1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fedex Cup Play-offs - The Deutsche Bank Championship

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Aug 29, 2012.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

The Fedex Cup rolls on with a reduced field of just 100 players who will all be looking to squeeze into the top 70 come Sunday evening. TPC Boston is this weeks destination and this will be the easiest challenge to our golfers of the 4 courses that they will play. Ranked as the second easiest course last year on the PGA Tour, we will be expecting a bit of a shoot out for who gets into the top 70 and move forward to Crooked Stick next week.

The only thing that will halt the low scoring will be the weather, and as they are expecting mild conditions, we will probably see some low scores. Therefore approach play, GIR and obviously putting must be high on priorities this week.

This will be the 9th year that the golfers have come here for this event and a few of them have done better than most. Vijay Singh is the only player to have won it twice in this time but a host of players have recorded more than 1 top 10 finish. Tiger Woods, Adam Scot, Luke Donald, Steve Striker, Jim Furyk and Brandt Snedeker all have and are some of the main contenders this year. Jason Duffner comes back from a week off plus we have the US players trying to gain access to the US Ryder Cup Team. I think Davis Love names his team after the conclusion of this tournament. We then have the 4 players just ranked outside the automatic positions Mahan, Striker, Furyk and Fowler, but if they slip up then Snedeker, Van Pelt or Dustin Johnson can catch the captains eye and get in...

So with all this in mind im looking at the following...

Adam Scott up to now this year he will be remembered for his collapse at our Open but he has actually had a good year other than that. He won this event back in 2003 and has finished in the top 10 the last 2 years. Has a good birdie conversion plus hits a high percentage of GIR's. Dosnt have to worry about gaining access to the Ryder Cup as he isnt in it...

Bo Van Pelt has arguably been one of the most consistent players on tour all year but has no Tour victory to his name. He isnt guaranteed a place in the Ryder Cup but a big finish here would surely put him in the frame. Ranks 24th for GIR, 8th in Birdie Average and is 2nd in Overall Putting Stats...

Jim Furyk is another player that has done well around this course. He has 3 top 10's in the last 4 years, ranks 24th in Strokes Gained Putting, 5th for Scoring Average and has very good approach stats. His profile suits this course and i think he can make a good impression here...

Tim Clark, like Adam Scott dosnt have to impress anyone else to gain entry to the Ryder Cup and so wont have that added pressure. Tied 10th last week he actually led the field in total putting and is showing good form at the right time of the year. His last 4 tournaments have him finishing 10th, 2nd, 11th and 15th so he can certainly keep that momentum up here...

So this week im going with...

Adam Scott @ 28/1...
    Bo Van Pelt @ 45/1...
    Jim Furyk @ 50/1...
    Tim Clark @ 66/1...

The usual £2.50 e/w with PadPow paying 1/4 top 5... Good luck if your playing...<cheers>

2. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Hey Red!

the usually 4 for me this week -

Louis Oosthuizen 30-1
    Keegan Bradley 45-1
    Rickie Fowler 66-1
    Geoff Ogilvy 50-1 (why i love this guy i dont know!, he needs to win sometime soon to rcoup the endless money chucked at his recently lol!)

3. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 1st round...

Leader - Seung-Yul Noh, -9

T8 - L. Oosthuizen, -5 ... smokin
    T27 - A. Scott, -2 ........ red
    T27 - B. Van Pelt, -2 ..... red
    T27 - J. Furyk, -2 ......... red
    T56 - T. Clark, E ........... red
    T56 - R. Fowler, E ......... smokin
    T56 - K. Bradley, E ........ smokin
    T74 - G. Ogilvy, E ......... smokin

I thought that the scoring would be low but not this low after the first round, jeez something -20 might have to be scored to win this...!!! Not the best from our picks Smokin but still 3 days to go...<ok>

4. redcgull

Leaderboard after the 3rd round...

Leader - L. Oosthuizen, -19...<yikes>

1st place and looking strong.... smokin...<ok>
    T16 - A. Scott, -7 ............... red
    T16 - J. Furyk, -7 ................ red
    T19 - K. Bradley, -6 ............. smokin
    T32 - B. Van Pelt, -3 ........... red
    T61 - G. Ogilvy, +1 .............. smokin
    T63 - R. Fowler, +2 ............. smokin

Way to go smokin, though we have still to play the last round but Louis looks very strong at the moment... Shooting 8 birdies in 9 holes is some golf and has took this tournament by the scruff of its neck here... Fingers crossed for you pal that he brings home the bacon and not just a bacon sarnie...<ok>

5. redcgull

Final leaderboard...

Winner - R. McIlroy, -20

2nd - L. Oosthuizen, -19...... smokin
    T7 - A. Scott, -12 ............. red
    T13 - K. Bradley, -8 ........... smokin
    T13 - J. Furyk, -8 .............. red
    T26 - B. Van Pelt, -5 .......... red
    T51 - G. Ogilvy, E .............. smokin
    T74 - R. Fowler, +7 ........... smokin

Unlucky smokin, but to be honest Oost only went round in level par for his last round and thats cost him... Had he gone round in -2 then more than likely we might have had a different name for the winner... A damn shame as he probably deserved a victory after the way he played... But the win wasnt to be and Rory claimed his 3rd title this year on the tour, the same as Tiger, but done with a bit more flair me thinks. And tougher fields...!!!

On to Crooked Stick this week and so hopefully we can get nearer to getting the winner there...<cheers>

6. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

GUTTED!!!

Got some each way pennies back, £21 and change but still sucks big time.

IF i was told Rory was going to end with bogey-par on them two holes i wouldda have put my house on louis getting at the very least a play off.

Sickening...anyways onto next week (well 2 days time!) Fingers crossed