1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

City transfer thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, May 28, 2015.

1. StevensonKieran

2. South West 'Ulltra

South West 'Ulltra Well-Known Member

3. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Steve Bruce wants Abel Hernandez to stay and fire Hull back into the Premier League
    STEVE BRUCE wants to Abel Hernandez to fire Hull back into the Premier League - despite flopping in his first season at the club.

please log in to view this image

By Dave Lyons / Published 3rd August 2015

GETTY

BAD SEASON: Hernandez flopped in the Premier League
    Hernandez cost a club record £10m from Palermo last summerbut he scored just four goals in 26 games.

The striker, 24, has made it clear he wanted to quit the Yorkshire outfit and return to Italy.

But Serie A rivals Torino, Sampdoria, Genoa and Bologna have failed to follow up their interest with firm bids.

Tigers boss Bruce said: "We have had no offers for Abel. There's all this nonsense going around that we'd loan him out, but we don't have to do that.

"He can conjure a goal out of nothing, and I want the transfer window to close with Abel still here."

4. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Oops!!!! Sorry

5. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

6. Quill

Quill Bastard

First thing he needs to do is just shave his ****ing head and leave it.

7. StevensonKieran

I did go actually, and he wasn't that impressive. One goal and good touch in pre season doesn't make him the £10m player he's supposed to be......

8. Premier_Bound_Tiger

Premier_Bound_Tiger Well-Known Member

Bruce trying to force interested parties into offering money up front for Abel? Imagine we want money in now to help with FFP

9. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

I suspect Mr Bruce is putting a certain spin on things, just in case the like of Torino think we`re giving him away, unless there has been a marked improvement in the guys attitude

10. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Sounds like N'Doye is definitely on his way to Turkey for 3.5 mill. I would have thought with his scoring record at Copenhagen etc we could have got closer to 5 mill. But he clearly wants out and with Grey and Akpom plus Jelavic, if he doesn't go to Werder Bremen, and Luer we should be ok. Not too surprised that Bruce wants to keep Hernandez. There is potential there, as we saw on Sunday and at West Ham, if we change our tactics to play to his and Grays strengths.

11. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

I'd put him in for the first few games and then if he is still not performing against lower class defenders, then it's time to ship him.

Alternatively if he gets a few goals, then we may as well keep him until Jan to see if we can recoup more of the fee than is being offered currently.

12. South West 'Ulltra

South West 'Ulltra Well-Known Member

Was 10x more impressive than Jelavic and N'Doye... he did what he's paid to do. If he can continue to produce in the Championship, I'll be happy.
    Gray, Akpom, Luer, Jelavic, Aluko and Hernandez would a bloody decent strike force in this division.

CANADATIGER likes this.
  13. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Surely it would be in AH's interest to play well in the opening games - might convince any watching Italians that he's worth a punt

14. 1MoreAgain

1MoreAgain Well-Known Member

Why would we want to ship him out in january if he scores goals that is insane,he may well improve drastically by having a lot more game time and some trust showed to him.

15. Premier_Bound_Tiger

Premier_Bound_Tiger Well-Known Member

Think N'Doye has a release clause of £3.5m

He's suspended for the first 3 games only about a week left of the window after that

16. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

Ah - forgot about that. So it's cross your fingers time or alternatively get ****ed over by Torino.

17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

He can conjure a goal out of nothing? Eh? Based on what?

He's only ever scored for us from crosses, a penalty and a tap-in, I don't think I've ever seen him turn his man or create space by himself or anything like that. That statement couldn't be less appropriate.

I know he scored with a good finish yesterday, but finishing has never been his problem, it's effort and balls. He doesn't have either, and both are more important in the Championship. You can guarantee in a competitive game he won't end up in a situation like that where he just has to gently shrug his man off to score, after one pass put him in. It was brilliantly taken, but a pre-season goal if ever there was one.

18. Pauly Paul

Pauly Paul Active Member

Ellewoods is wrong. All Brentford fans would happily accept £8m for Gray. Many won't accept £4m plus addons.

19. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Isn't that the same thing he says about Aluko and the same thing he said about Proswitz? I bet if you ask him about Jelly he will also say he can create goals out of nothing.

20. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

You were saying earlier or yesterday they don't think it will take anywhere near £8m to get him, now they think that £8m is laughably too little?