
    Palmer 69 games - 6 goals - 6 assists.
    If you honestly believe that there is anything other than 10mil worth of players who play the odd good game in every 10, then we are truly f*****. Those stats cover 3 different managers since they signed, they are appalling stats.

The right manager? who is that Harry Potter? 3 managers and upwards of 10 coaches have failed, in a way I would like to see us bring in another manager and when he fails as he will, maybe even you will get it.

This is not ranting it is exactly what has happened since January 2020 again the facts totally bear that out:-
    Played 84. Won 27. Drawn 14. Lost 43.
    Unlike your opinion which is exactly that, not a single fact to back a word of it up.

16. oneforthebristolcity

Well you believe it, so it must be right..

17. oneforthebristolcity

Same old same old..

18. oneforthebristolcity

19. oneforthebristolcity

Yep Kettle, black, pot!! Available on Amazon I believe! <laugh>

20. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Prove me wrong with some facts, the rot started in January 2020, up until then things were incredibly frustrating because good starts to our seasons were being wasted by even poorer finishes to the season, but we were safe, but from that moment on everything changed for the worst.

Prove me wrong with some facts about the 3 players stats I showed you.

and give me an idea about the magician who you believe would be capable of polishing these turds.

I believe it and so do most other City fans, it is going to take much more than another change of manager to turn us around with some of this squad, it is going to take a significant financial commitment to make quality signings an area sadly overlooked by the owner.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    Red Robin and Redprintt like this.