1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Wells Fargo Golf tournament at Quails Hollow

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, May 1, 2012.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

This week the US golf tour comes to Quails Hollow, North Carolina, at a course that will really test your all round game. This is a beast of a course where ANYTHING under par for the last 3 holes, which is famously called the 'Green Mile' is good...!!! So you need to at your best coming down the back stretch when the pressure is at its most, and knowing how to finish off your round or closing out a tournament win is essential. Also the fairway to green shots have to be accurate as anything off the green usually gets punished. So scrambling down from just off the greens is needed so to not drop too many shots...

Rory Mcilroy is favourite and prob because of his win here 2 years ago, and he will know how to get round here for the win, but 7/1 is no price for me. Woods @ 8/1, Micky @ 10/1 and Westwood @ 14/1 make the top 4 in the betting and at they all have a great chance, though Woods seems very short yet again for a man who is woefully out of form with his game...(he will prob hose up now ive said that...!!!)

So again im looking at the longer odds men...

Hunter Mahon @ 20/1 and Keegan Bradley @ 33/1 fit the frame for who i think will be there or there abouts near the end... And a cheeky outsider in Matt Every @ 100/1

Mahon is one of the players that im just following in the big tournaments regardless, Matt Kuchar being the other, and Keegan Bradley has already won this year and is high in the rankings of scrambling and putting, which is essential around here...

Hunter Mahon @ 20/1
    Keegan Bradley @ 33/1
    Matt Every @ 100/1

PadPow pay e/w top 5... Good luck if you have a play...<cheers>

2. redcgull

Well not the start i would like for this tournament, but its decided over 4 rounds not 1... But its a long way back for Hunter...!!!

After the 1st round... Leaders @ -7

K. Bradley... T39 @ -2
    H. Mahon... T95 @ +1
    M. Every withdrew...

Furiousiceman, i hope you followed your last pick at the Zurich, Webb Simpson. He is currently tied in 1st place and is currently the 9/2 fav...!!!

My two picks have drifted out, not surprisingly, with Bradley @ 40/1 and Hunter @ 80/1...!!! We shall see what the next round brings... As you just never know...<cheers>

3. redcgull

After the 2nd round... Leader @ -12

H. Mahon... T34 @ -3
    K. Braddley... -2 missed cut...

Hunter has now drifted to a great price of 125/1... So he's got no 'effin chance...<doh> But having looked at the betting for the last 2 rounds Stuart Cink, who is only 2 shots behind is at a very tempting price of 16/1...!!! If you see that the current leader of Nick Watney is at 3/1, then 2nd place Webb Simpson at -11 is a 10/3 shot i think Cink is great value even if its to place top 4...

So with my other picks shot down in flames or struggling im having a little nibble at Cink...

Stuart Cink @ 16/1...

4. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Good ending with some great golf played overall, Rickie Fowler nailing his wedge shot into the first play-off hole to become a first time winner on the PGA tour(long overdue). Red, don't worry you'll get the winner of TPC Sawgrass next week, should be a cracker.

5. redcgull

STH - Cheers pal... It was a good tournament and some exciting missed shots as well as the made ones... Glad for Ricky but someone needs to have a word with him though... That get up he had on, all in orange, made him look like he had just broke out of Florida's County Jail...!!! Just needed his prison number written on his shirt and the police would have bagged him...<laugh><laugh>

Anyway its Sawgrass next and im going to get my head down and do some homework for this one... Interesting that after his amazing round of -6 Westwood is talking up his chances by saying this course suits him... Well he better carry that form through to Sawgrass as this one is a tough test...

Bring it on...!!!