1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fedex St. Judes Classic

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Jun 6, 2012.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

This weeks PGA rolls into Memphis, Tennessee and is one of the tougher courses that the tour goes to. The driving has to be accurate but if not then your scrambling skills will need to be tip top. The total areas of these greens are smaller than average so hitting the greens from the fairways is always good, but not a necessity if your chipping is up to scratch. The greens biggest challenges come from hitting the right areas on the green as they are not the flattest. Avoiding the bogeys is the key to going around here and just slowly keep on picking up the birdies if you can...

So top scrambling skills, avoiding the dreaded dropped shots plus driving accuracy will be at the fore front of winning here... Even so the field isnt that strong and usually a 100/1 shot can easily appear in the top 10, Harrison Frazar was a pre tournament 80/1 shot in last years tournament and he went on to win it...

So im giving the top 4 a miss again, even though the winner may well come from them. Z. Johnson 9/1, R. McIlroy 10/1, D. Johnson 16/1 and G. McDowell 22/1...If any of these do slip up then im hoping for one of the following to step up and claim the title, or at least give me a e/w return...

Martin Laird @ 28/1...
    Ryan Palmer @ 33/1...
    Bryce Molder @ 50/1...
    Bob Estes @ 66/1...

Usual £2.5 e/w calls... PadPow paying 1/4 top 5...

Good luck if you have a bet...<cheers>

2. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Just the 1 bet for me this week

Rory McIlroy 10/1

This could look huge come sunday morning

His form has been iffy to say the least, but i think this course wil bring about a transformation

3. redcgull

After the 1st round...

Leaders at -4...

B. Molder........ -2
    R. McIlroy....... -2
    B. Estes......... +2
    M. Laird......... +2
    R. Palmer....... +4

Looks already that im banking on Bryce Molder to get me something back from this one... But it dosnt take much to turn around 4 shots here... Interesting to see how Rory will do as he is passing up the chance to practice at next weeks US Open... He needs a top 5 finish minimum...

Good luck Smokin...<cheers>

4. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

I think he was out there last week at Olympic red then flew to play this, i guess for some competitive golf to get him tuned up before returning there. Missed this last nite but will be watchin from here on in, best of luck with the bets lads.

5. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Smokin, looks like a good bet to me now, he is striking the ball pretty sweetly especially with the mid - short irons, he shoulda holed a few more also but i reckon he won't be beat judging by today's performance.

6. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Wow, any1 of about 20 have a chance going into the final round.

I think with the more challenging pin positions thats normal on the final day of a pga tour event, -8/-9 will probably secure it.

Any fancies ?

7. redcgull

Your absolutely right Smokin... Those at -3 must think that they have a chance to win this. Any one who can get off to a flyer on the front 9 and put a little pressure on the ones behind them can seriously take this... Just looking at the top 20 or so, well those from -3 onwards, Ryan Palmer has gone 74, 66, 67 so he is going to rue that 1st round but can shoot a healthy clubhouse lead if he repeats a -4 under score going out early... Roberto Castro is another with rounds of 73, 68, 66 that must mean he will be looking to go low again...

I see that Stadler and McIlroy are paired up again and i think that will either inspire or delfate. Both has poor 3rd round scores so they will be up to rectify that and hopefully get back to there best... Or they will just drag each other down... Hope not for your sake Smokin...!!!

Dustin Johnson looks the pick of the ones just behind the leaders and PadPow have him at 5/1... i may be tempted...!!! If anyone gets to a -10 score then that would be very hard to beat so if the wind gets up for the last 4-5 pairings then a early clubhouse score of -7 or -8 will be tough to get past... Play-off...??? It most certainly would not surprise me if it did...

Of my pick left...

T11 R. Palmer @ -3...
    T24 B. Molder @ -1...
    T24 M. Laird @ -1...
    T39 B. Estes @ +1...

So Ryan Palmer is my only realistic chance but i may just have a nibble of Dustin Johnson's 5/1...

Good luck Smokin as your 10/1 for Rory is indeed massive and very much in play...<cheers>

8. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Bet365 have Dustin at 11/2 Red

I have had a few 3 ball bets for the final round - its perfect as the football will finish around half 9, and then switch to sky for the last hour or so of the tournament.

anyone know why the final round are in 3balls when yesterday they were in 2balls?

Anyhooo - 3ball golf bets today

£5 - £52.50
    McIlroy 10/11 v (Stadler/Campbell)
    Johnson 6/5 v (Allenby/Kisner)
    O'Hern 2/1 v (Merrick/LoveIII)

£3 - £46.64
    Castro 13/5 v (Holmes/Jacobsen)
    Palmer 8/11 v (Guthrie/Morris)
    Harrington 6/4 v (Overton/Austin)

£2 - £50.62
    Maggert 2/1 v (Stenson/McGirt)
    Laird 5/4 v (Noh/Chopra)
    Micheel 11/4 v (Molder/Clark)

9. redcgull

Well Dusty Bin went on to win the St Judes Classic and pocket me a little bit of money as well...!!! I dont usually do this but i thought why not and got away with it to be honest. All my other picks bar Ryan Palmer were shot at, even though Palmer got me back my e/w money with a 3rd place finish, so i took a punt and it came off... Happy Days...:1980_boogie_down:

Sorry for you Smokin with Rory failing to get up to win this... I do feel that he has taken his eye of what made him good last year and is trying to be too precise with his iron play. Last year he just bombed the green, putted in one or two shots moved on. Now he seems to be trying to hit the perfect shot into the green and has lost his feel for certain shots... He will be back, he is too damn good not to, but i dont think he will retain his Major title this weekend at the Olympic...

T3 - R.Palmer @ -3... e/w money at 33/1, £17.34... Had a place reduction with 4 other players...
    T24 B. Molder @ -2...
    T24 M. Laird @ -2...
    T34 B. Estes @ E...

D. Johnson won and got me back £60... Bring on the US Open...:emoticon-0142-happy

10. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

that tournament was a wirte off for me in the end

The US Open looks terrific....very strong field and some terrific value to be had. I'll explain my picks in your next thread

As for the 3ball challenge, im working new hours for the next few weeks and it means i am only on now and again. I dont wanna let people down o i probably leave it for a while, unless i post the competition and let it roll until i i get back online