1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Goodhand Arms

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

Easy, reverse the numbers. I'm now in my 20's :D

2. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

I always put my age on my shirts with my nickname above them. That number was 20 for a long time. The story behind the number is only a couple of years old though. and doubled in size for my last shirt. lol

3. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

4. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

So you are 2 ?

5. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

OH NO!!! Sorry ...... Happy birthday!! I'll buy you cake when we finally meet!!!

6. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

7. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

And subtle. :rolleyes:

News reporting without any class whatsoever. Might as well be Fox News from the States. Owned by the same lowlife.

davecg69 likes this.
  8. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Um. Trash.

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/trending-n...rant/412598668

Basically a hibachi chef had a toy that was a little boy that sprays water out of its crotch when you pull its pants down. He used this toy to squirt a woman in the face, and she called the cops for sexual assault.

http://www.newschannel5.com/news/wom...chi-restaurant

One day after this report aired, the Lassiters released the following statement:

"People are missing the point. This was a sexually-oriented toy meant for adults, in front of minor children. We're not trying to make money off of this. If the toy was in a bar, it'd be a different situation, but this was in a family restaurant with 13 to 14 year olds at the table. If people think it's so funny, why don't people go buy that toy and squirt a cop in the face with it and see what happens."

10. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

11. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

12. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

A few years ago a bunch of thugs attacked me and a friend of mine up near the University. They broke my mate's jaw and he was wired up for months - the police said it could have been worse. One of them was done for GBH, convicted of ABH and got a 6 month suspended sentence (he was "only 16") and a fine (which he never paid). That started my antipathy towards the law - something which is getting worse every day ......
    This thug should have the book thrown at him - he should be made to do something menial and something which loses his standing amongst his peers. But he won't - he'll get a slap on the wrist and be allowed to do it again, because, obviously, it takes a big man to punch an older guy who is not expecting anything .......... I'd whip him and put him in the stocks if it were left to me - but I may be accused of being too sensitive ........

13. fran-MLs little camera

I am a believer in stocks....not that I expect them to be reintroduced....because humiliation is a real punishment. No showing off about being a hard man who laughs at punishment....just a wally with people shouting abuse or laughing at them. Be cheap as well.

14. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

With regards to the law, I tend to be a bit draconian.
    I think short, sharp shocks for first offences would go a long way towards stopping youngsters becoming hardened towards the crimes that they commit.
    It seems to me that criminals today, old and young, need to be caught umpteen times before they get to the "threat of jail" stage, by which time crime has become such a part of their life, they won't/can't change, whereas a day or two in a prison cell, after committing their first offence, may have corrected them sooner.

15. fran-MLs little camera

Don't know if my son knows this:bandit: He was picked up for a minor thing....just running around people's gardens. The policeman who phoned me said did I want him scared. Yes, I said. He was duly brought back in the back of a police car, looking cowed, because they told him he was in real trouble. Because he was really a good lad, he learnt his lesson and was never in trouble again. Really helped a single mother.

16. TheSecondStain

Funnily enough, I went through a troublesome 5 minutes as a 12 year old. You could say I got into the wrong company. We had been running around the cemetery at dusk trying to scare ourselves. It was a stupid thing to do. We ended up getting nabbed by a cemetery manager who insisted on getting the police involved. The police came round to my house and my father took my side and defended my naivety and innocence. I wasn't a bad kid, but he promised the officer that I would get a telling off. And boy, did I get one. My moral compass was set straight again. ;)

17. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

We recorded Fable performing Bowie's Let's Dance (in a very different style!) at this year's Glastonbury Festival - which may contain a bit of Prince too! Give it a watch, and if you like it, give it a share too please!!

18. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Very powerful! I would have love to see the response from the crowd at the end, did she go down well?

19. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Yeah people really liked it. Amusingly someone just put this on some guitarists forum and they're moaning "there's not enough bass and the drums are too loud" - well yeah, that's what happens when you listen through computer speakers! And they're meant to be "musos"....

20. TheSecondStain

Sounds pretty good. Then again, I have it running through a half-decent hi-fi. Stereo, of course. None of that 7.1 rubbish. ;)

Le Tissier’s Laces likes this.