1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will we finish?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by nzfoxfan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

You really do talk so much crap just trying to be argumentative and you just make
    yourself look like an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about. You are thick and I'm done talking to you. Consider yourself ignored like Big Fox.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Ok, please carry on posting though you are really funny.

3. Libby

Libby 9-0

It's a tough cycle I agree, but unless you're in CL and can pay big money it's almost impossible to keep them. I'm sure you'll find this out in next year or so.

The other thing being is we are up for sale and we've been paying back money the owner has leant us since her inheritance of us when her father passed. She's more than entitled to do that in my book.

I do maintain though that you can't say multiple players every single Summer and keep getting away with it. Though both our academy and scouting is top notch.

For the record, think Virgil & Bertrand will leave this Summer.

4. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Certainly seems Van Dijk has thrown his toys out and backed Southampton into a corner over moving, would be silly to keep hold of him if hes not even training with the team.

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

**** that I'd keep him.

Happy enough to sign a 6 year deal last Summer you can honour a 3rd of it. He'd soon sort his head out once the window is shut and he realises he's contracted here for the best years of his career.

If we don't make a stand now then we never will...

Number 1 Jasper and Diego like this.
  6. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I agree, same with us and Mahrez. Happy to sign the big bucks last summer...clubs like ours need to take a stand. WBA did it with Berahino and it's done more harm to his career acting like a twat than it did WBA. Was it Everton with Lukaku previously as well making him stay? Clubs have power too, they should not be walked over. I hope you keep him out of principle

7. Champions of England

Don't worry I'll carry on posting, I just won't be engaging in debate with you because it's pointless. I can say grass is green and you'd say it was blue because you're just a wum.

Let's just see how funny I am when we perform exactly as I predict next season, finish above Everton and Southampton and show everyone that we shouldn't be underestimated and written off. Some folk never learn! Enjoy the season!

8. Libby

Libby 9-0

The thing is, as far as I can see, no one has said you definitely won't finish above those 2 (though I'd be suprised if you finish above Everton).

People are just pointing out that some of your logic is flawed and you're applying it to your team but not to others which means no one can have a proper debate with you as you're incapable of rational discussion.

Diego and Saints_Alive like this.
  9. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

He can accurately predict how we will perform next season TLL, even though we have a new manager and possibly new owners...<doh>
    We might do a Ranieri and win the league for all he knows.

Libby likes this.
  10. Champions of England

You know what you seem alright so I'm going to apologise for judging you the same as Diego et al. They've annoyed me by simply refusing to accept that we're anything better than mid-table and rubbished everything I've said. This has got my guard up but I'll drop it and I am able to have a serious debate with anyone who is capable of not arguing for the sake of arguing.

I think Leicester are more ambitious than everyone below Everton, who we still have more money than. We're above them in the rich list, we're a very well known club around the world now and we now have more fans in Asia because Asian supporters of Liverpool and United now support us as a second team, which is deemed completely acceptable with Asian supoorters. This is a reality and one highlighted during our trip to Hong Kong.

Everyone around the world has heard of us now, even those who don't know much about football, the same can't be said about Everton and Southampton or anyone else below. Everton were famous once but mid table mediocrity for 20 years means people don't know who they are anymore and they're not a big club outside of Europe. Nobody else has the money or the global status to seriously aim for European football so while they might "want" to qualify for Europe, it's not their primary target, it's an "it'd be nice if we can get it but top 10 is good". We won't settle for top 10, we want top six and our transfer activity is backing up that ambition.

People accept that City and Chelsea are more ambitious than let's say Tottenham or Arsenal for example. They spend big money to sign big player and pay them big salaries because they want to win stuff. Tottenham and Arsenal don't and neither do they have the same ambitions of "actually" winning leagues, they're happy just "competing" for them but Chelsea and City don't accept that.

So if we happily accept that, why is it so difficult for people to accept that Leicester, whose owners are "seriously, no bullshit, absolutely 100%" looking at City and Chelsea's sustained success and thinking "we have the money and the ambition so why not us?" are more ambitious than other clubs? Give me just ONE good reason why we can't? Why are we different to City and Chelsea who came from nowhere?

Sure we go about it in a different way, ours is building up to that level rather than chucking hundreds of millions for instant success. We're already further along the path than anyone realises and anyone thinking we're just a mid-table side will get a mighty shock next season. Stupid thing is it shouldn't be a shock, we won the league and have only lost Kante and have now significantly strengthened our squad since then. We won our CL group, knocked out the winners of the EL for the past three seasons and only lost to one of the best sides in the world on aggregate because of a dodgy penalty. All this is forgotten, along with our last 13 games because Ranieri's 25 were much more "normal" for Leicester so more accurate but that couldn't be more wrong.

People are blinded by who we "used" to be as a football club but that isn't where we are now or where we're heading. We are extending to 42k as soon as planning permission is approved, hopefully it'll be in time for next summer but how long is a piece of string? When is your extension happening? What about Stoke? WBA and everyone else who supposedly has the same ambitions?

Our owners will spend the money they need to spend in order to stabilise us as a top six club because they have the money and the ambition. They have achieved all of their targets since buying the club and they'll achieve this one. Theyre being well underestimated. Other clubs simply don't have ambitions of breaking that top six, other than Everton but we have more money than everyone else, including Everton. We can't compete with City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal or Liverpool but we have more financial muscle than everyone else, even Spurs, who won't pay as much for a player or pay as much in wages. This isn't dreamland stuff, it's a reality.

11. Champions of England

I'm not predicting how you'll perform, I'm predicting how we will and we'll perform better because we have a better team and are making the better signings, simple as that.

You're not as good as Chelsea and you'll accept that and you're not as good as us but you won't accept that.

12. Saints_Alive

In your opinion. I'll reserve judgement until I see how we line up and how MP2 sets us up and how we perform on the pitch first.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  13. Champions of England

I'll base it on the fact that we are already a team capable of winning the league, having already done it, winning our CL group and knocking out the winners of the EL for the past three seasons. You're not capable of doing this and you're dreaming if you think you are. We're miles ahead of you, unless you think it was a fluke and anyone can do it?

We did it because we're a little bit special and that's why we can win five or six games on the bounce, lose only four games in 47 and when you take out Ranieri's 25 games where he changed our style of play, we've played 60 and picked up 128 points, that's an average of 2.13/ppg or 81 over a season funnily enough. You're not capable of picking up points consistently at 2.13/ppg but we are.

This is the difference between us and why we're simply better than we're given credit for. You're judging us on those 25 games and ignoring the 60.

14. Saints_Alive

I'm not judging your team at all, i'm going into a new season with an open mind. You say that Ranieri was the cause of your poor season, well maybe Puel had something to do with ours?.
    What happened two seasons ago is largely irrelevant, Chelsea finished below us then and your aging team is two years older, we have a young team and have academy players that you probably don't know about knocking on the door of our team.
    The new manager will play a high pressing, high tempo style as opposed to last season's slow, possession style so it is impossible yet to say what we might achieve.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Using rational logic, I wonder how this will turn out...

BTW I hope you do better this season then last - have relatives that I kinda like in Southampton so have a soft spot for you :emoticon-0148-yes:

Saints_Alive likes this.
  16. Saints_Alive

Cheers mate, funnily enough I have relatives in Loughborough and they are Foxes, so I was cheering for you two years ago..<cheers>

EDIT: Plus I hate the Spuds....<laugh>

17. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I have a lot of time for Southampton. A good club who do things the right way.
    You make a valid point about Spurs as well <laugh>

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I have a cousin who is a Spurs fan so I am ambivalent - would have preferred them to win over Chelsea last season...

19. Champions of England

You call that a poor season when you finished in the same places as always? You managed to finish one place higher once and 8th to 10th is about right. I don't think you should be lower than 8th or 9th but no higher. City, United, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester are the best seven and I think you're better than Everton too but I imagine you competing with them more than us. We're too consistent and simply too good, hence why we've picked up 128 points from 60 games while playing "our style" of football, which Pearson brought in, Ranieri continued then subsequently changed before Shakey changed it back. We're not Ranieri's 25 games from last season, we're the other 60 games in which we lost eight I think against Chelsea, Arsenal x 3, Liverpool, City, Everton and Spurs, the last three when we didn't have a defence or midfield.

Chelsea won the league and then were crap before winning it again, we won it, we're crap for a season but because we're Leicester we can't possibly be considered the same threat as Chelsea but what a load of bollocks. We've lost ONE player and since winning the league have added Musa, Slimani, Ndidi, Maguire, Iborra and Ilheanacho next. Our ageing side will have Chilwell, Gray, Ndidi and Ilheanacho in it next season and they're all 20. We have Vardy, Okazaki, Benny, Simpson and Kasper who are 30, Fuchs 31 and Morgan and Huth 32/33, the rest of our squad are 27 and under, not ageing at all.

When you can consistently pick up 2.13/ppg over 60 games then I will consider you as a threat but until then you're not because we're not fighting for top 10.

Oh and that's also using logic!!

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

When you can do it for 60 consecutive games we will all start to believe you are a threat.

Libby and Saints_Alive like this.