1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Crowne Plaza Invitational Golf tournament

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, May 23, 2012.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

This weeks PGA tour stops off in Fort Worth, Texas, and we have a good field playing this course. The hot shots of Rickie Fowler and Jason Duffner both play plus 2 tour winner Hunter Mahan and the Players winner Matt Kuchar...

Firstly Zach Johnson, who i picked for the players, is at one of his favourite courses. A past winner in 2010 coupled with a fourth last year and another top 10 in 2009 he is top of the market at 12/1. Bo Van Pelt is another who played well here last year and again at 25/1 has a great chance to improve on his 3rd last year. My only doubt is that he has to break his duck yet on the tour so i may give him a miss. David Toms is another who i would give a shout out for as he also has a very good track record here. Winning this last year, he is also the 2nd highest earner in prize money off this course and 25/1 isnt a bad shout on him wining back to back this weekend...

So again i go with my two picks of Hunter Mahan and Matt Kuchar, but to be honest i might have to change my picks because of them winning already this year. Those nice chaps over in PaddyPower land have Mahan a 22/1 shot and Kuchar a 16/1, which is skinny for e/w claims. But i will stick with them for now i as i do think that these two can win here in Texas...

For my 2 other picks i am going with Jim Furyk and Geoff Ogilvy. Furyk had a break last week so come here fresh and with Duffner winning last week after a mini break i also think it will help Juryk re-charge his batterys for this. He is also has a record of 6 top tens here at The Colonial course, coupled with him being 12th in the putting rankings, gives him a good chance...

Geoff Ogilvy has had a consistant start this year without actually hitting the top places. Ranks 3rd in the list of scoring for all par 3's, plus in the 16th in the scrambling rankings this year...

Matt Kuchar @ 16/1...
    Hunter Mahan @ 22/1...
    Jim Furyk @ 33/1...
    Geoff Ogilvy @ 40/1...

£2.50 e/w... PadPow pay 1/4 odds for top 5... Good luck if you play...<cheers>

2. stick

stick Bumper King

I have back Tim Clark at 100-1 purely for the fact that he historically does well here.

Good luck all

3. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Not betting this week, may have a bet Friday eve on the BMW PGA but other than that nowt for me. I'll keep an eye out for the picks here though, be hoping they do well.

4. redcgull

After the 1st round...

Leader - Z. Johnson -6

J. Furyk........ -1
    H. Mahan...... -1
    G. Ogilvy....... E
    T. Clark......... E
    M. Kuchar...... +2

Long way to go but the top 6 look very solid after the first round... some good scores are going to be scored to get our picks up into the money...

5. redcgull

After the 2nd round...

Leader J. Duffner -11

J. Juryk.......... -2
    T. Clark.......... -1
    Ogilvy............. E
    Mahan............ E
    Kuchar............ +1

Its looking a 2 horse race even with 2 rounds to go... Duffman and Zach look the ones to beat... A bit of work to do for the picks to get the e/w money back in this one... Nevermind...

6. SaveTheHumans

Dufner gotta be the best in the world at the minute, has been up there in nearly every competition and now knows how to win could be a force to be reckoned with over time, what's the bet's look around your golf course in future and you'll start seeing the Duff waggle in amateurs!!

7. redcgull

After the 3rd round...

Leader J. Duffner -15

J. Furyk........ -4
    H. Mahon...... -2
    M. Kuchar...... -2
    T. Clarck........ E
    G. Ogilvy........ E

A 2 horse race im afraid this one, and nobody had them, well apart from a couple on the golf comp... Just need Juryk to get top 5 then get my money back...<ok>

8. redcgull

Final rounds scores...

Winner Z. Johnson -12

4th J. Furyk....... -6
    T19 G.Ogilvy...... -1
    T19 T.Clark........ -1
    T26 M. Kucjhar.... E
    T37 H. Mahan..... +2

So Zach Johnson returns to wining ways at last, and obviously at one of his favourite courses. Duffner just mad to many mistakes at the back end of the last round and Zach pounced on them to secure his 2nd Crowne Plaza win in 3 years...

Jim Furyk got me back my e/w money so im pleased with that...<ok>

9. SaveTheHumans

Sometimes it's too obvious ain't it. Well done red, least ya got some return.