1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canadian Open, Hamilton Golf Club, Ancaster

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Jul 25, 2012.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

So a little bit after the Lords Mayor show we have the Canadian Open following up after our Open at Lytham-St.Annes, but will we get the exciting finish here as we did last Sunday. Well for starters the field isnt as strong, naturally, but we do have a good group of golfers that could very well give us some entertainment and maybe a bit of profit...

This isnt one of the hardest course that the PGA go to but it has its quirks. A par 70 at a mere 6,985 yards, the greens are tight but accessible. The last time that this course held the Canadian Open, back in 2006, Jim Furyk won what was to be first of back to back to wins in this particular Open. Many of the top players take a break from this but the ones that do turn up usually feature in the top 10 come the end...

So i shall be going with the following...

I usually go with Hunter Mahan and Matt Kuchar in which ever tournament they play in, both are 11/1 and joint favs and i am willing to play on these short odds because i think one of them has a great chance of winning this...

Bo Van Pelt is one bloke that ive followed for a little while now and i think that after his missed opportunity when up against Tiger last month he will win on the tour sometime soon. His stats fit this course and the set up will be to his liking...

Scott Piercy is coming off a 3rd place at the John Deer Classic two weeks ago and hopefully he can carry that form into this. Tied 12th at -10, and T3rd at -18 shows that he can score low...

Matt Kuchar @ 11/1...
    Hunter Mahan @ 11/1...
    Bo Van Pelt @ 25/1...
    Scott Piercy @ 40/1...

As per usual £2.5 e/w... PadPow pays 1/4 odds top 5... Good luck if you play...<cheers>

2. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Going to have a punt on Graham De Laet at 66/1 pin in the board jobby though, not had much time to have a look at anyone.

3. Jim The Tim

Jim The Tim Member

My Fancies this week are
    Jim Furyk. 33/1. £1 E/W
    Charlie. Wi 66/1. £1 E/W
    Hunter Mahan 12/1 £1 Win

That's my Weekly £5

Good luck to all. :undecided:

4. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 1st round...

1 - S. Piercy, -8......... red
    T5 - B. V. Pelt, -5....... red
    T15 - M. Kuchar, -3..... red
    T39 - G. De Laet, -1..... Jeff
    T66 - H. Mahon, E........ red, Jim
    T66 - J. Furyk, E.......... Jim
    T95 - C. Wi, +1............ Jim

Well a good start to the comp with Scott Piercy setting the early pace at -8...!!! But we all know that this can change very quickly... Here's to 3 more days of the same...<cheers>

5. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 2nd round...

T1 - S. Piercy, -11.......... red
    4 - B. Van Pelt, -9.......... red
    T26 - M. Kuchar, -4........ red
    T53 - G. De Laet, -2....... Jeff
    T66 - H. Mahan, -1......... red, Jim

Cut...
    J. Furyk, C. Wi...

So another day at the top for Scott. Lets just hope he can stay there, along with Bo...!!!<ok>

6. Jim The Tim

Jim The Tim Member

Anyone for Tennis. :emoticon-0101-sadsm

7. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 3rd round...

Leader - R. Garrigus, -16

3 - S. Piercy, -14......... red
    T4 - B. Van Plet, -12.... red
    T25 - M. Kuchar, -6..... red
    T50 - G. De Laet, -2.... Jeff
    T68 - H. Mahan, +1..... red, Jim

So with most of the top players all shooting low, low rounds yesterday it seems that anyone who is 5-6 shots back has a chance of winning here. Three shot a -7 score, Scott StaLlings and Chris Kirk, which has propelled them up to tied 4th at the moment. With Robert Garrigus shooting -6 to take the outright lead and a one shot lead into the final day...

So lets hope for my sake that Scott and Bo can both go low sometime today...<ok>

8. redcgull

<cracker><cracker>...Scott Piercy...<cracker><cracker>

Ahh, the sweet smell of success... As 40/1 winners go Scotty boy had to hold onto his luck and i am thanking two very disappointed players... Thank you Robert Garrigus for going round in level par when everyone else was shooting sub par rounds... Thank you to William McGirt for shooting 5,5 on your last 2 holes to blow a 4 shot lead from earlier in the day... I am £130's better off today for their help...<cheers>

Final leaderboard...

1st S. Piercy......... -17 red
    T7 B. Van Pelt....... -12 red
    T34 M. Kuchar....... -6 red
    T48 H. Maham....... -4 red, Jim
    T56 G.De Laet....... -2 Jeff

And now onto this week and the Bridgestone International with the PGA the week after... Lets hope i can get my roving eye back into the winners enclosure again...:emoticon-0148-yes:

9. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Haha red haven't had much time to get on latetly but well done, excellent picking as usual, Piercy has been one of the form players of late and was due a win, congrats on the win..both of you(Piercy) and enjoy the money.

I'll get a few selections on for Thurs hopefully.

10. redcgull

Just as a side thing... With this win i have broken through the £1,000's mark, £1,018.15...!!! Hitting in all 6 winners and a few placed so far this season...

Take away my initial outlay and im at £603.15 profit... So its been a good year so far...<ok>