1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jamie Vardy.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Jun 3, 2016.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

If you verbally abuse somebody then it's abuse. If you add a disparaging term for somebody's race in with that abuse then it's racially aggravated verbal abuse. I think that's pretty straightforward to be honest.

If somebody told a black person to '**** off' it's abusive, if they say '**** off N*****' then it clearly has a racial element. I don't think there can be any complaints to be honest.

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yeah i know, i just meant in terms of the race.

Obviously i get theres different elements to it, Nigger is definitely racist as that has been a derogatory word used in periods of black suppression. Calling someone a black cnut or a chinese cnut or whatever though, legally its racially aggravated verbal abuse but those words are used in daily language and for me just the use of it shouldn't itself make someone racist or necessarily be racially aggravated verbal abuse (unless the were calling them that only because they were of that race). The only reason i believe is that its very hard to prove someone is deliberately racist and its much easier to convict based upon something heard.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep. I hear what you're saying. I just think that once you add in a racial element you can't avoid it being termed as racially aggravated.

Vardy saying 'jog on jap' doesn't mean he hates Japanese people, but by using the term he's given the abuse a racial element.

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> ... pretty much my take .. indeed, couldn't have put it better myself ...<laugh>

5. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

A few reports this week saying that Vardy has decided not to join Arsenal.
    Probably true cause if he was coming I think he would have made the decision prior to the Euros.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Will anybody really be that gutted if he doesn't join ?

7. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

Itll be well embarrasing for us, unless (doubtful) weve got another attacker lined up to sign straight after the euros

8. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Think it's the right call tbh. He gets to remain the big fish at a club who love him and our enthusiasm at getting him was luke warm at best. I still think he'd have been decent for us but I'm tired of us looking at stop gap solutions.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  9. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

As vardy kept calling the bloke a "Jap" therefore bringing his race into it then it was he that played the "race card."
    This "pc" gone mad thing pissed me off to be honest.
    I get ****ed off with people but never bring their race into it. I ain't no pc gone mad freak...I just ain't a racist ****.
    Vardy shouldnt drink if it makes him behave like that.
    May the course he attended will change his ignorant views but to be honest by time you are 30 ish you ought to ****ing know better

Rant over...and breathe

lazarus20000, NLDISRED and PINKIE like this.
  10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I love how the media is trying to say that Jamie Vardy's rejection of Arsenal says something about our soo called 'decline'.
    (Sky sports are currently running a ridiculous article on this)

Firstly - who the **** is Jamie Vardy? Would his opinion on anything else be taking seriously?..No because he's just a footballer. And he is clearly not the sharpest tool in the box.

Secondly - We have been improving - there is no decline. League positions tell us that.

Third - How does a second place finish for Arsenal attract considerably more criticsm than a 5th place finish for United?? (who have again finished outside the Champions league places!) - Wenger has NEVER flopped the way Liverpool, Chelsea or United have in recent years - yet he is the manager constantly berated by the British press.

11. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Wenger hasn't won a major trophy since 2004. How he has kept his job at a supposed big club is a joke. Man Utd, Chelsea and probably even Liverpool will win the league before Arsenal unless you sack Wenger

12. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Just been announced by LCFC that Vardy has signed a new 4 year contract with us. Should get a nice reception from you boys second game of the season.

13. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Not like many Arsenal fans wanted him to start with, would have been an awful move for both player and club.

As long as Wenger is actually looking at other targets that is.. Morata scoring a few goals in the Euros has ended any chance we had of signing him

14. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Firstly, very few managers could have won the league at Arsenal between 2006-2010 - we were operating on a TINY budget (about the same as Sunderland) post Stadium move. It's a convenient fact that a lot of people like to ignore.

In the last 5 years Wenger has under-performed for sure. But he's not fallen apart or flopped the same way Moyes, Van Gaal or even Mourinho have.
    Liverpool haven't won the league since the early 90's.

Wenger gets a disproportionate amount of critiscm from the British press and always has.

15. PeterRICK

Duuuuude...don't bite.

Good news though. Leicester, who I like, keep their talisman and we get to move on and (hopefully) get a player we actually want and who (hopefully) isn't a little bit racist.

PINKIE and TheBear like this.
  16. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Much bigger then little old Leicester's <whistle>

17. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... perhaps a veritable paragon of virtue, decorum, exemplary manners and a behavioural role model? ...another Jack Wilshire <whistle>

18. PeterRICK

Good point. That can of worms has been shut for a whole 5 days now. Probably time to open it again <laugh>

FosseFilberto likes this.
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Is it racist to mock people from N17 though ? <whistle>

20. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

They ain't people, so go for it.

PINKIE likes this.