1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Science Only Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BBFs Unpopular View, Jan 25, 2016.

1. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

2. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

It was aimed at both of you in general and you in particular as its your thread and you were the one asking for no nonsense.

So can we get back to the issue of adults that throw child like tantrums and the question of are their brains under developed?

Bodinki likes this.
  3. BBFs Unpopular View

You are still here crying Bo..

Laughy faces make you seem insane in that context
    "I'm a woman? You're a woman!"

Great comeback

4. BBFs Unpopular View

Yet you quoted me and these posts have been going since yesterday, I replied to your link btw.. Sadly Bo is being a stirrer that wants me to react so he can claim he was right, when really he just proves I never actually start the ****.

He doesn't get cause and effect

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Whatever you say mate.
    If it makes your ego feel better to picture me crying, go ahead <doh>

6. BBFs Unpopular View

With every post bo you prove my point. You've derailed this thread like ye derailed the other and made it personal

Then you blame me, yet this thread is proof I am right. I started no ****, three of you clowns did, out of nothing
    bitterness

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I have fully admitted that I started this.
    And there is no debate that getting people banned from the thread because you dont agree with what they are saying is wrong, and makes you a coward.

8. BBFs Unpopular View

I believe yesterday your claims were "contentious science", a clue mate, keyword "science".

Now I am banning anyone that disagrees with me..

Anyone that disagrees on the science can argue their science, as shown here, it's a debate.

Anything to discuss? Besides me personally, not a great subject tbh

9. BBFs Unpopular View

I mean I did a bit of decent thinking on NNFs converting the maths description to physical interactions, and not one response.
    Doesn't mean I am right? no, hence the debate

<doh>

10. BBFs Unpopular View

11. BBFs Unpopular View

For anyone claiming I am banning people from this thread.. as Bo did, and one other.

Worth noting, Mods look at a request or complaint, and if it has merit they act, if not they wont. In fact if they see people being intentionally dicks, they might act on their own initiative.

I cant ban anyone <ok> and mods wont ban anyone just for disagreeing with my point of debate, which is essentially what is being claimed by a few.

12. BBFs Unpopular View

Three tracks planned to test 'hyperloop' transportation idea
    January 27, 2016 by By Justin Pritchard
    please log in to view this image

It's a race befitting the goal of moving passengers and cargo at the speed of sound: Three Southern California companies are building separate test tracks to see how well the "hyperloop" transportation concept works in the real world.

Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk breathed life into the hyperloop in 2013, when he proposed a network of elevated tubes to transport specially designed capsules over long distances. Top speed: about 750 mph.

Though momentum to build a hyperloop has been growing since, the concept dates back decades.

Capsules would float on a thin cushion of air and use magnetic attraction and solar power to zoom through nearly airless tubes. With little wind resistance, they could make the 400-mile trip between Los Angeles and San Francisco in about a half-hour. Musk has said that while he does not plan to develop the hyperloop commercially, he wants to accelerate its development.

On Tuesday, his SpaceX rocket launching firm said global infrastructure firm AECOM would build a one-mile track at SpaceX headquarters near Los Angeles International Airport.

If all goes well, by summer's end, the track will host prototype capsules that emerge from a design competition this weekend at Texas A&M University. The prototype pods would be half the size of the system that Musk envisioned and would not carry people.

The track, which seems likely to traverse public rights of way given limited space at SpaceX headquarters, offers "a glimpse into the future" of transportation, said Michael S. Burke, AECOM's chief executive officer. Spokesmen for AECOM and SpaceX would not discuss its cost.

Also planning tracks are two startup companies that took up Musk's challenge to bring the technology to market.

Hyperloop Transportation Technologies Inc. last week sought permits to build a full-scale prototype hyperloop line on a five-mile stretch parallel to Interstate 5 in Central California's sprawling farm region.

A spokesman, Ben Cooke, said the company hopes to do geological surveys and map out the track in the next six months, then start building. The plan is to use a hyperloop to whisk residents around a proposed development called Quay Valley, south of Kettleman City. Preliminary estimates based on construction bids are that the hyperloop's cost will be between $100 million and $170 million, Cooke said.

A second, similarly named company already is building an initial test track in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Hyperloop Technologies Inc. says that track will be used to develop ways to propel capsules. The company plans to build a second, full-scale loop to test a prototype, spokeswoman Meredith Kendall said.

http://phys.org/news/2016-01-tracks-hyperloop-idea.html

Booting around at the speed of sound.. what could go wrong :D

13. moreinjuredthanowen

I'm sure i saw this on the simpsons.

14. BBFs Unpopular View

Monorailllll Monorailllll Monoraaaaaaaaailllll

<laugh>

750 mph tho.. takes the sting out of commuting

15. moreinjuredthanowen

Frankly i don't quite know where you would do this speed between stations unless its a station at LA and a station at vegas cos you'd get to speed about half way and start breaking.

i don't think it'd work for RHC to go to liverpool games in 2 mins from warrington somehow.

16. BBFs Unpopular View

Maybe not but how fast does a standard train go? less than 200mph? This can double that I'd imagine, no friction, so accelerating would be faster i'd say on an air cussion

17. BBFs Unpopular View

and in the US, you'd def hit full speed from state to state, its not going to be much use traveling 6 miles man. or 50, but 500 miles n ****, boom!

18. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Been out all day. Got to say he does make sense but he obviously only gives his view.

here's a link to an article about people who have temper tantrums having a smaller brain, so maybe all the psychobabble about why people are like that is wrong, they are just modern neanderthals
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/emotion...trums-may-be-result-smaller-brain-size-369288

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

@BringBackFootie. you've been quiet for a while but I see you're back in full swing again. <laugh>

20. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

He's in his element when talking about science it seems!

Did anyone see the recent QI that talked about breast feeding? Apparently a mother's breastmilk feeds 2 separate species. Most of the milk is obviously for the baby, but part of it has no nutritional value for the baby but instead feeds the bacteria in the baby's stomach. A bit like a Yakult I guess.

Anyway I thought that was.. Quite Interesting.