1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

Resorting to insults? That rich coming from you, as for not being good at this stuff well my talents lie elsewhere.

EDIT... 'Take the pain' what exactly does that mean?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Say's the expat boiling like a spud in the Spanish Sunshine :grin:

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Point out where I have used insults rather than arguments and I'll apologise.

It was 'avoid the pain', meaning the pain of reading stuff that irritates you.

Enjoy your other talents.

4. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I think we agree. MigrationWatch does come with the agenda that the current scale of immigration is unsustainable. There will be those that dissent. As you say, some employer-backing organisations want more immigrants - in my view, taking skilled labour from countries that can ill-afford to lose it, probably at a more economic rate and certainly cheaper than training up our own people.

I have yet to see anyone successfully challenge MigrationWatch's facts and statistics. The organisation performs an important function in this respect, and were putting out facts at a time when many on the left alleged racism just for addressing the issue. We all know better now. How you interpret the facts is something else, of course. The EU migration is not so worrying as the diaspora from the Middle East. Refugee organisations are saying that the 28 member states can assimilate the 350,000 that have come so far...but make no mention of the millions that will follow if they think there is a comfortable and prosperous home for them in Europe

5. Madrid_Ranger

And up pops swords bang on cue
    yep and loving every minute of it, cerveza o'clock now, a little early but busy weekend ahead'.

Swords Hoopster. likes this.
  6. Madrid_Ranger

You have called me ignorant and implied that I am a bigot. But please don't apologize, I'll think I'll survive.
    My other talents, I will enjoy.

7. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Please note this is not aimed at sb_73, Madrid_Ranger, Swords or anyone else. It's just me with my talent of being a clown and trying to lighten the mood on this thread:emoticon-0148-yes:

please log in to view this image

<laugh> Sorry, could not resist. Have a good weekend everyone<cheers>

kiwiqpr, KooPeeArr and Shawswood like this.
  8. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

<laugh>

UTRs likes this.
  9. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

You do realise that this thread was the rejuvenation of the election thread where the board showed itself to be overwhelmingly to the right (and were very vocal on the subject).

If "bullying" is the term you'd like to use then the original thread would be an eye opener for you.

Stroller likes this.
  10. Swords Hoopster.

Pedro's a nice lad but he doesn't do irony. A bloke who doesn't live in the UK constantly worrying about immigration to the UK when he himself is a bloody immigrant somewhere else!

KooPeeArr likes this.

11. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Priceless.

I agree that it's a shame that Chaz no longer posts on here, but it's ludicrous to say he was bullied off the site. As Matt has pointed out, those who you describe as the 'Marx Brothers', by which you seem to mean anyone with a left-of-centre political view, are a very small minority on this board. We, (I include myself as being one of the left-leaning minority) are in no position to bully anybody through weight of numbers. Perhaps it's just stronger arguments and better intellects (the others, not me)?

12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Why did Chaz stop posting? I don't remember him/her being a particularly regular poster anyway

13. Swords Hoopster.

I drove him off the Site. Its a pity because he was a decent poster

sb_73 likes this.
  14. Stroller

please log in to view this image

Can anyone look at this picture of a drowned Syrian child and say that we shouldn't be doing more to help refugees?

Immigration is a separate issue - these are people who are prepared to risk their own lives and those of their children to escape the terror in Syria. They are not economic migrants.

We should be ashamed of our government's lack of action imo.

15. Swords Hoopster.

What do you do? If we let them all in our own Countries become diluted. They're all just humans like us but they have darker skin and primitive belief systems. No-one minds a bit of immigration but they don't want to be overrun either. That's perfectly reasonable.

Then again, I'm a bigot and a racist and there are better men out there (Stroller, Stan, Matty etc) who can see through such things. I'm afraid I struggle to.

16. Bwood_Ranger

We're not going to get overrun. They should be distributed fairly around Europe. The issue I have is countries like Poland who have seen huge levels of emigration refusing to help.

Deleted 1 likes this.
  17. Stroller

There are plenty of indigenous Brits with primitive belief systems, Swords.

Our government's reaction to the refugee crisis has been shameful.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...en-in-would-fit-on-a-tube-train-10482714.html

18. Bwood_Ranger

It's an easy vote winner. Stupid people don't understand the debate properly and get scared that these pesky foreign types will be coming over by the million to take their jobs and shag their women so it makes sense politically to be as unaccommodating as possible.

Deleted 1, Stroller and sb_73 like this.
  19. Stroller

A quote from the independent article:

British Prime Minister David Cameron has reassured his anxious public that the total number won’t rise above 1,000.

We should be demanding that it rises way above 1,000.

Deleted 1 likes this.
  20. Swords Hoopster.

Fair point Dr WATSon. Ireland should never complain even if she had to take 2 million in. If her people weren't taken into, for example the US 150-odd years ago, they'd have been fooked.

Ethnic groups function in odd ways. If you look at America, firstly Europeans (mainly Wasps) went over and all but wiped out the natives who were already there. They then called themselves "natives" (and Know nothings) and tried to stop other immigrants from coming in (eg Irish, Italian, German, Jewish etc). Then once these groups had established themselves, they in turn rallied against the next wave of immigrants and so on. Its like once you're in yourself, you then turn around and roll up the rope ladder so no-one else can get in. On the one hand its kind of understandable, it being human nature and all. But on the other hand its a load of hypocritical bullsh1t.

Deleted 1 and sb_73 like this.