1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tips / Bets Inbetweeners Go Betting

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brian Storm, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Roker Riches Week 11: Derby Day Betting Picks!
    By GRokerReport@GRokerReport on Mar 17, 2016, 7:38a +

please log in to view this image

Ian MacNicol/Getty Images

Week #11 sees the Roker Report betting team faced with a difficult prospect - are we prepared to put our money where our mouths are and back Sunderland to beat Newcastle?

 TWEET SHARE (15) PIN
    There were two winners last week - Gav's £20 bet on both teams to score in the Swansea v Bournemouth game at evens came in, meaning he was £10 up overall, and Brian's four-fold meant he made £12.17 profit.

The rest of the lads were.... unlucky. Yeah. Unlucky.

Jim missed a week so I'm docking him a tenner.

Week #10 Table:

Pundit Last Week's Profit/Loss Current Balance
    @GRokerReport + 10.00 £95.00
    @FunkyPhallus + £12.17 £72.14
    @Jim_Holmes_101 - £10.00 £55.00
    @RoryFallow - £8.00 £29.00
    @DJRoberts22 - £10.00 £27.80
    @SAFCsource - £10.00 -£16.50

@RoryFallow
    The Tyne-Wear derby seems to have it's foundations built on penalties. Borini standing on the advertising boards, a masked Nicklas Bendtner tucking one away in front of the Gallowgate and who can forget Sorensen denying Shearer.

With Defoe, Borini and Khazri running at Steven Taylor, you do get the feeling that we could get a spot kick against Newcastle for the second time this season. Betfair offer a nice 4/1 for a penalty to be awarded (to either side) and I'll place £5 on it.

Ours isn't the only derby taking place on Sunday either. At 4pm Manchester City host Manchester United and I can see a dull 0-0 occurring. City looked blunt going forward against Norwich and United will probably set up for a draw, going off their recent displays. Coral are offering 10/1 for there to be no goalscorer and I'll chuck another desperate fiver on that.

Picks:

Penalty to be awarded in the Newcastle v Sunderland game: 4/1 - £5

Man City v Man Utd to finish 0-0: 10/1 - £5

@SAFCSource
    To say the derby on Sunday is going to be a tight, nerve-racking game would be an understatement, and because of that I am going to avoid predicting a result or scoreline. Instead I am going to stick with bets that should come in regardless of the result. So putting £5 on Jermain Defoe to score at anytime (9/4) and both teams to score - which considering the defensive records of both teams should be nailed on - (10/11) in a double.

Runaway League Two leaders Northampton are away to Stevenage - who are down in 22nd - and should have enough to beat the strugglers. Stevenage have lost without scoring in their last four games, a similar result wouldn't be a surprise.

Picks:

Jermain Defoe anytime/Both teams to score (double): 6/1 - £5

Northampton to win to nil: 12/5 - £5

@GRokerReport
    *Gulp*

F**k it. £30 on us to beat them black and white twats. Haway me bonny lads.

Elsewhere..... Athletico Madrid and Bilbao both have away games against sides they should be beating this weekend. £15 on both of those sides to win returns £50.60.

Picks:

Sunderland to beat Newcastle: 5/2 - £30 returns £105.00

Bilbao & Athletico Madrid to both win: 3.37/1 - £15 returns £50.60

@FunkyPhallus
    The odds on there being a red card in Sunday's game aren't great and Martin Atkinson has only sent one player off all season, so I'm going to take a different punt on the cards - I'm going to place a fiver on a yellow to be shown in the first ten minutes of the match.

My second bet is simple Swansea and Spurs double. I think this is sure to come in so will place a hefty stake.

Picks:

Yellow card to be given in the opening ten minutes of the NUFC v SAFC game: 4/1 - £5

Swansea to beat Villa and Spurs to beat Bournemouth double: 1.41/1 - £25

@DJRoberts22
    I have no idea once again with my Sunderland bet, so, a stab in the dark - I'm going to go for both teams to score with the final result being a draw. A fiver on 15/4 odds wields me a £23.75 return.

For my second bet, I'm going put on a fiver for League One side Walsall to beat bottom placed Colchester, League Two Leyton Orient to pick up a home win against Morecambe and Crawley Town to win or draw against Hartlepool.

I'll finish it off with two Championship bets, with Burnley to see off Wolves and Birmingham claiming the three points at home against a Fulham side that sit fourth bottom of the Championship form table.

Picks:

Skunks v Sunderland, both teams to score and draw: 15/4 - £5

Walsall, Leyton Orient, Burnley and Birmingham to win & Crawley to win or draw: 11.68/1 - £5

2. Brian Storm

Roker Riches: Week #13 - Rory At The Double!
    By GRokerReport, Andy Tomlinson, RoryFallow, Brian Cummins, and Danny Roberts on Mar 31, 2016, 7:11a +

Stu Forster/Getty Images

Another new leader, but who?

 TWEET SHARE (7) PIN
    Rory Fallow this week became the first person to win both of their bets since the competition began, and his huge profit of £87.50 sees him surge to the top of the leaderboard.

It was a good week for the Roker Reporters - of the four that took part, everyone won something.

Brian is docked a tenner for missing a week.

Week #12 Table:

Pundit Last Week's Profit/Loss Current Balance
    @GRokerReport + £31.76 £81.76
    @FunkyPhallus - £10.00 £92.52
    @RoryFallow + £87.50 £106.50
    @DJRoberts22 + £4.94 £46.49
    @SAFCsource

+ £7.50 £11.00
    @RoryFallow
    Yes! Not just one win for me last week, both of my bets came off! I'll take the £10 I got back from my Antoine Greizmann/France to win bet and stick it on Jermain Defoe to score anytime against West Brom. Paddy Power is offering 11/5 so £10 would see an overall return of £32.

Elsewhere in the Premier League, Bet Victor are offering 9/1 for Watford to beat Arsenal. Considering Watford recorded a recent 2-1 win at The Emirates in the FA Cup, this one is well worth a fiver. If Quique Sanchez Flores' men can once again defeat The Gunners, then I'll have an overall winnings of £50. Come on you Hornets!

Picks:

Jermain Defoe to score at any time against West Brom: 11/5 - £3.50

Watford to beat Arsenal: 9/1 - £5

@SAFCSource
    We may have performed better of late and may have lost just one of the last six but we only drew the last three games, despite leading in all three and we could have been all but safe if we had been able to keep a clean sheet. The late levelers against Southampton and Newcastle have really meant this game is a must win and we come up against an already safe but very inconsistent West Brom. I can't imagine a game between sides managed by Sam Allardyce and Tony Pulis being full of goals but I am going to pick us to pick up all three points and finally get that much sought after clean sheet.

Palace may been in the FA Cup Semi-final have been in dreadful form in the Premier League, in fact they haven't won in the league since before Christmas. That won't change this weekend as Alan Pardew takes his team to the Boleyn Ground to take on West Ham. I'm taking the Champions League chasing home side to pick up a comfortable win and leave Palace looking over their shoulders.

Picks:

Sunderland to win to nil: 9/4 - £5

West Ham to win by three or more goals: 13/2 - £5

@FunkyPhallus
    I'll get the dreaded Sunderland bet out of the way first. I think we'll win this. We have to. But we can't keep a clean sheet for ****, so that means goals. Sunderland to win and +2.5 goals is 3/1 with 365 and I'm having some of it.

Next up is a Premier League treble. Arsenal have been poor off late and have pretty much blown their chance of winning the title, however their champions league slot could still be under threat if their form continues in failing to deliver. This is why I expect them to re-find their feet. Watford have won at the Emirates this season but I don't think they can do it again.

West Ham are in a sweet vein of form and Palace are doing a 'Pardew' just in time to risk relegation - no brainer this one with West ham to win. Last in the treble is Manchester United against Everton - both sides are hit and miss but I fancy the home team to pick up the three points.

Picks:

Sunderland to win & +2.5 goals: 3/1 - £5 stake returns £20

Arsenal (1/3), West Ham (19/20), Man U (19/20) all to win:4.07/1 - £15 stake returns £76.05

@GRokerReport
    Well, I guess considering the money I lost on derby weekend a profit of £31.76 isn't bad, really.

Being wise with my money is clearly the way to go, although it's very hard when you have to place a bet on a team as unpredictable as Sunderland. That said, I really fancy us to win this weekend - £10 on that with Betway returns £21, with odds of 11/10.

Elsewhere Rotherham United are in fine form and host Leeds United this weekend, whilst down in League Two Accrington Stanley are the form side, winning their last three. They host mid-table Cambridge, and a double of Rotherham and Accrington returns £42.16 off a tenner.

Picks:

Sunderland to beat WBA: 11/10 - £10

Rotherham & Accrington double: 4.21/1 - £10

@DJRoberts22
    My Sunderland bet this week is… uhm. Well, I have no idea really, but I think we might, hopefully, maybe, oh god please let us get a clean sheet. So with that blind faith, I’ll go for us to pick up a 1-0 win, which comes in at 11/2 and a fiver will see me wield a nice £32.50 return.

I’m going to take a risk in my first bet of my standard acca. In League One, play-off rivals Bradford and Scunthorpe face each other at Valley Parade, and with the form Bradford are in, I’m going to go for a home win – which helps up my odds. As Wigan also look almost untouchable currently, I’ll add them to pick up an away win against Shrewsbury. In League Two, it’s easy money to add champions-elect Northampton to beat struggling Notts County and in the National League, I’ll back Tranmere to beat Welling.

Picks:

Sunderland to win 1-0: 11/2 - £5

Bradford, Wigan, Northampton and Tranmere to win: 6.97/1 - £10

3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

4. Brian Storm

You've gone with that to play cashout haven't you? Never really tried that. If things go bad early, like none of the games having goals in the first half, you never really get a decent cash out op. Don't have the ball for it I don't think. It's like a mini gamble within your bet. Mind you, if thing go right early the cash out is going to spiral.

5. Tel (they/them)

I don't get cash-out as an option mate it's all or nowt, Laddies don't offer it where goals are required in bets like these or goals galore/goal crazy. This is a straight bet, I'll have a few others, based on wins/draws only but I usually do a treble like this to hit big winnings. I've won two, out of about 30 that I've tried, mostly fivers or £3 bets, I just fancied a tenner this time for some reason.

Brian Storm likes this.
  6. Brian Storm

Well slap my thighs and call me a duck molester. Good look with that <yikes>

I've got two doubles. Man U-Chelsea and Arsenal-West Ham. My Roker Riches picks are off a pretend budget. I had enough winnings to keep up with it but got my ps3 pass for a year, fifa 16 and some clothes instead. :p

TEL likes this.
  7. Tel (they/them)

Yeah, you are a duck molester to be fair.

I'll have another £15 (£5 each) on 3 accas, I'll do one 7 fold, one 6 fold and one 6/7 fold goals galore. They usually pay between £120 and £170 if they come in.

Haven't spent a penny on Xbox since I bought Fallout, I'm level 50 now and I think I'm almost done with the main mission, then I'll do Fallout 3 backwards compatible, that I got free included in my purchase, so I'm set for a while <ok>

8. Brian Storm

Loving fallout 4 then?

9. Tel (they/them)

Getting a bit boring now actually, there's not really that much left out there that can kill me and the story has gone a bit ridiculous, but no spoilers <ok>

10. Brian Storm

I always find the first and middle parts of the game best. Eventually you get so strong you've got to crank up the difficulty so it doesn't get boring.

TEL likes this.

11. Brian Storm

My 5er on Man U- Chelsea came in and returned 15.70. Piled it all on Tel Aviv-Inter double. Tel Aviv already 1-0 up.

TEL likes this.
  12. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

My bet on Saturday gone. 3 x £2 doubles plus a £4 treble. Total £10
    Crazy chic 4/1
    Briery Glen 11/4
    Secret Brief 12/1

Returned £1240.
    Yippee

Blunham Mackem likes this.
  13. Tel (they/them)

Proof or it never happened. Them's the rules.

14. Gil T Azell

ang on then al suss out how to upload n image. Not very techy minded

15. Tel (they/them)

I was kidding mate we believe you.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  16. Gil T Azell

There you go...Yippeeeee

Brian Storm and TEL like this.
  17. Tel (they/them)

Yeah but did they actually win?

We are going to need to see video evidence of the races mate.

18. Gil T Azell

Right c*nt, do one.<laugh>

TEL likes this.
  19. Tel (they/them)

Congrats mate, beautiful win <ok>

Brian Storm and Gil T Azell like this.
  20. Brian Storm