1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ex-Manager Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ElliotMP, Mar 28, 2016.

?

Who would you have as our next Manager

1. Eddie Howe

8.0%
  2. David Moyes

3.3%
  3. Unai Emery

45.1%
  4. Ryan Giggs

1.9%
  5. Frank De Boer

8.5%
  6. Steve Bruce

2.3%
  7. André Villas-Boas

22.1%
  8. Anyone that Uncle Les picks

30.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

lol - naive much. What he said publicly weeks ago wasn't being mirrored by the fact that his agent was still in contact with Everton, and the 'no' was delivered last Tuesday.

2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

His old agent Tobes, that's why Ron changed, he wasn't happy with the way they were dealing with his business.

3. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

Which is probably why he changed agent...beaten to it by Saints Alive of course :emoticon-0100-smile

4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'm being the naive one here Tobes. How often have you been listening to Koeman? The last 4 weeks since you've been sniffing around? This man says it how it is. He is often too honest, but honest he is. Ask him a question and you get a straight answer.

I don't suppose there is any chance that your naivety missed that maybe his agent was keeping the "No" to Everton til last? I'm not doubting that is when Everton were told that as you clearly know some one close to the action there, but that doesn't mean that is when he decided.

Ever been dumped by a girl and then were surprised to learn that everyone already knew? <laugh>

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

His agent is employed to get the best deal for his client so that might be the case, I don't know.

However the definitive 'no' last Tuesday is a fact, and maybe Cross's article today is said agent cranking up the pressure on Soton in terms of his market value when it comes to his contract negotiations?

The only reason I posted this morning was to pour scorn on the Mirror article, so we're on the same page anyway <ok>

Saints_Alive likes this.
  6. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

If Koeman is out, who would you have Tobes?

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Of the potential candidates I'd be delighted if we could convince Emery to come over

Of the rest I wouldn't want Pelligrini or De Boer and God forbid ....Moyes...(which definitely isn't happening despite the keenness of Kenwright)

Mancini's name has been mentioned but not picked up by the press, I'd be happy with that outcome as well.

I just hope it's concluded this week, as it's dragging on now.

Qwerty likes this.
  8. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

Why are you lot still attacking Tobes - it's getting a little boring now.

Peter Saxton likes this.
  9. Saints_Alive

I wasn't attacking him, just putting him in the picture...

10. Saints_Alive

Simeone wants out of Athletico, Tobes, if you've got money to spend, he could be tempted and Everton would be the only club left to get him into the EPL.

11. fatletiss

Hey Tobes I wasn't having a dig at you. It is a shame though that you won't concede that there is a possibility that the the No we heard was just as emphatic as the No on Tuesday and that Tuesday's No may have just been when it was said to Everton.. I don't doubt that happened on Tuesday, my point is it may have been said elsewhere earlier too.

This is what I don't understand with people, especially opposing fans coming on another board; there is an area between black and white. I have far more respect for posters who can see two sides to a coin and understand that with things like this example, Everton may have been told Tuesday but that doesn't mean that is when Korman made up his mind.

It's not a pissing contest.

12. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. I've been boring on about Pellegrini for months on here, there's no excuse for Man City not winning the league this year and he was 15 points off. If it was Saints I think I would take De Boer but maybe just because he seems like continuity Koeman.

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

That would be a dream come true mate, but I think he'll have much better options on the table than us tbh.

Albeit your point about PL availability is a valid one.

The press would wet their knickers if we managed to pull off a coup like that. We can but dream lol.

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Pelligrini is cut from the same cloth as Martinez. Tactically one dimensional and defensively suspect.

Plus he's 62, and we need someone with real drive imo, and he's on wind down.

15. SaintsFan86

Just wanting a reaction. Pointless - and I come on here thinking there was a update.

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I did concede that was a possibility and I didn't think you were having a pop.

Albeit, you can never take public utterances as being entrenched positions. The 'no' spoken weeks ago was probably before contact was made. These situations are always fluid mate. It is what it is, but the outcome in this case is that he's being good to his word, so happy days for Soton. <ok>

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

These lads are polite and a good set mate - I genuinely like this board.

I've had far worse than this haha, Sunderland comes to mind a while back lol.

It's all good fun though, that's what makes multi club forums more interesting than the club specific ones. Thanks anyway bud <ok>

SaintsFan86 likes this.
  18. fatletiss

Woah. Get a grip. Nobody is attacking Tobes, were just pointing out alternatives to what's happened. Surely that's ok?

19. SaintsFan86

20. fatletiss

Tobes - nobody had attacked you this morning. We're just trying to point out that this situation may have different scenarios.

Good job I'm not sensitive at being called "naive" eh? I think that's the only slight on anyone's person in all the posts this morning... and it wasn't taken as one.